FiiO X7 Mk II 2GB RAM + 64GB ROM + ESS9028 PRO + Balanced + DSD + BT 4.1 aptX + Dual mSD + Dual Band WiFi + Opt Out
Jun 29, 2019 at 10:52 AM Post #5,806 of 6,207
Jul 3, 2019 at 3:53 PM Post #5,807 of 6,207
Hi there!
Please allow me to ask for some mental support 'cause I ordered a FiiO M11 before I read this not really short :blush: thread.
The order took place at June, 6th. The device is not delivered yet.
Last Friday (June 28) - after reading here about the upcoming M11 Pro - I asked the local dealer/distributor for the M11 Pro and enquired whether it's better to cancel the M11 order in behalf of the M11 Pro or M13 (instead of sending it back within 2 weeks testing period). The only answer was no answer but the announcement of the forthcoming shipment (of the late delivery). If It's true...:thinking: Now I'm confused and unsure because of this behaviour and wondering whether I should send it back after delivery and wait for the upcoming upgrade to M11 Pro/ M13.

Does anybody have an idea whether a delivery of the M11 Pro (or M13) might happen still this year 2019? I think I might survive some months with my old X3 (or iPhone/Q5 combination) while waiting for the long-desired hi-res equipment. :grinning: I very appreciate any new hint or comment in this matter.

Cheers
Derek

Jul 3, 2019 at 4:34 PM Post #5,808 of 6,207
I think FiiO should announce their upcoming products, with approximate release dates. This would stop people with upgrade plans jumping ship and purchasing a non FiiO product. iBasso did it with the DX220. Just seems good business to keep people on-board.

Jul 3, 2019 at 5:04 PM Post #5,809 of 6,207
I think m11pro and M13 will be two different DAP

Jul 3, 2019 at 5:18 PM Post #5,810 of 6,207
My understanding is the M11 Pro is just someones guess. FiiO has never named their products like this before. Its always been a numeric progression, with the higher number being the higher end product. So if they stick with this naming protocol, the model above the M11 should be the M13, as 13 is considered lucky in Chinese, unlike many other countries.

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2019 at 7:10 PM Post #5,811 of 6,207
Hmm, I remember to have read on some three here @JamesFiiO saying that M11pro will be out in October. I suppose he officially confirmed the name.

Jul 3, 2019 at 7:25 PM Post #5,812 of 6,207
For a similar price, would it be better to still get the X7 II, hearing that its still a step up over the M11, or the M11 itself, with presumably better software and experience, SQ aside?

Jul 3, 2019 at 8:09 PM Post #5,813 of 6,207
For a similar price, would it be better to still get the X7 II, hearing that its still a step up over the M11, or the M11 itself, with presumably better software and experience, SQ aside?

I own both the X7 Mark II and the M11, and the user experience of the M11 is superior to the X7II in almost every way. Screen, fluidity, speed of operation, speed of boot/shutdown, even how the volume knob behaves—all vastly better on the M11.

As for SQ, the X7II has the edge, but it’s a marginal difference. The only way I can describe it is that the M11 has a slightly—and I mean slightly—warmer signature, but in all other respects the two sound vastly similar.

One other thing that might be a dealbreaker is that Apple Music works on the X7II but not (at the moment) on the M11. This may change in the future, but it may not.

Jul 19, 2019 at 3:27 AM Post #5,815 of 6,207
does any one connect their fiio x7 mark 2 to any external dac/amp? e.g. chord mojo or ifi xdsd (← is this combo possible) ? or is it worth getting just to replace with the AM? (im lookin to drive headcans)

it is possible to connect to external dac/amp but not via fiio music app, you need to download USB Player Pro, Neutron or Onkyo HF Player meaning you got to buy them; they have an option to connect to external dac. To me, having replace the AM is better because we able to utilize the dac inside the Fiio 7 Mk2 otherwise, it will be pointless having fiio 7 mk2 if you stack with an external dac it will bypass the fiio 7 mk2 dac.
If you looking to drive cans best is to change the AM module :)

Jul 19, 2019 at 4:12 AM Post #5,816 of 6,207
it is possible to connect to external dac/amp but not via fiio music app, you need to download USB Player Pro, Neutron or Onkyo HF Player meaning you got to buy them; they have an option to connect to external dac. To me, having replace the AM is better because we able to utilize the dac inside the Fiio 7 Mk2 otherwise, it will be pointless having fiio 7 mk2 if you stack with an external dac it will bypass the fiio 7 mk2 dac.
If you looking to drive cans best is to change the AM module :)

hi sir...thanks for your replies and suggestion:bow:

im looking for suggestions, currently line-out via 3.5mm to an external amp to drive head cans... not sure if the AM for headcan would have enough punch... :-:)

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2019 at 4:20 AM Post #5,817 of 6,207

im looking for suggestions, currently line-out via 3.5mm to an external amp to drive head cans... not sure if the AM for headcan would have enough punch... :-:)

if your cans' impedance is like above 300 Ohm what i can think of is ifi xcan or maybe* Topping NX4.... ~AM5a AM module maybe that help?

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2019 at 6:48 PM Post #5,818 of 6,207

Would help to know what model of headphone you are looking to drive.

BTW - I have every module - so can advise when I know what your power requirements are.

Jul 20, 2019 at 12:13 AM Post #5,819 of 6,207

You are correct. I would get a dedicated amp to run from the line-out on the X7M2 for headcans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back