FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Oct 23, 2017 at 4:36 AM Post #17,626 of 18,019
Hi, by accident i found that fidelizer (windowsX) has produced modified ROM for fiio x7 and x7ii - i decided to try the x7 version and am surprised by the additional space around instruments/voices and generally more fluid sound and while this might be my imagination as it is impossible to test the new rom against the old fiio version, i am pleased with the change - it also promises slightly better battery life.

Oct 25, 2017 at 3:08 AM Post #17,627 of 18,019
Hi, by accident i found that fidelizer (windowsX) has produced modified ROM for fiio x7 and x7ii - i decided to try the x7 version and am surprised by the additional space around instruments/voices and generally more fluid sound and while this might be my imagination as it is impossible to test the new rom against the old fiio version, i am pleased with the change - it also promises slightly better battery life.

I had a quick listen last night and I have the same experience. Better separation and more space. It might be placebo, but it's worth a try. Thanks for sharing this Magical Mouse!

Oct 26, 2017 at 3:59 AM Post #17,628 of 18,019

Could you share URL, please?

Oct 26, 2017 at 7:57 AM Post #17,631 of 18,019

Please tell us more. Can´t find much to read about the rom. What is included? does Spotify and Tidal work?

Oct 30, 2017 at 8:41 AM Post #17,638 of 18,019
The only difference I have noticed is a bit longer startup time (with the Fidelizer logo). I'm still very happy with the sound change though. Maybe others can share their experiences?

I've installed the fidelizar firmware yesterday. I didn't realize any changes in sound. No lag too. I read at the development site that they sell 2 firmwares that include many improvements. I've been using the free version, tough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back