FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Sep 18, 2017 at 4:43 AM Post #17,612 of 18,020
I only got my X7 version 1 recently and an Amp3 module, at first I found quite a few issues with the X7 and still the odd quirk occurs. Compared to my Lotoo Paw 5000, I don't really rate the X7 with the Amp3 module but the last few days I went back to the Amp 1 (?) with my Trinity PM6's, well now that is one hell of a pairing, the old adage, I heard things I have never heard before, the sound stage has gone 3 dimensional in a way I have never had before, I thought the Amp3 was supposed to be the bee's knees but I prefer the Amp1 module thank you very much, at least with IEM's! And now the X7 has surpassed the Paw but only just! Still got some listening to do....

Sep 18, 2017 at 5:11 AM Post #17,613 of 18,020
There is nothing in the material reality which is perfect - everything without exception have it's own number of problems, because our reality is under influence of original sin and cosmological drama which was played way before material reality become in existence. So all property which we own, have imperfections - houses, cars, smartphones, lap-tops, mouses, our bodies need to be taken care of and corrected with time. X7 is one small element of the whole system. So it is imperfect and has it is own issue. But the question is how far can we criticize something and how well can we appreciate and be grateful for what we have? Grateful person never feel the lack of something. Fiio is probably the most responsive and attentive to (at least) support of X7. No other device I own has so much care on different levels of its supporting and developing. 3 year player and it is not given up. I cannot think of other device which is supported and updated so much.
I use X7 as transport (connecting it to Alo Rx (iem edition) through LO) and it is wonderful DAP overall. Fiio music is the best digital player I saw, and, basically, bought it because of it. The level of comfort and flexibility in its configuration is just so high, no other player (program) can compete with it. X7 everything what is needed and even more for the audiophile in 2017 and that will be so in years. I cannot even find competitor to it in terms of it's usage overall and its possibility with additional accessories. I can say that I have no problem with it.
p.s: btw, IMHO, tidal (created by masons) and other alike services spread primitive, perverted, shallow, distractive for soul, society, family and personality in general "music". Real treasures, pure, clean, master-piece, heavenly Music cannot be found in such garbage bin.[/QUO

Could not agree more.

Sep 18, 2017 at 9:09 AM Post #17,614 of 18,020
its my job to cook and when i say its good, you better grab your forks , although it wont be perfect it will be a perfect version of itself , it will never be perfect but that is the beauty of it, The dish can always be better no matter what.

Was the x7 a perfect version of itself when it was presented, or even 2 new daps and 3 years later? If they claimed it was good sounding ,some times working, constantly lagging, some what overheating with shot streaming capabilites and 900 dollars then yes i would state that the player is a perfect version of what it intended to be an and would have no complaints after i forked over my 2 weeks pay

I totally agree with your points on the deeper level but as I am spending hard earned plastic Its only fair to expect the exact product they claim it to be

I was nearly goin to buy this dap despite its minor short commings as i see them but the facts are there are 2 newer models out now leaving thousands of x7 customers with a halfbaked and devalued flagship flapping around, and the xii t seem any better even though that is not the point, the point is it just shows the true character
thanks again headfi

Agree!

Sep 18, 2017 at 9:39 AM Post #17,615 of 18,020
I only got my X7 version 1 recently and an Amp3 module, at first I found quite a few issues with the X7 and still the odd quirk occurs. Compared to my Lotoo Paw 5000, I don't really rate the X7 with the Amp3 module but the last few days I went back to the Amp 1 (?) with my Trinity PM6's, well now that is one hell of a pairing, the old adage, I heard things I have never heard before, the sound stage has gone 3 dimensional in a way I have never had before, I thought the Amp3 was supposed to be the bee's knees but I prefer the Amp1 module thank you very much, at least with IEM's! And now the X7 has surpassed the Paw but only just! Still got some listening to do....

Don't suppose you have some jupiters kicking around that you could compare with the fiio, I am in 2 or three minds still about this product

Sep 27, 2017 at 7:40 PM Post #17,617 of 18,020
For those that still use this device and stream Tidal but suffer from the dreaded stuttering issue. A workaround was discovered by a user. Turn crossfade on in the Tidal settings and it will eliminate the stuttering. Why? Who knows but it works. I set it to 1 second.

Maybe now fiio can work on a permanent fix.

Update: It works great with offline content but I'm still experiencing stuttering when streaming.

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2017 at 6:48 PM Post #17,618 of 18,020
For those that still use this device and stream Tidal but suffer from the dreaded stuttering issue. A workaround was discovered by a user. Turn crossfade on in the Tidal settings and it will eliminate the stuttering. Why? Who knows but it works. I set it to 1 second.

Maybe now fiio can work on a permanent fix.

Update: It works great with offline content but I'm still experiencing stuttering when streaming.

Runs upstairs, throws open windows and shouts to the world 'yes at last'! Thank you, I owe you a pint, no make that two! This works. All I ever wanted from the X7 was the ability to download Tidal/Qobuz to the micro SD card and play back. The Android 5 update gave the ability to download to the SD card but then that infernal stuttering started making those streaming services pretty much unusable, or for me at least, intolerable. I alternate between Tidal and Qobuz. The stuttering occurred on both. None of my other Android based devices have had this problem (most running on 1gb RAM) which makes me believe the problem is on the X7 end. Unfortunately Qobuz doesn't have the crossfade option but I'm currently with Tidal and that is now working perfectly with downloads. Fiio if you are still monitoring this thread please look for this to assist in identifying the problem for a fix.

Thank you again.

Sep 28, 2017 at 7:03 PM Post #17,619 of 18,020
Wonder if this because crossfade requires pre-buffering the track, then stuttering less likely to happen?

Oct 6, 2017 at 2:15 PM Post #17,620 of 18,020
Dear friend,

Now we have got some feedback from our users about the issue with the battery indicator. Our engineers have got to learn about that. We are now fixing this issue and have the FW3.3.2(http://x7pack.fiio.net/X7-ota-3.3.2.zip). If you would prefer, please have a try. Sorry for the inconvenience bringing to you.

Best regards

Hello,

I had tried to download but I got error message
<Error>
<Code>AccessDenied</Code>
"); vertical-align: bottom; height: 10px;"><Message>
You have no right to access this object because of bucket acl.
</Message>
<RequestId>59D7C812952383526804BBB3</RequestId>
<HostId>x7pack.oss-cn-shanghai.aliyuncs.com</HostId>
</Error>

Oct 6, 2017 at 2:40 PM Post #17,621 of 18,020
Hello,

<Error>
</Message>
</Error>
I believe their server for firmware packages is down and has been for 12 plus hours. They posted about it on their website.

Oct 7, 2017 at 6:03 AM Post #17,623 of 18,020
Hello,

<Error>
</Message>
</Error>
Due to file server upgrade, the prodcut firmware and drivers cannot be downloaded from our website right now.
And here is the link from Dropbox for FW3.3.2: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/814qj3appotrudv/AADjdmC3K0hk4tP6ZSBPHp_ja/X7 firmware FW3.3.2?dl=0
You can update the firmware via local upgrade. We're sorry for any inconvenience this might bring to you.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Oct 15, 2017 at 4:35 AM Post #17,625 of 18,020
Hello, my fiio x7 recently arrived after testing i found that audio quality via headphone or iem is superb from the linout (since i have volune rockers on the iem and the headphone so the default high volume from lineout is not issue for me) and for my surprise it sounds more superb , transparent with morw body even compared to the am3 and am2. How is that?

And will it be risk to use it on iem or headphones directly(it can damage my headphone even if volume is low using headphone volume rocker??)

Thanks

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back