FiiO X7 Mk II 2GB RAM + 64GB ROM + ESS9028 PRO + Balanced + DSD + BT 4.1 aptX + Dual mSD + Dual Band WiFi + Opt Out
Aug 17, 2017 at 12:09 PM Post #1,081 of 6,207
If at all possible.. Can someone please plug in a USB hard drive into the X7 via OTG cable and tell me if it reads the files/music that is on it ?
I can do this with my phone the LG v20 but If the Fiio can do it then im sold on this player even more!

Aug 17, 2017 at 12:17 PM Post #1,082 of 6,207
If at all possible.. Can someone please plug in a USB hard drive into the X7 via OTG cable and tell me if it reads the files/music that is on it ?
I can do this with my phone the LG v20 but If the Fiio can do it then im sold on this player even more!
Earlier in this thread a Fiio rep posted to say that usb otg storage functionality is supported on the X7ii.

I posted a question a few pages back to ask if 'play from folders' is supported, but nobody appears to have to replied. I am also curious about otg storage compatibility, are any X7ii owners able to test the otg storage functionality?

Many thanks :)

Aug 17, 2017 at 12:23 PM Post #1,083 of 6,207
External hard drive won't work on X7 due to power limitations. A card reader might work.

Aug 17, 2017 at 12:27 PM Post #1,084 of 6,207
xcubQ.jpg

working fine and can even play videos on supported formats. external hard drive didn't work tho.

Aug 17, 2017 at 12:29 PM Post #1,085 of 6,207
Ive noticed someone with the Fiio X5III is using a hard drive probably powered with a power bank and splitter, although in the picture it looks like he just plugged the drive right in.

It works.

I think with the external drive you either need a laptop drive (small form factor drives) with a splitter cable and a power bank supplying the hard drive power, or a low power drive.
alternatively a Hard Drive with its own power.

My 2TB Momentus 9.5mm which says it draws 0.85A worked in the LG V20 which was great as poweramp let me scan all the music on there fine!

Last edited:
Aug 17, 2017 at 1:56 PM Post #1,086 of 6,207
Ive noticed someone with the Fiio X5III is using a hard drive probably powered with a power bank and splitter, although in the picture it looks like he just plugged the drive right in.

I think with the external drive you either need a laptop drive (small form factor drives) with a splitter cable and a power bank supplying the hard drive power, or a low power drive.

My 2TB Momentus 9.5mm which says it draws 0.85A worked in the LG V20 which was great as poweramp let me scan all the music on there fine!
External hard drive won't work on X7 due to power limitations. A card reader might work.

working fine and can even play videos on supported formats. external hard drive didn't work tho.

1Tb Samsung T3 ssd works on the x7ii........for those DSD days, splitter will also power if you 're near mains:darthsmile:
20170817_185130.jpg

Aug 17, 2017 at 1:58 PM Post #1,087 of 6,207

A splitter "may" work, but it would depend on the device it is connecting to. They "may" need to see the 5v as part of the USB handshake. Note, not all drives will work either. I would suspect a dual USB cable to USB3 "may" work with one connection going to a powerbank and the other to the phone. Though, I've not needed to test that method.

Aug 17, 2017 at 2:01 PM Post #1,088 of 6,207
A splitter "may" work, but it would depend on the device it is connecting to. They "may" need to see the 5v as part of the USB handshake. Note, not all drives will work either. I would suspect a dual USB cable to USB3 "may" work with one connection going to a powerbank and the other to the phone. Though, I've not needed to test that method.

Your right finding the right cable takes experimentation , startech and Datapeak work

Aug 17, 2017 at 5:40 PM Post #1,091 of 6,207
X7 II price in India is higher compared to initial price release. It was 42,000 ($650) but now it shows 49,990 ($770).

Can't speak for FiiO but that latter price is almost identical to the scheduled NZ RRP (NZ$1049) so it makes sense. Not sure what your taxation is like but we have GST of 15% applied to the sell price, as well as overheads for shipping and customs.

Aug 17, 2017 at 6:26 PM Post #1,092 of 6,207
I don't disagree that it maybe a waste of time, but it's just out of curiosity, I don't plan on using the X7ii as a transport, simply wanted to try it for fun! I only use the Mojo for my laptop anyway and that's how I plan to keep it.

My only issues with the device at the moment, is that the buttons seem very easy to press, which seems like a odd complaint, but when the device is in my pocket, it pauses and skips tracks now and again, I know I can change the functionality of the buttons but that defeats the point in having them there in the first place.
Then the buttons can also seem... Unresponsive. So, for instance, I push pause and it is instantaneous. If I then hit play it can be delayed. Similar results with previous/next track buttons. It's not all the time, but fairly often. That's with the Fiio music app and Pure Music Mode.

Aug 18, 2017 at 1:37 AM Post #1,093 of 6,207
X7 II price in India is higher compared to initial price release. It was 42,000 ($650) but now it shows 49,990 ($770).

Now this seems the real pricing because when X7 launched with AM1 was priced 42,299/- , Now with added GST price seems to be real - Unlike US market there is tons of other DAP/DAC/AMP company presence - In India Fiio is the only one which got Dealer / Distributor network and thus allow them to face zero competition....Fiio is the only option in India for regular folks.
Look at the X7 - In US market there are plenty of offer/discount goes on before X5-3 release....In India, none - Even that time X7 price was increased in India.

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2017 at 3:06 AM Post #1,094 of 6,207
Well, it's even worse in the Czech Republic - when X7 came to our market, its price was approximately $900. After modules were released, AM0 cost ~$700 (current price). No sign of X7II here...

By the way - if someone sees X7 MKII in the USA before September, please let me know. :beyersmile:

Aug 18, 2017 at 6:16 AM Post #1,095 of 6,207
Anyone tried the x7 ii with a pair of shure se535's? I'm thinking of purchasing both of these, any recommendations for a competitor to the se535's would also be greatly received, I am a fan of a bit of sparkle in the highs and love my vocals, but also appreciate some tight base as I listen to EDM as well.

Basically don't want the 535's if they won't play nicely!!

Appreciate any replies...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back