FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Feb 20, 2016 at 11:36 AM Post #9,766 of 18,020
Another bug I am encountering.

Playing tidal streaming (wifi on). Have closed the fiio music app, turned on screen. Turn screen back on, it show album cover in tidal (album covers for fiio app are just not showing), music is playing but I get the fiio app overlayed on on top with a play symbol. I hit play, tidal stops ad fiio app start playing. I hit pause fiio app stops playing, tidal app continues to play. If I use the physical play/pause button (still in the lock screen) it will play and pause the tidal app, even though the fiio app is still overlayed on the tidal art and the play button is visible.

Force the fiio app to stop, tried again and same problem. Even though fiio app is forced stop it pops up on the lock screen on top of the currently playing tidal with a play symbol.

Edit: This is using coax out to mojo, seems to work fine with ho out.

Feb 20, 2016 at 12:32 PM Post #9,767 of 18,020
  have you tried formatting the card in the X7?

go to settings > storage  and make sure you select the correct storage unit.

my own 200gb card was formatted in my x5.

Well to be sure I did use the Fiio - to erase and it and naturally  it re formatted to Fat32

Are you using PC?

I am starting to think this is Mac related 

If anyone is using a 200 gb with success, with a Mac, please chime in!

Feb 20, 2016 at 1:02 PM Post #9,768 of 18,020
Well to be sure I did use the Fiio - to erase and it and naturally  it re formatted to Fat32

Are you using PC?

I am starting to think this is Mac related 

If anyone is using a 200 gb with success, with a Mac, please chime in!

I'm using GNU/Linux

OS X also creates index files, so that may be the issue.

Feb 20, 2016 at 6:37 PM Post #9,770 of 18,020

Looks fantastic, thank you.

Love the pink btw! 

That is fuschia, not pink.
wink.gif

Feb 21, 2016 at 7:54 AM Post #9,772 of 18,020
i really wonder if half the amps and DACs that get connected don't actually degrade the quality of the X7's sound. i think the soundstage is better when using the AM1 than it is using my E12DIY for instance. (i haven't tried to switch opamps and buffers to really test this. might do that later)

Feb 21, 2016 at 9:24 AM Post #9,773 of 18,020
i really wonder if half the amps and DACs that get connected don't actually degrade the quality of the X7's sound. i think the soundstage is better when using the AM1 than it is using my E12DIY for instance. (i haven't tried to switch opamps and buffers to really test this. might do that later)

I think once the other amp modules are out the situation may change. But until then I need line out to a portable amp for my Hifiman 1000.
Also I also use line out via K5 to desktop amp as well.

Feb 21, 2016 at 9:50 AM Post #9,774 of 18,020
I've been pondering about what exactly the I/O of the 11 port micro usb may be and i think I may have found the answer:

(The order of these I can not tell, without taking a multimeter to the device)
5 pin micro usb:
Ground
Ground(-5v)
Tx
Rx
+5v

6 FiiO pins:
Ground L
Ground R
Signal L
Signal R
Ground (power)
Power (power)

This basically means that it's possible to create a module with just a connector, amplification circuit, and USB passthrough the hardest thing is finding an 11 pin micro usb probably.

Time to get a breadboard and some knowledge.

Please be aware that this is all guesswork at this point, although deducted from known information (a module with balanced output, K5 has balanced output)

Feb 21, 2016 at 12:37 PM Post #9,775 of 18,020
Feb 21, 2016 at 1:49 PM Post #9,776 of 18,020
I think once the other amp modules are out the situation may change. But until then I need line out to a portable amp for my Hifiman 1000.
Also I also use line out via K5 to desktop amp as well.

It's more money, but the Mojo is an amazing pairing for my he560s. I use the x7 as transport, coax to Mojo. The Mojo and x7 have equal quality sound imo, just subtle differences. I don't think amps like the e12 or c5 are up to the same quality of the x7 so I think you are degrading the quality of your x7 signal using an e12 variant.

Feb 21, 2016 at 2:44 PM Post #9,777 of 18,020
It's more money, but the Mojo is an amazing pairing for my he560s. I use the x7 as transport, coax to Mojo. The Mojo and x7 have equal quality sound imo, just subtle differences. I don't think amps like the e12 or c5 are up to the same quality of the x7 so I think you are degrading the quality of your x7 signal using an e12 variant.

I am yet to test Chord Mojo in Romania, but I always thought that it would be very different from X7. For you, it was very similar (the general signature)?

Feb 21, 2016 at 2:48 PM Post #9,778 of 18,020
I don't think amps like the e12 or c5 are up to the same quality of the x7 so I think you are degrading the quality of your x7 signal using an e12 variant.

What specifically about those amps is not up to the quality of the X7? If you were to only look at the amplification section of the Mojo, ignore the DAC, how different are the amplifiers you mentioned?

Feb 21, 2016 at 2:57 PM Post #9,779 of 18,020

But using the Mojo with the X7 would be a waste of the DAC in the DAP. I need to wait until the new modules are out and see how they compare with my external amps.
I use better amps than the E12 and C5.
Sound wise the X7 has a warmer sound and wider soundstage than the Mojo. The Mojo is more analytical and possibly more accurate but less enjoyable.

Feb 21, 2016 at 3:19 PM Post #9,780 of 18,020
But using the Mojo with the X7 would be a waste of the DAC in the DAP. I need to wait until the new modules are out and see how they compare with my external amps.
I use better amps than the E12 and C5.
Sound wise the X7 has a warmer sound and wider soundstage than the Mojo. The Mojo is more analytical and possibly more accurate but less enjoyable.

I think some people have been using various DAPs as transports only for the Mojo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back