FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Mar 17, 2017 at 2:19 PM Post #16,966 of 18,019
Could Fiio possibly add a hardware bass boost (similar to the ones found on the Q1 and A5) to the upcoming X7 2nd gen?  

I like the idea of streaming Tidal & Spotify on the X7, but I NEED to be able to implement a bass boost...

Mar 17, 2017 at 8:20 PM Post #16,968 of 18,019

Has anyone had a problem in the USA with interference and the AM3 amp module.

Yep. The X7's own wifi radio sometimes makes a noise through am3, but also I get interference consistently anytime my X7 gets too close to my GS7 Edge.
LO never seems to be affected, but am1, am2 and am3 are. (Can't speak for am5, because I don't own it.)

Looking forward to trying out @erictioh's mod :)

Mar 17, 2017 at 10:11 PM Post #16,970 of 18,019
  Hi, thanks for the new firmware, scannig ok, is it possible to remember the viper settings after reboot? When i turn of my x7, then turn on (or reboot) i must disable and enable viper settings (viper bass, fire equalizer, dynamic system) to make them work, also the dlna does not work from my synology nas... thank you

Dear rusnak666,

Thank you for the feedback. The Viper company is dealing with the issue after reboot.

Best regards 

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Mar 18, 2017 at 3:37 AM Post #16,971 of 18,019
Was typing something up, computer froze, so now I'm gonna condense it.

Lollipop is a nightmare, Rockchip is too obscure. Was re-installing V4A for tutorial purpose and now I can't make it work anymore. Make a Marshmallow update and I will be one happy man. I've never seen Marshmallow on RK3188 devices, so I'm probably $#!* out of luck.

I feel like I've wasted so much effort trying to make it work again, why did I never document the original procedure. Why do I never think these things through!! Urghhhh. Back to Kitkat I go.

Mar 18, 2017 at 3:57 AM Post #16,972 of 18,019
  Was typing something up, computer froze, so now I'm gonna condense it.

Lollipop is a nightmare, Rockchip is too obscure. Was re-installing V4A for tutorial purpose and now I can't make it work anymore. Make a Marshmallow update and I will be one happy man. I've never seen Marshmallow on RK3188 devices, so I'm probably $#!* out of luck.

I feel like I've wasted so much effort trying to make it work again, why did I never document the original procedure. Why do I never think these things through!! Urghhhh. Back to Kitkat I go.

yes u made so much effort to help us but it does not work

Mar 18, 2017 at 6:02 AM Post #16,974 of 18,019
It actually worked for me before though. The only reason I restored everything to default is to help people like you.
Now it doesn't work and I can't fix it.
Bah. /cries/

Rebecca Rebecca ... you restless soul...

:wink:

Mar 18, 2017 at 6:14 AM Post #16,975 of 18,019

It actually worked for me before though. The only reason I restored everything to default is to help people like you.
Now it doesn't work and I can't fix it.
Bah. /cries/

well soon u will remember that missing link :)

Mar 18, 2017 at 6:15 AM Post #16,976 of 18,019

How did you go about dissembling the AM3?

thats the most tedious job. you need to heat up the module to 70-80 degree by heater then top plate will be removed. don force open the black plastic part because it has some bolt inside

If it's anything like the AM1 case, then the front plate is glued on a black plastic inner casing.
you'll need to get the front plate off, then unscrew the inner black case.

Mar 18, 2017 at 8:58 AM Post #16,977 of 18,019
PRODUCT = X7
SDK_INT = 22
versionName = FiiO Music V3.1.5
versionCode = 11
MODEL = X7
java.lang.RuntimeException: Error receiving broadcast Intent { act=com.fiio.music.player.brocast flg=0x10 (has extras) } in com.fiio.music.activity.PlayerMainActivity$MediaPlayerBroadcastReceiver@146e8452
at android.app.LoadedApk$ReceiverDispatcher$Args.run(LoadedApk.java:876)
at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java:739)
at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:95)
at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:135)
at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:5258)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:372)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:940)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:735)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke interface method 'int java.lang.CharSequence.length()' on a null object reference
at java.util.regex.Matcher.reset(Matcher.java:177)
at java.util.regex.Matcher.<init>(Matcher.java:90)
at java.util.regex.Pattern.matcher(Pattern.java:297)
at com.fiio.music.network.util.StringUtil.StringFilter(StringUtil.java:16)
at com.fiio.music.activity.PlayerMainActivity.loadLyric(PlayerMainActivity.java:2444)
at com.fiio.music.activity.PlayerMainActivity$MediaPlayerBroadcastReceiver.onReceive(PlayerMainActivity.java:877)
at android.app.LoadedApk$ReceiverDispatcher$Args.run(LoadedApk.java:866)
... 8 more

PRODUCT = X7
SDK_INT = 22
versionName = FiiO Music V3.1.5
versionCode = 11
MODEL = X7
java.lang.RuntimeException: Error receiving broadcast Intent { act=com.fiio.music.player.brocast flg=0x10 (has extras) } in com.fiio.music.activity.PlayerMainActivity$MediaPlayerBroadcastReceiver@2504937b
at android.app.LoadedApk$ReceiverDispatcher$Args.run(LoadedApk.java:876)
at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java:739)
at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:95)
at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:135)
at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:5258)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:372)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:940)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:735)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke interface method 'int java.lang.CharSequence.length()' on a null object reference
at java.util.regex.Matcher.reset(Matcher.java:177)
at java.util.regex.Matcher.<init>(Matcher.java:90)
at java.util.regex.Pattern.matcher(Pattern.java:297)
at com.fiio.music.network.util.StringUtil.StringFilter(StringUtil.java:16)
at com.fiio.music.activity.PlayerMainActivity.loadLyric(PlayerMainActivity.java:2432)
at com.fiio.music.activity.PlayerMainActivity$MediaPlayerBroadcastReceiver.onReceive(PlayerMainActivity.java:866)
at android.app.LoadedApk$ReceiverDispatcher$Args.run(LoadedApk.java:866)
... 8 more

@FiiO please check the attached FiiO Music app crash logs

Mar 18, 2017 at 11:14 AM Post #16,979 of 18,019
Hi everybody,

Just a quick question. Would the AM0 amp allow me to run USB from my X7 to my Mojo? Seems like a cheaper way to reduce the X7 footprint for transport purposes. I'm assuming it would need to be OTG. I'd like to compare the X7 with Mojo transport against the X7 with the AM3, which I love.

Thanks for your help.

Mar 18, 2017 at 5:25 PM Post #16,980 of 18,019
My first correct scanning since firmware 2.0. Now scanning all songs. First time not returning back fo FW 2.0 and sticking and trying FW 3.1.x.

Also international characters seems to be fixed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back