FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Feb 19, 2016 at 1:50 PM Post #9,736 of 18,020
If I had a dollar for every page this thread went on.

I'd have enough for another X7!

You get it?

Ayyy lmao

We are very lucky with Fiio that they are so willing to involve us daily in the process of working out the x7 bugs. Its makes for a long thread, but a very helpful and fruitful thread.

Feb 19, 2016 at 2:14 PM Post #9,738 of 18,020
i've had my X7 play for about 19 hours straight now, no hiccups. played through a number of artists, end of list, started at the top again. plays Björk as it should, etcetera.

Feb 19, 2016 at 2:50 PM Post #9,741 of 18,020
Can anyone verify/identify some 200 GB cards working without ANY glitches?

I've got a 200 GB Sandisk Ultra with these issues:
1)When I try to disable the screen lock I get a message "Unfortunately settings has stopped"
2)Can no longer uninstall apps unless I do a factory re set
3)Painfully slow startup & random freezes

Feb 19, 2016 at 3:55 PM Post #9,742 of 18,020
  i've had my X7 play for about 19 hours straight now, no hiccups. played through a number of artists, end of list, started at the top again. plays Björk as it should, etcetera.

That amount of time might be a bit much?

I do not tend to stay awake in one go for this much (Thinking of at least 7 hours of sleep, you get at most 17 hours of being awake.). 

Feb 19, 2016 at 4:06 PM Post #9,743 of 18,020

From the battery?

oh no. i'd have to do some serious magic for that
  Step away from the DAP. Maybe it's time for an intervention...

i switched to youtube just now, so it can rest now for a bit ;P
  Can anyone verify/identify some 200 GB cards working without ANY glitches?

I've got a 200 GB Sandisk Ultra with these issues:
1)When I try to disable the screen lock I get a message "Unfortunately settings has stopped"
2)Can no longer uninstall apps unless I do a factory re set
3)Painfully slow startup & random freezes

my sandisk 200gb works just fine. i think your issues come from something else?

That amount of time might be a bit much?

I do not tend to stay awake in one go for this much (Thinking of at least 7 hours of sleep, you get at most 17 hours of being awake.). 

part of this time i had been asleep (i sleep with music on)

Feb 19, 2016 at 6:55 PM Post #9,746 of 18,020
We're flattered by your praise :) So it'd be quite remiss of me not to try to answer your questions. :) Unfortunately I don't know much at the moment...

1. This needs to be fixed one way or another. Either we put this out in the next firmware update, or we put a big asterisk after the VU meter visualization in the ads remarking loud and clear that it's only a planned feature in a coming firmware update :mad:
2. Hmm, what's wrong with pressing the pause button?
3. It appears to be more a question of "if" than "when" at the moment.
4. Back when all the category listings were single level, I'd suggested the ability to freely combine category filters as you suggest. The developers chose to hard-code the artists->albums hierarchy instead, perhaps because the early X players did not have processing power for the freeform suggestion. Now the X7 has come out, with all the processing power one can ask for, but the FiiO Music app appears to have taken some cues from the previous X player UI. I can certainly field your suggestion to the developers now and see if they can do it in the future--but it seems we're still partly in a bugfixing phase. :xf_eek:
5. (insert something like the answer to (1) here...)
6. I'm sure this is possible... :tongue_smile:

And yes--you really should choose the gain of the amp to suit the earphones you're using. Something like the AM2 module, with the same gain but more power backing it, may be regarded as an "IEM+" module, able to drive the same IEMs the AM1 module can drive, but with more power for bigger things. But the high power module, with a high gain, may well be noisier than the AM1 for IEMs. It depends on the final implementation.

:beerchug:
Joe

Thanks for the reply! Great insight as always.
#1. Cool. Looking forward to it.
#2. Yes, agree that you could, but (and I'm being a bit picky here) it would require you to move your fingers away from the screen to stop the music. More seamless would be to able to slide the volume up and down and, using the same motion, tap the screen to mute the music. Which is not the same thematic action as pausing the music with a button (although I get that the end result is similar). I would have gone further to suggest that there is an icon on screen to launch the volume slider, but I appreciate that there is limited screen real estate.
#3. Boo. Why is this?
#4. Yes, would definitely love the functionality if / when possible.
#6. Yes please!

Would the AM2 comfortably drive the Sennheiser hd650?

Feb 19, 2016 at 7:49 PM Post #9,747 of 18,020
Purely out of interest, has anyone found an amp that (physically) stacks nicely with the X7?

I'm looking at the Sony PHA2 - only because the size seems like it will stack well..

FiiO X7: 64mm x 16mm x 130mm

PHA 2 : 68mm x 29mm x 140mm

Although, I don't think the PHA 2 has a coax input, so it would likely be a 3.5 to 3.5 connection. No biggie. 

Also have never auditioned the sound from the PHA 2.

EDIT: Also, the Oppo HA2 is pretty close as well, and would look awesome. 

Feb 19, 2016 at 10:01 PM Post #9,748 of 18,020

Users who are viewing this thread

Back