FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by jamesfiio, Apr 8, 2014.

Tags:
  1. magicalmouse
    Hi, by accident i found that fidelizer (windowsX) has produced modified ROM for fiio x7 and x7ii - i decided to try the x7 version and am surprised by the additional space around instruments/voices and generally more fluid sound and while this might be my imagination as it is impossible to test the new rom against the old fiio version, i am pleased with the change - it also promises slightly better battery life.

2. Cachicamo
    I had a quick listen last night and I have the same experience. Better separation and more space. It might be placebo, but it's worth a try. Thanks for sharing this Magical Mouse!

3. Rostyslav
    Could you share URL, please?

Dobrescu George likes this.
  4. Rostyslav
  5. stilleh
    Please tell us more. Can´t find much to read about the rom. What is included? does Spotify and Tidal work?

6. Cachicamo
    It’s like an alternative firmware as I see it. Spotify and Hiby work, so I guess the other apps will do too.

7. RuFrost
    how to downgrade (from custom ROM) in the case of something is not right?

8. harpo1
    You have to use the desktop upgrade tool.

9. Fred-svv
    Did'nt like the fidelizer firmware? Have you found any new bug? I'd like to test the fidelizer firmware.

10. harpo1
    No it caused my X7 to be super laggy and it would freeze up and only a reboot would fix it. It also wouldn't scan my sd card.

11. Cachicamo
    The only difference I have noticed is a bit longer startup time (with the Fidelizer logo). I'm still very happy with the sound change though. Maybe others can share their experiences?

12. Fred-svv
    I've installed the fidelizar firmware yesterday. I didn't realize any changes in sound. No lag too. I read at the development site that they sell 2 firmwares that include many improvements. I've been using the free version, tough.

13. Rostyslav
    I am not sure if the sound had become better with Fidelizer :) It because I had bought X7 a few weeks ago and flash a few days ago. I just enjoying sound compared to X3.

14. Dobrescu George
    Well, the sound is much better than X3 by default...