FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Feb 20, 2016 at 3:59 AM Post #9,752 of 18,020

Eh - What card are you using? Pc or Mac?

There are some of us having problems - trying to get Fiio on board with some specifics.
I'm using a Mac and  Sandisk Ultra is buggy.

have you tried formatting the card in the X7?

go to settings > storage  and make sure you select the correct storage unit.

my own 200gb card was formatted in my x5.

Feb 20, 2016 at 5:22 AM Post #9,753 of 18,020
Purely out of interest, has anyone found an amp that (physically) stacks nicely with the X7?

I'm looking at the Sony PHA2 - only because the size seems like it will stack well..

FiiO X7: 64mm x 16mm x 130mm

PHA 2 : 68mm x 29mm x 140mm

Although, I don't think the PHA 2 has a coax input, so it would likely be a 3.5 to 3.5 connection. No biggie. 

Also have never auditioned the sound from the PHA 2.

EDIT: Also, the Oppo HA2 is pretty close as well, and would look awesome. 

The Neco Soundlab v4 is a chunky thing so actually stacks very well with X7 and sounds superb.
Plus you can select improvements from basic model.

Feb 20, 2016 at 5:39 AM Post #9,755 of 18,020

Eh - What card are you using? Pc or Mac?

There are some of us having problems - trying to get Fiio on board with some specifics.
I'm using a Mac and  Sandisk Ultra is buggy.

Well, PC. But it was formatted in my X7. All sources are PC, though.

Regarding my trouble-free use of a SanDisk 200GB card, and at the risk of alienating the Audiophiles here, I think I should point out that my music files are in the simplest, most hassle-free format I can manage easily and still get a most satisfactory result for my music listening pleasure. It may also explain why I have NO problems with my X7. KISS!

ALL of my music files are the same: WMA Lossless. There, I said it.

145.26 GB / 7695 Songs (Tracks)

12 Folders which I've designated as Genres.

Ripped at 470-940 kbps (mostly in the 600-800 kbps range)

Playback on X7 is at 1152 kbps / 44Khz

All are ripped from commercial and homemade CD's with no tagging issues (Stamp ID3  Tag Editor). Album art and track info supplied automatically from Windows Media Player sources and never a glitch when transferring files. (I haven't been concerned with lyrics.)

This is all I need for what I consider ideal listening. 75% of the time it's via Bluetooth on high end Bluetooth headphones. (M&D, Sennheiser, B&W, B&O, Harmon Kardon, Denon, Philips, Audio Technica, Definitive Technology, Plantronics. Coming soon: XTZ Headphone Devine)

My point being...I think the simplicity, consistency and lack of complications (and some might say lack of imagination) explains why I have had such good luck with my FiiO X7 and consider it to be the best fit for me. Your Mileage May Vary.

Feb 20, 2016 at 8:17 AM Post #9,759 of 18,020

Coming soon: XTZ Headphone Devine)

Good chance you are going to love the Divine. It is position sensitive so play around. The good news is that once you find the right spot it stays in place well. If you download the Android app (XTZ DSP) be aware that it doesn't support ALAC (I see that won't matter to you) and I would e-mail them at XTZ to make sure it supports WMA. It probably does, but worth finding out. I had to convert my collection to FLAC. When it comes to the settings you can use via the app I found Boost 1 with -4.5 to -5db of gain nice. Remember it is only a 40mm driver so while the bass response is solid too much bass thrown at it can result in distortion as I found out while testing.

Feb 20, 2016 at 8:44 AM Post #9,760 of 18,020
How and where are you setting a power off timer and how is it not being observed?

Is it via Android settings->Powertimer->Idle poweroff?

Is this problem only when the X7 is plugged in or also when it's on battery power?

I'm also having Idle power off. In both Pure and Android modes the Idle Power Off action seems to be random, I have it set to 10 mins and the system either shuts down while it is playing or fails to shut down when it is is idle.. The X7 is connected by coax to a Chord Hugo but neither are connected to power.

Feb 20, 2016 at 11:01 AM Post #9,762 of 18,020

It may also explain why I have NO problems with my X7. 

I take that back--maybe just a little bit.

The problem with the pause button not UN-pausing when the display screen is off extends to BT Headphones, too. When you use the pause button on the headphone, it won't un-pause if the screen has been off for awhile--until you turn the screen back on. (Same with BT Headphones that pause automatically when you remove them from your head.)

Another complaint I have is the the lack of TIME REMAINING indicators.

And there's no indication of the total time of an album.

For individual tracks you can make a wild guess according to the blue band moving across the screen as to how much time is remaining, or go to the Track Info screen and get the total length of a track, then go back to Now Playing and subtract the elapsed time and...(If I'm missing something, please let me know.

I'd like to see time elapsed at the left end of the blue band and time remaining at the right end. OR, tap on the time digits in the middle and have it toggle between ascending or descending time. It seems like a fairly common thing to have. Us busy lazy bums have to be able to manage our time more efficiently.
blink.gif

Feb 20, 2016 at 11:13 AM Post #9,764 of 18,020

I take that back--maybe just a little bit.

The problem with the pause button not UN-pausing when the display screen is off extends to BT Headphones, too. When you use the pause button on the headphone, it won't un-pause if the screen has been off for awhile--until you turn the screen back on. (Same with BT Headphones that pause automatically when you remove them from your head.)

Another complaint I have is the the lack of TIME REMAINING indicators.

And there's no indication of the total time of an album.

For individual tracks you can make a wild guess according to the blue band moving across the screen as to how much time is remaining, or go to the Track Info screen and get the total length of a track, then go back to Now Playing and subtract the elapsed time and...(If I'm missing something, please let me know.

I'd like to see time elapsed at the left end of the blue band and time remaining at the right end. OR, tap on the time digits in the middle and have it toggle between ascending or descending time. It seems like a fairly common thing to have. Us busy lazy bums have to be able to manage our time more efficiently.
blink.gif

YES YES YES - the lack of total time on a track is very missed!!!
I'm also having Idle power off. In both Pure and Android modes the Idle Power Off action seems to be random, I have it set to 10 mins and the system either shuts down while it is playing or fails to shut down when it is is idle.. The X7 is connected by coax to a Chord Hugo but neither are connected to power.

I am having the same problem.

Is someone compiling a list of software issues for fiio to fix in firmware updates?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back