FiiO X7 Mk II 2GB RAM + 64GB ROM + ESS9028 PRO + Balanced + DSD + BT 4.1 aptX + Dual mSD + Dual Band WiFi + Opt Out
Jul 26, 2019 at 11:43 AM Post #5,836 of 6,207
X7MKII FW1.1.0 firmware:

The following changes and improvements have beenmade to the FW1.1.0 compared to the FW1.0.9 on X7MKII:
1.Added FiiO Link control via WiFi (now for the Android app, you can choose to connect and control FiiO devices via WiFi or Bluetooth; for the iOS app, it's only available via WiFi);
2.Fixed issue where the player would stop playing in Line out/Coaxial out mode if the screen is off;
3.Fixed issue where the Idle poweroff timer would still take effect when using USB Audio output;
4.Fixed issue where the change of the Theme setting would not be saved if using user-defined images;
5.Fixed issue where the audio was distorted when playing FLAC 192k tracks through DLNA;
6.Fixed issue where the 'Skip through folders' function might work abnormally when 'Resume play' was enabled;
7.Improved issue where some characters of the track info were displayed incorrectly;
8.Miscellaneous bug fixes.

Jul 26, 2019 at 11:58 AM Post #5,837 of 6,207
I did have the problem where characters of tracks were wrong, so that would be nice if that is fixed. Haven't noticed anything yet.

Jul 26, 2019 at 1:29 PM Post #5,838 of 6,207
I'm happy to hear about this firmware update. My player suffered from the issue summarized in fix #2:

2.Fixed issue where the player would stop playing in Line out/Coaxial out mode if the screen is off;

I'll try it later tonight and hope its resolved.

Jul 26, 2019 at 3:49 PM Post #5,840 of 6,207
I'm happy to hear about this firmware update. My player suffered from the issue summarized in fix #2:

I'll try it later tonight and hope its resolved.

Kudos for FiiO for this FW. This specific bug was critical for me, pity a bit too late. But I’m happy for X7ii owners, its a fantastic DAP

Jul 27, 2019 at 5:23 AM Post #5,842 of 6,207
The downloaded (Local) version didn't work for me. I had to use the OTA version and press retry every couple of minutes, as is the norm with FiiO updates.

Strange, I never had any problems with the OTA updates.

Jul 27, 2019 at 10:47 AM Post #5,843 of 6,207
Out fw 1.1.2 for Japan market

Jul 28, 2019 at 11:51 AM Post #5,844 of 6,207
tested the firmware but my sensation is that sound worse of the previous version.
Anyway it got a new graphics for eq, some different colors in the interface, but again the bug where when you show the button bar, the music interface commands goes over the album cover image.

downgraded.

Jul 28, 2019 at 12:09 PM Post #5,845 of 6,207
tested the firmware but my sensation is that sound worse of the previous version.
Anyway it got a new graphics for eq, some different colors in the interface, but again the bug where when you show the button bar, the music interface commands goes over the album cover image.

downgraded.
How is the EQ, does it still distort?

Jul 28, 2019 at 12:20 PM Post #5,846 of 6,207
X7MKII FW1.1.0 firmware:

The following changes and improvements have beenmade to the FW1.1.0 compared to the FW1.0.9 on X7MKII:
1.Added FiiO Link control via WiFi (now for the Android app, you can choose to connect and control FiiO devices via WiFi or Bluetooth; for the iOS app, it's only available via WiFi);
3.Fixed issue where the Idle poweroff timer would still take effect when using USB Audio output;
4.Fixed issue where the change of the Theme setting would not be saved if using user-defined images;
5.Fixed issue where the audio was distorted when playing FLAC 192k tracks through DLNA;
6.Fixed issue where the 'Skip through folders' function might work abnormally when 'Resume play' was enabled;
7.Improved issue where some characters of the track info were displayed incorrectly;
2g version or 4g Version for international possible ? At moment I’m at the 4g

Jul 28, 2019 at 2:02 PM Post #5,847 of 6,207
How is the EQ, does it still distort?

Hmm, I am on Japan fw and I never heard any distorsion with any iem.

Jul 28, 2019 at 2:03 PM Post #5,848 of 6,207
2g version or 4g Version for international possible ? At moment I’m at the 4g

I don’t If the 1.1.0 is 4g or not, I am using the Japanese one that is 4g. (1.1.2 last version)

Jul 29, 2019 at 10:11 AM Post #5,849 of 6,207
X7MKII FW1.1.0 firmware:

does it solves the volume bug?

Jul 29, 2019 at 10:39 AM Post #5,850 of 6,207
Hmm, which bug? Never had one. But I use it as just a player with iem. No line out, no streaming, ..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back