FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Feb 21, 2016 at 3:40 PM Post #9,782 of 18,020
For sure. Still waste of DAP DAC.
Probably better as well to use the AK100, optical out and nice fit with mojo.

Yes and no. If the DAP provides solid library features and say a good screen, as a portable solution it be enough for some. I take it that many people love the DAC section in the Mojo so while not using the DAC in the DAP, they I guess feel the loss is justified.

Feb 21, 2016 at 3:58 PM Post #9,783 of 18,020
Yes and no. If the DAP provides solid library features and say a good screen, as a portable solution it be enough for some. I take it that many people love the DAC section in the Mojo so while not using the DAC in the DAP, they I guess feel the loss is justified.

If only Chord would do a DAP!
The AK100 allows 2 microsd slots so it does work well with Mojo. Most other DAPs are a little big to stack well with MOno.

Feb 21, 2016 at 4:12 PM Post #9,785 of 18,020
If only Chord would do a DAP!
The AK100 allows 2 microsd slots so it does work well with Mojo. Most other DAPs are a little big to stack well with MOno.

Given how hard it can be to actually make a good DAP (just ask FiiO) I would be shocked if Chord are willing to go down that path. They just might, you never know right? Still, I think the best move they could is make sure that it is really easy to use various outputs from DAPs into their DAC/Amps.

Feb 21, 2016 at 4:26 PM Post #9,786 of 18,020
I am yet to test Chord Mojo in Romania, but I always thought that it would be very different from X7. For you, it was very similar (the general signature)?

What specifically about those amps is not up to the quality of the X7? If you were to only look at the amplification section of the Mojo, ignore the DAC, how different are the amplifiers you mentioned?

But using the Mojo with the X7 would be a waste of the DAC in the DAP. I need to wait until the new modules are out and see how they compare with my external amps.
I use better amps than the E12 and C5.
Sound wise the X7 has a warmer sound and wider soundstage than the Mojo. The Mojo is more analytical and possibly more accurate but less enjoyable.

The Mojo cannot be separate as a dac or amp second, so I am only commenting on the Mojo vs the x7 separately. For my ears, I am really impressed how much the x7 and Mojo sound alike. I do not hear the x7 as warmer than the Mojo, at least it is not obvious enough for me to pick up. They both seem very close to balanced and natural to me, nothing emphasized on either for me. The x7 has a bigger soundstage, the Mojo is a little more dynamic to me. I would say they both have an equal level of resolution and extension with detail on either end. Honestly, the soundstage is what stick out to me as the only significant difference, and the Mojo soundstage is just fine for me, the x7 is like a bonus that way. The Mojo is a bit easier to engage with atower levels, which is why I think it has better dynamic range.

I use the x7 for iems on the go, we then hook it up to the Mojo at home for my planars. I am very happy with this setup. Can't go wrong with either unit imo.

Edit: forgot to add that I find the e12 and c5 amps to have less resolution and a bit of colour added to the music (warmth added with e12, brightness with c5) . They just are not as detailed to me. Ymmv of course, maybe I am just justifying my own purchases subconsciously lol..

Feb 21, 2016 at 5:09 PM Post #9,787 of 18,020
The Mojo cannot be separate as a dac or amp second, so I am only commenting on the Mojo vs the x7 separately. For my ears, I am really impressed how much the x7 and Mojo sound alike. I do not hear the x7 as warmer than the Mojo, at least it is not obvious enough for me to pick up. They both seem very close to balanced and natural to me, nothing emphasized on either for me. The x7 has a bigger soundstage, the Mojo is a little more dynamic to me. I would say they both have an equal level of resolution and extension with detail on either end. Honestly, the soundstage is what stick out to me as the only significant difference, and the Mojo soundstage is just fine for me, the x7 is like a bonus that way. The Mojo is a bit easier to engage with atower levels, which is why I think it has better dynamic range.

I use the x7 for iems on the go, we then hook it up to the Mojo at home for my planars. I am very happy with this setup. Can't go wrong with either unit imo.

Edit: forgot to add that I find the e12 and c5 amps to have less resolution and a bit of colour added to the music (warmth added with e12, brightness with c5) . They just are not as detailed to me. Ymmv of course, maybe I am just justifying my own purchases subconsciously lol..

Agree.

:beerchug:

Feb 22, 2016 at 5:11 AM Post #9,792 of 18,020
Hi Guys,

Has anyone found a way to completely replace the 'Launcher 3' with another.. say Nova?  If i set Nova as default, everything is fine, until i restart the device, it starts up with the default launcher of Launcher 3 again and i have to go about setting Nova as default again - it's getting quite frustrating.

Cheers
Paul

Feb 22, 2016 at 6:12 AM Post #9,793 of 18,020
Hi Guys,

Has anyone found a way to completely replace the 'Launcher 3' with another.. say Nova?  If i set Nova as default, everything is fine, until i restart the device, it starts up with the default launcher of Launcher 3 again and i have to go about setting Nova as default again - it's getting quite frustrating.

Cheers
Paul

I thought it was just me but now i'd like to know too. I'll see if the internet can help us.

Feb 22, 2016 at 7:32 AM Post #9,795 of 18,020
  Hi Guys,

Cheers
Paul

I'm really wondering this too. And scrobbling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back