FiiO X7 Mk II 2GB RAM + 64GB ROM + ESS9028 PRO + Balanced + DSD + BT 4.1 aptX + Dual mSD + Dual Band WiFi + Opt Out
Jul 22, 2017 at 11:41 AM Post #212 of 6,207
Nice job, Chris.

I like your voice in the video, it is quite soothing :darthsmile:

About X7ii, I am intrigued. Curious about the battery life and screen eligibility outside. Is the screen the same as X5-3?

Thanks.
I tore my shoulder out of the socket on the Jet Ski and am taking pain killers. Seems to calm me down:head_bandage:

The screen seems same to my eyes and to the camera lens. I will do a side by side of boot ups and view angles in my review.

Jul 22, 2017 at 12:02 PM Post #214 of 6,207
If X7 and X5iii had a baby, it would look like...

X7 feels a little naked now since it doesn't have a cool TPU clear case like X7ii and X5iii :wink:
I read all your reviews and I liked them a lot particularly Plenue M & 2. I really enjoy your comparisons, they are very helpful.
I am very interested in this review and its comparisons to other DAPs.

Jul 22, 2017 at 1:45 PM Post #215 of 6,207
Chris the velvet voiced bad boy :ksc75smile:

Jul 22, 2017 at 4:25 PM Post #216 of 6,207

Nice...

One good thing about X7 II is its similarity look to X7 original. I think... just hoping... my wife will not notice the swap...

My only fear is if I die, my wife selling my 2nd hand gear for the price I said I paid for it. :triportsad:

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2017 at 7:32 PM Post #217 of 6,207
Nice...

One good thing about X7 II is its similarity look to X7 original. I think... just hoping... my wife will not notice the swap...

My only fear is if I die, my wife selling my 2nd hand gear for the price I said I paid for it. :triportsad:

I thought your fear would be her new boyfriend inheriting all of it? :p

Jul 22, 2017 at 11:56 PM Post #220 of 6,207
20170722_213839[1].jpg

20170723_123032[1].jpg
20170723_122648[1].jpg

Jul 23, 2017 at 12:00 AM Post #222 of 6,207
Great, tempting, clean and blemish free pictures.. am i envious of you right now. Oh and also the velvet voice.. them pain killers doing you good?
On a serious note, Hope you are feeling better?

Jul 23, 2017 at 12:52 AM Post #223 of 6,207
Great, tempting, clean and blemish free pictures.. am i envious of you right now. Oh and also the velvet voice.. them pain killers doing you good?
On a serious note, Hope you are feeling better?

The voice is from the pain killers.

I did a full cartwheel off a water sled turning a corner. just ripped my shoulder right out.
Like brock lesnar pile driving a 6 year old onto the pavement. had a guy pound it back into place.
Guy pounded it back into the socket with hammer fists cuz i asked him too. I bit down on a bandana and screamed like a banshee the pain was just unreal. I broke many bones in my life and other paid stuff but a full dislocated shoulder is pretty close to the limit of passing out. The idea that the X7ii was waiting for me was a savior because i got back home took pills and did a vid after some listening. My voice was mellowed...lol...totally due to meds.

I am going to just enjoy listening and playing with filters and get a feel for this thing. So far my thoughts are musical (fun) and wide (balanced). As a guy who has every set balanced I enjoy it a lot.

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2017 at 12:59 AM Post #224 of 6,207

I did a full cartwheel off a water sled turning a corner. just ripped my shoulder right out.
Like brock lesnar pile driving a 6 year old onto the pavement. had a guy pound it back into place.
Guy pounded it back into the socket with hammer fists cuz i asked him too. I bit down on a bandana and screamed like a banshee the pain was just unreal. I broke many bones in my life and other paid stuff but a full dislocated shoulder is pretty close to the limit of passing out. The idea that the X7ii was waiting for me was a savior because i got back home took pills and did a vid after some listening. My voice was mellowed...lol...totally due to meds.

I am going to just enjoy listening and playing with filters and get a feel for this thing. So far my thoughts are musical (fun) and wide (balanced). As a guy who has every set balanced I enjoy it a lot.
Enjoy the x7ii!

Jul 23, 2017 at 1:05 AM Post #225 of 6,207

Ouch!! Got to be careful mate. Oh man we are proud of you for biting on that bandana and getting back in shape. I am glad the X7II was an incentive. Time you over work your ears and rest your shoulders. From your first impressions they sure do sound good. Also do a SE comparison between the X5III and the X7II if you can spare the time please.

P.s - I wasn't really making fun of the voice. I was more concentrated on the content of what you were saying rather than the lower mids and higher mids with a dash of mellow timbre in your voice.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back