FiiO X7 Mk II 2GB RAM + 64GB ROM + ESS9028 PRO + Balanced + DSD + BT 4.1 aptX + Dual mSD + Dual Band WiFi + Opt Out
Aug 18, 2017 at 6:35 AM Post #1,096 of 6,207
I don't disagree that it maybe a waste of time, but it's just out of curiosity, I don't plan on using the X7ii as a transport, simply wanted to try it for fun! I only use the Mojo for my laptop anyway and that's how I plan to keep it.

My only issues with the device at the moment, is that the buttons seem very easy to press, which seems like a odd complaint, but when the device is in my pocket, it pauses and skips tracks now and again, I know I can change the functionality of the buttons but that defeats the point in having them there in the first place.
Then the buttons can also seem... Unresponsive. So, for instance, I push pause and it is instantaneous. If I then hit play it can be delayed. Similar results with previous/next track buttons. It's not all the time, but fairly often. That's with the Fiio music app and Pure Music Mode.
From my own experience, I've never had any issues with accidental button presses in my pocket. They do require a decent amount of force, especially if you're using the black leatherette case. How large of a delay are you talking about though, it's only normal to have a slight delay when resuming a track or skipping to the next one. The only significant delay I ever had is when I start the first song upon its boot up, which isn't much of a concern anyway since there's no delays thereafter.

Aug 18, 2017 at 7:42 AM Post #1,097 of 6,207
Have a look at the Earsonic ES3. very linear in the bass, but with a touch more sub-bass (ideal for EDM). Nice transition from lower to upper mids, and a decent amount of high-end without overdoing it.

Anyone tried the x7 ii with a pair of shure se535's? I'm thinking of purchasing both of these, any recommendations for a competitor to the se535's would also be greatly received, I am a fan of a bit of sparkle in the highs and love my vocals, but also appreciate some tight base as I listen to EDM as well.

Basically don't want the 535's if they won't play nicely!!

Appreciate any replies...

Aug 18, 2017 at 10:38 AM Post #1,098 of 6,207
x7ii received, just ouf of the box, the 7ii is way punchier and dynamic than the x5iii, a little bit blurry but i guess time is going to fix this.

Hi, try this: Do a Factory reset, then in FiiO music app, reset database, exit, ES explorer delete folder FiiOMusic and Imageloader, rescan tracks.
This procedure doesn't delete any music you have on X7, either in built in memory or cards.

Its just 5 minutes, you have nothing to loose. Please report later if the blurry has disappeared. I don't find an immediate logic for this but give it a try...

Regards

Aug 18, 2017 at 10:58 AM Post #1,099 of 6,207
New SSD USB drive from Samsung: T5. I know someone in this forums that use the last T3 SSD USB model from Samsung with FiiO X7 (1st Gen) via OTG without problems. Actually i use a Kingston HyperX 1 TB. USB Pendrive with my FiiO X7 (1st. Gen) without problems.

¡¡¡Smaller than Bussiness Card Size!!!

I will buy at the end of September my FiiO X7 Mark II with a Samsung T5 2TB SSD USB drive. I need to find a short OTG cable from Micro-USB (X7 Mark II) to USB-C (Samsung T5) that size 0.1cm long.

upload_2017-8-18_16-57-21.png

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2017 at 11:14 AM Post #1,100 of 6,207
Now this seems the real pricing because when X7 launched with AM1 was priced 42,299/- , Now with added GST price seems to be real - Unlike US market there is tons of other DAP/DAC/AMP company presence - In India Fiio is the only one which got Dealer / Distributor network and thus allow them to face zero competition....Fiio is the only option in India for regular folks.
Look at the X7 - In US market there are plenty of offer/discount goes on before X5-3 release....In India, none - Even that time X7 price was increased in India.
X5 3 is still reasonably priced in India but X7 II is very high in comparison. I am little disappointed with the pricing of X7 II, it should have been reasonable.

Amazon sold X5 3 for much lesser price when they offered cash back of 2000/-. India is a huge market and FiiO needs to get their pricing right if they want X7 II to be more popular.

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2017 at 11:19 AM Post #1,101 of 6,207
Aug 18, 2017 at 11:55 AM Post #1,102 of 6,207
New SSD USB drive from Samsung: T5. I know someone in this forums that use the last T3 SSD USB model from Samsung with FiiO X7 (1st Gen) via OTG without problems. Actually i use a Kingston HyperX 1 TB. USB Pendrive with my FiiO X7 (1st. Gen) without problems.

¡¡¡Smaller than Bussiness Card Size!!!

I will buy at the end of September my FiiO X7 Mark II with a Samsung T5 2TB SSD USB drive. I need to find a short OTG cable from Micro-USB (X7 Mark II) to USB-C (Samsung T5) that size 0.1cm long.
If you find the cabel let me know!

Aug 18, 2017 at 12:45 PM Post #1,103 of 6,207
Last edited:
Aug 18, 2017 at 12:54 PM Post #1,105 of 6,207
Doesn't the X7ii need to be the host? I'm asking because I've never connected a USB hard drive to a device. I know with DAC's the X7 needs to be the host.
I think the same that X7 need to be the host. But is the only short cable i found to be Micro-USB to USB-C. I have a little hope that maybe it will work.

I also continue searching to cables like this but where the Micro-USB is the host.

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2017 at 1:07 PM Post #1,106 of 6,207
Doesn't the X7ii need to be the host? I'm asking because I've never connected a USB hard drive to a device. I know with DAC's the X7 needs to be the host.
You need a usb 2 OTG cable, not sure if this will work as it looks like usb type C to usb 2. For Android, OTG cables are different to normal usb cables, this cable is made for a computer.

Also, usb type C is not needed for the X7ii as it only has usb 2. It's kind of a waste of money, unless you want the speed for other purposes and it's not just for use with the X7ii. Personally, for X7ii I would go for a low power usb thumb drive. Usb otg drains the battery, and some newer thumb drives have ssd controllers which chew more power.

Aug 18, 2017 at 7:30 PM Post #1,107 of 6,207
Actually, it's negligible. Believe me, I know about the Mojo and Rob's posts. Likely the measurements you've seen didn't account for the output delay leading to inaccurate results.

Here's one example:

Seriously, this is waaaaay off topic in the X7 mkII thread. Feel free to PM me if anyone wants to debate my posts.

Hi Relic,
the Mojo has a measured treble roll-off of 2
db or more at 18 kHz only with certain balanced armature iems which use multiple drivers.

See here for an example of measurements:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chord-mojo-dac-amp-☆★►faq-in-3rd-post-◄★☆.784602/page-289

Rob Watts replied (see same link): 'Its because the OP stage is integrated with the OP filter. This means that Mojo analogue section is very simple, so giving Mojo's transparency, but the downside is a small variation in frequency response with load impedance."

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2017 at 10:02 PM Post #1,108 of 6,207
Hello again all my old friends that bought an X7 :) And those new X7ii owners :)

I'm finding a couple of oddities with the X7ii and wanted to ask if anybody else had noted anything similar:

1) Turning gapless playback on certainly reduces the size of the gap, but it isn't really gapless.

2) The X7ii's wifi refuses to connect to my cellphone's hotspot. (Although it will connect to my home wifi network.) Specifically, the X7ii doesn't seem to support WPA2 PSK encryption :frowning2:

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2017 at 10:28 PM Post #1,109 of 6,207
Hi Relic,
the Mojo has a measured treble roll-off of 2
db or more at 18 kHz only with certain balanced armature iems which use multiple drivers.

See here for an example of measurements:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chord-mojo-dac-amp-☆★►faq-in-3rd-post-◄★☆.784602/page-289

Rob Watts replied (see same link): 'Its because the OP stage is integrated with the OP filter. This means that Mojo analogue section is very simple, so giving Mojo's transparency, but the downside is a small variation in frequency response with load impedance."

Actually, no, it's not -2dB. I PM'd Rob regarding mutiple consumer measurements, including the ones you linked, to discuss their findings and he says the roll-off is no where near what they are getting, likely because they aren't accounting for the delay of the output giving inaccurate results. Yes, there is a very minor roll but not as extreme as -2dB.

Again this is waaaay off topic in the X7 mkII thread so I'll PM you his replies in a moment.

Aug 19, 2017 at 12:53 AM Post #1,110 of 6,207
Hello again all my old friends that bought an X7 :) And those new X7ii owners :)

I'm finding a couple of oddities with the X7ii and wanted to ask if anybody else had noted anything similar:

1) Turning gapless playback on certainly reduces the size of the gap, but it isn't really gapless.

2) The X7ii's wifi refuses to connect to my cellphone's hotspot. (Although it will connect to my home wifi network.) Specifically, the X7ii doesn't seem to support WPA2 PSK encryption :frowning2:

1. I've noticed that when using the FiiO Player App, it won't play gapless unless the option is turned on. If it's on when the app is open, it has to be turned off then on. But even then, it'll only play a gapless track transition once. After that, transitions won't be gapless unless the option is turned off and on again, but it'll once again only be gapless for one track transition. It is certainly strange.

2. My unit can connect to my iPhone 6's hotspot just fine. It can also connect to my home networks which both use WPA2 PSK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back