FiiO X7 Mk II 2GB RAM + 64GB ROM + ESS9028 PRO + Balanced + DSD + BT 4.1 aptX + Dual mSD + Dual Band WiFi + Opt Out
Jul 23, 2017 at 2:35 AM Post #226 of 6,207
Ouch!! Got to be careful mate. Oh man we are proud of you for biting on that bandana and getting back in shape. I am glad the X7II was an incentive. Time you over work your ears and rest your shoulders. From your first impressions they sure do sound good. Also do a SE comparison between the X5III and the X7II if you can spare the time please.

P.s - I wasn't really making fun of the voice. I was more concentrated on the content of what you were saying rather than the lower mids and higher mids with a dash of mellow timbre in your voice.

20170723_151829[1].jpg

20170723_152016[1].jpg

20170723_152114[1].jpg

20170723_152211[1].jpg

I am actually still stuck in balanced head to head but i will try SE tomorrow.

I need a new micro fiber cloth. Thing is causing static electricity and drawing every spec in the air toward it... :frowning2:

Jul 23, 2017 at 2:53 AM Post #227 of 6,207

I am actually still stuck in balanced head to head but i will try SE tomorrow.

I need a new micro fiber cloth. Thing is causing static electricity and drawing every spec in the air toward it... :frowning2:

I was going to suggest you try some olepholic coating, spray something, i dunno ... i wish i had that stuff available here. And i was going to whisper to you about the love lint has for the X7II screen.

Jul 23, 2017 at 5:24 AM Post #229 of 6,207
I have been a Fiio fan for sometime now, It started with the original X5, sounded great for the price range, but then moved up to the X7. Actually, i think the X7 sound matches close to the X5, but has a wider sound stage and the controls are easier to operate. I feel that one of Fiio's biggest mistakes is concentrating on adding too many features and not utilizing the sound chips to their fullest. I kinda gave up on Fiio's X7 due to dealing with a kinda of buggy player. I always felt like i was the guinea pig for their operating system, seemed like Fiio was always trying to fix the features and not the main player. so, i still have the X7, but now use an A&K 320. What i can say in my case, the AK320 runs smoother, its not buggy, I've had no problems what so ever, and it sounds tons better. what i find interesting, is that the X5III i believe uses the same DAC chips as the AK320, but from the reviews that I have read, the X5III does not come even close so the SQ as the AK320. I just feel that Fiio is not perfecting the basic function of the player and utilizing what hardware they are using before adding a bunch of features. I would be interested to see the comparisons of the AK320 and the new X7II.

Jul 23, 2017 at 6:49 AM Post #231 of 6,207
I have been a Fiio fan for sometime now, It started with the original X5, sounded great for the price range, but then moved up to the X7. Actually, i think the X7 sound matches close to the X5, but has a wider sound stage and the controls are easier to operate. I feel that one of Fiio's biggest mistakes is concentrating on adding too many features and not utilizing the sound chips to their fullest. I kinda gave up on Fiio's X7 due to dealing with a kinda of buggy player. I always felt like i was the guinea pig for their operating system, seemed like Fiio was always trying to fix the features and not the main player. so, i still have the X7, but now use an A&K 320. What i can say in my case, the AK320 runs smoother, its not buggy, I've had no problems what so ever, and it sounds tons better. what i find interesting, is that the X5III i believe uses the same DAC chips as the AK320, but from the reviews that I have read, the X5III does not come even close so the SQ as the AK320. I just feel that Fiio is not perfecting the basic function of the player and utilizing what hardware they are using before adding a bunch of features. I would be interested to see the comparisons of the AK320 and the new X7II.
Don't believe in them reviewers. I did a side by side comparison to an AK380 & X5 3 and it did come close in SQ and it costs a fraction of it's hefty price. Don't just listen to others, just listen to yourself.
You never know what you would like!!!!

Jul 23, 2017 at 7:16 AM Post #232 of 6,207
Don't believe in them reviewers. I did a side by side comparison to an AK380 & X5 3 and it did come close in SQ and it costs a fraction of it's hefty price. Don't just listen to others, just listen to yourself.

With what music? That's really the key: The quality of the music. Unless you primarily listen to excellent recordings (and have a job that makes them relatively inexpensive for you) the super expensive DAPs aren't really worth it IMO.

Jul 23, 2017 at 8:29 AM Post #233 of 6,207

One should always trust his ears, no matter what.

On the other hand, if you like X5-3 better, it can mean that you are into this type of signature.

With what music? That's really the key: The quality of the music. Unless you primarily listen to excellent recordings (and have a job that makes them relatively inexpensive for you) the super expensive DAPs aren't really worth it IMO.

Ultra complex music is a big part of why I got in this hobby in the first place :darthsmile:

Even so, sometimes you'd be amazed how many layers and effects are in a typical pop song. Me love all music with hifi equipment :o2smile:

Jul 23, 2017 at 11:16 AM Post #234 of 6,207
I listen to all kinds of music, my collection is a mix of all and mostly 24bit FLACs. Poor recordings are more bearable on the X5 3 because of it's smooth signature.

To me improvement on X5 3 was not huge, I did not find AK380 worth spending a fortune. However, it sounded very natural, the guitar riffs in Pink Flyod albums sounded more life like where as X5 3 was little laid back. Bass goes very deep too.

Some people may find the little improvement in the SQ worth spending a fortune, some not.
It's the very reason why we are watching this thread closely, right.

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2017 at 11:19 AM Post #235 of 6,207
One should always trust his ears, no matter what.

On the other hand, if you like X5-3 better, it can mean that you are into this type of signature.

Ultra complex music is a big part of why I got in this hobby in the first place :darthsmile:

Even so, sometimes you'd be amazed how many layers and effects are in a typical pop song. Me love all music with hifi equipment :o2smile:
Not particularly, I don't really like the treble extension on the X5 3. To me X7 with AM3 sounded better, that's why I am eagerly waiting for X7 II. So far all about X7 II is all good news, hoping to listen to it soon.

Jul 23, 2017 at 12:09 PM Post #236 of 6,207
Not particularly, I don't really like the treble extension on the X5 3. To me X7 with AM3 sounded better, that's why I am eagerly waiting for X7 II. So far all about X7 II is all good news, hoping to listen to it soon.

I also liked the treble extension and general signature of X7 + AM03 quite a lot, can't wait to hear it myself...

Jul 23, 2017 at 12:22 PM Post #237 of 6,207
Hey does anyone find the Line out of X5-III more clean than SE Output?

Plugging in the A5 AMP, and everything across the board flings up slightly for me.

For sure x7II won't face this issue, as you can change amps!

Jul 23, 2017 at 1:26 PM Post #238 of 6,207

Plugging in the A5 AMP, and everything across the board flings up slightly for me.

Yes, it does to me as line out has better output than SE, better SNR and channel separation.

Jul 23, 2017 at 1:42 PM Post #239 of 6,207

Yes, it does to me as line out has better output than SE, better SNR and channel separation.

If I recall correctly, the original X7 was quite clean and didn't require another AMP above AM03, let's hope that X7ii keeps this tradition and will sound good with its included AMP module.

If anyone has X7 with its AMP module, and the original AM03, it would be lovely to know how the new AM03A compares to AM03

Users who are viewing this thread

Back