FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Feb 22, 2016 at 10:25 AM Post #9,796 of 18,020
It's Meenova Dash Micro 2. http://www.meenova.com/st/p/mrg2.html Thanks for its tiny dimensions, I'm using 2 200GB Sandisk at time
smily_headphones1.gif

The first one they made was better. It used less power and was smaller. 

Feb 22, 2016 at 10:27 AM Post #9,797 of 18,020
Hi all,  So I ran across an interesting issue this weekend while testing earphone cables.  One of the things I tested was a small bluetooth remote for changing tracks while I was listening.  I thought this would be useful for when I had my X7 docked in my K5.  When I connected the remote to the X7 I heard a very distinguishable drop in volume.  In real world terms, with my IE800, the volume dropped about 15 points on the volume meter.  meaning that what would normally be around 85 with my IEMs was now requiring a volume of 100.  Now this was with a Bluetooth remote, not bluetooth headphones.

The interesting thing about this to me was that the volume drop persisted even after I turned off the Bluetooth setting on the X7.  The only thing that resolved it was a reboot of the player.  What I think this tells me is that there is a code problem with Bluetooth (Software).  A switch is being toggled somewhere when Bluetooth is enabled, whether the bluetooth device is sound related or not.

Has anyone else run into this?  Anyone want to prognosticate on what this might be?

By the way, the bluetooth remote works great!  I can play/pause/next/last to my heart's content without having to reach across my desk to interact with the X7 physically.

Feb 22, 2016 at 1:27 PM Post #9,798 of 18,020
question: did anybody rooted the X7 and did backup?

if yes and successful, which apps did you use?

asking the question because it is a good feeling as an Android noob (sorry, using i-stuff) if somebody already succeeded.....

and yes, searched all the 654 pages of this thread and did not found sth useful

thx

Feb 22, 2016 at 2:44 PM Post #9,799 of 18,020
  question: did anybody rooted the X7 and did backup?

if yes and successful, which apps did you use?

asking the question because it is a good feeling as an Android noob (sorry, using i-stuff) if somebody already succeeded.....

and yes, searched all the 654 pages of this thread and did not found sth useful

thx

There were some resources on installing Viper4Android, a few pages back, and if I am right, some resources on how to root. 

For what do you want root?

Yep, found the exact post for this (I think)

http://www.head-fi.org/t/713735/fiio-x7-dxd-dsd-384k-64b-ess9018-android-amp-module-design-call-for-3rd-party-amp-module-developers/7530#post_12195296

Feb 22, 2016 at 4:11 PM Post #9,800 of 18,020
hello George,

main reason is to save (and restore) my playlists after factory reset, which seems to be unavoidable in case of some firmware updates. and the playlists are somewhere saved in the depths of the android system. and not accessible w/o rooting.

Feb 22, 2016 at 4:40 PM Post #9,801 of 18,020
  hello George,

main reason is to save (and restore) my playlists after factory reset, which seems to be unavoidable in case of some firmware updates. and the playlists are somewhere saved in the depths of the android system. and not accessible w/o rooting.

i'd suggest using .m3u playlists.

when using "viper4android" and poweramp on top of that, does poweramp utilize the full capacity of the DAC?

Feb 22, 2016 at 4:50 PM Post #9,802 of 18,020
  Why there isn't fastworward with the sides buttons ?

Been wondering the same... Why can't I press & hold the Next button and have it fast-forward instead of skipping?
Pretty annoying when you're trancing in bed at night out but have get up, turn X7 on, unlock it, and stare at the bring screen trying to fast-forward by hand...

Feb 22, 2016 at 5:08 PM Post #9,803 of 18,020
i'd suggest using .m3u playlists.

when using "viper4android" and poweramp on top of that, does poweramp utilize the full capacity of the DAC?

Can anyone advise a technophobic dude how to create and maintain m3u playlists?

Does it require software that sorts the files/folders like audio monkey (I think that was what I saw posted elsewhere).

Feb 23, 2016 at 12:36 AM Post #9,804 of 18,020
GUYS.

Holy ****.

I don't know what I did, but I pressed a button or something in "Android Mode" and it made the player sounds Infinitely times better.

It sounds amazing right now, I don't know what I did but I made it sound better.  I pressed a button and it just...improved.

It sounded like ass before, I just didn't want to bash FiiO.

But after some fiddling, it just...stabilized.

The quality just inverted and it sounds. Surreal.

I am literally freaking out right now.

I don't know what to feel, I don't know why it didn't sound like this in the first place.

I'm almost crying. This is all I've ever wanted.

Has this happened to anyone else? I really need to make sure I'm not being weird or anything like that.

Did it SUDDENLY burn in and sound awesome within the span of three seconds?

Does it have some hidden function to up quality?

I mean, this player IS a mystery box of surprises after all.

Feb 23, 2016 at 12:51 AM Post #9,805 of 18,020
GUYS.

Holy ****.

I don't know what I did, but I pressed a button or something in "Android Mode" and it made the player sounds Infinitely times better.

It sounds amazing right now, I don't know what I did but I made it sound better.  I pressed a button and it just...improved.

I don't know what to feel, I don't know why it didn't sound like this in the first place.

Has this happened to anyone else? I really need to make sure I'm not being weird or anything like that.

First of all, the Gif you posted is exemplary of how you probably feel right now.. Which is awesome!! Lol

Secondly.. Anytime you can minimize the CPU usage, it will make the sound quality noticeably better.. Hence why turning off Wi-Fi among other simple things can cause your sound to seem "Infinitely" better lol..

Feb 23, 2016 at 1:04 AM Post #9,806 of 18,020
GUYS.

Holy ****.

I certainly most agree with this post.

And it's not a placebo effect. It certainly is better in pure music mode.

Feb 23, 2016 at 1:20 AM Post #9,807 of 18,020
So, my assumption and the most possible culprit would be the "Google Play" services.

Soundcloud said I couldn't use it without it, then I installed it and forgot about it.

The SQ suddenly degraded, but I thought my IEM was just dying or something.

This went on for weeks until I got desperate and thought I burned my money.

I removed the filters from my IEM.
That made the treble sharp and exaggeratingly painful, the bass became weaker.

But then I rebooted in Android Mode, then Soundcloud lagged and I hated this player more.

I looked to see what apps I could stop to (hopefully) speed it up, then without thinking about it. I stopped the google services app.

I had the FiiO music app running at the same time, then pressed the "Next" button after shutting the app down, and let me tell ya. It was like taking off a filter.
Literally killing two birds with one stone.

Everything just improved, BTW, it sounded bad in Pure Music Mode as well, until I removed the services.

Now I'm happier than ever.

Feb 23, 2016 at 1:20 AM Post #9,808 of 18,020
  GUYS.

Holy ****.

i'm happy it sounds better now :wink:

Feb 23, 2016 at 1:42 AM Post #9,809 of 18,020
It's Meenova Dash Micro 2. http://www.meenova.com/st/p/mrg2.html Thanks for its tiny dimensions, I'm using 2 200GB Sandisk at time :)

That's pretty nifty! Would be even better if it can read reg SD cards.

Feb 23, 2016 at 1:45 AM Post #9,810 of 18,020

Users who are viewing this thread

Back