FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Oct 30, 2017 at 7:41 PM Post #17,641 of 18,020
I've installed the fidelizar firmware yesterday. I didn't realize any changes in sound. No lag too. I read at the development site that they sell 2 firmwares that include many improvements. I've been using the free version, tough.
Is this legal to sell mod X7 firmware? @FiiO

Oct 31, 2017 at 8:52 AM Post #17,645 of 18,020
But they have 2 firmware models that are monetized. It's not the same as the free version
Then it is something I was not aware of, my mistake. But I would guess they have some kind of agreement with Fiio to reproduce their SW in somewhat improved way.

Oct 31, 2017 at 3:39 PM Post #17,646 of 18,020
We had this conversation before, and it is legal :darthsmile:

FiiO actually supports the development of third party firmware vendors, it helps them refine the whole device better, AFAIK
I like the openness of FiiO!

Nov 8, 2017 at 5:19 AM Post #17,649 of 18,020
The X7 official firmware FW3.3.3 is now available: Click here.

The following changes and improvements have been made to the FW3.3.3 compared to the FW3.3.2:

1. Enabled the independent upgrade of FiiO Music app (From now on, we will upgrade FiiO Music app independently);
2. Improved the jitter issue when fast forward/rewind or play/pause music;
3. Fixed issue where some tracks might not be played properly;
4. Fixed issue where the playback would not restart form the begging when pressing the Previous button after playing the first track in a CUE sheet for more than 10 seconds;
5. Fixed issue where the default sorting method of a newly created playlist would be Alphabetical order;
6. Fixed issue where the embedded album art of some APE tracks could not be displayed;
7. Miscellaneous bug fixes.

Download link: Click here (Download the firmware 3.3.3 from the "Download" section in the right side of the page)
How to upgrade the X7: Click here
DAC driver: Click here
Instruction of using FiiO Music app: Click here

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Nov 8, 2017 at 10:21 AM Post #17,651 of 18,020
The X7 official firmware FW3.3.3 is now available: Click here.

The following changes and improvements have been made to the FW3.3.3 compared to the FW3.3.2:

1. Enabled the independent upgrade of FiiO Music app (From now on, we will upgrade FiiO Music app independently);
2. Improved the jitter issue when fast forward/rewind or play/pause music;
3. Fixed issue where some tracks might not be played properly;
4. Fixed issue where the playback would not restart form the begging when pressing the Previous button after playing the first track in a CUE sheet for more than 10 seconds;
5. Fixed issue where the default sorting method of a newly created playlist would be Alphabetical order;
6. Fixed issue where the embedded album art of some APE tracks could not be displayed;
7. Miscellaneous bug fixes.

Download link: Click here (Download the firmware 3.3.3 from the "Download" section in the right side of the page)
How to upgrade the X7: Click here
DAC driver: Click here
Instruction of using FiiO Music app: Click here
Not sure if anyone else has updated to this build but I wouldn't if I were you. I did and now the FiiO music app freezes the entire system. I've tried everything and it doesn't matter. It makes the X7 unusable. Now I have to use the desktop app to go back to 3.3.2 and redownload my Tidal offline music. Not a happy camper.

Nov 8, 2017 at 11:25 AM Post #17,652 of 18,020
Works fine here

Nov 8, 2017 at 11:36 AM Post #17,654 of 18,020
I usually do a reset before install - it seems to help avoid any issues. New fw seems pretty stable.

Nov 8, 2017 at 11:41 AM Post #17,655 of 18,020
Found out it has something to do with my micro sd card. When it's installed it freezes the system. 3.3.2 this card is fine. Sorry but I have many DAP's and the only ones I ever have issues with sd cards are fiio.

I had the issue like this with SD too. However, the issue might be easily resolved. Just need to format SD card to FAT32 ignoring card size.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back