FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Sep 2, 2016 at 10:53 PM Post #14,116 of 18,020
Three questions before "adding to cart":

1) Can someone comment on the quality of the LINE OUT? It is a true line out (that bypasses the amp module), right?

2) Is it possible to stream music from DEEZER and send a bit perfect signal to an external dac? Is Deezer available in the Fiio Marketplace?

3) How mature is the UI at this point (update wise)?

Thanks!

1) Yes, it totally bypasses the amp - that's why users can install the AM0 and use the X7 as full tranport.

2) I'm not using Deezer, can't comment on this. I only use Spotify. But what I can comment on is that i don't use FiiO Marketplace but only use Google's

3) Can't fully comment either, just got the X7 maybe 2 months. But i do like the UI. If we were to compare it to AKs UI, i like both of them, both fluid and stable. But in FiiOs' still needs a bit of work - app settings disappear from time to time! But in the way of how i use it, i prefer FiiOs

Sep 3, 2016 at 5:21 AM Post #14,118 of 18,020
i did a factory reset and I decided to root again, but king root does not succeed in rooting the x7

any help please

i tried everything but king root fails to root now

does anyone have the old kingroot app as it seems the new one that get downloaded from their site does not root anymore the fiio x7

Sep 3, 2016 at 6:13 AM Post #14,119 of 18,020
  Three questions before "adding to cart":

1) Can someone comment on the quality of the LINE OUT? It is a true line out (that bypasses the amp module), right?

2) Is it possible to stream music from DEEZER and send a bit perfect signal to an external dac? Is Deezer available in the Fiio Marketplace?

3) How mature is the UI at this point (update wise)?

Thanks!

1: line out is good. DAC used in X7 is a beast.
2: you don't need to use apps available in the FiiO marketplace, you can use google play store/Fdroid/sideload.
3: it works, if it doesn't work there's always a way to work around that or to fix it, being android.

i did a factory reset and I decided to root again, but king root does not succeed in rooting the x7

any help please

i tried everything but king root fails to root now

does anyone have the old kingroot app as it seems the new one that get downloaded from their site does not root anymore the fiio x7

http://forum.xda-developers.com/devdb/project/dl/?id=12586

here you go

Sep 3, 2016 at 7:19 AM Post #14,120 of 18,020

1: line out is good. DAC used in X7 is a beast.
2: you don't need to use apps available in the FiiO marketplace, you can use google play store/Fdroid/sideload.
3: it works, if it doesn't work there's always a way to work around that or to fix it, being android.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/devdb/project/dl/?id=12586

here you go

thanks so so much, I wonder how come the new king root does not root fiio x7, i guess we should have this as a sticky

Sep 3, 2016 at 12:09 PM Post #14,122 of 18,020
  Thats odd...it worked for me

the old version of kingroot worked for me fine, but the one post on their website somehow did not successfully root the x7, which is weird

Sep 3, 2016 at 1:10 PM Post #14,123 of 18,020
i recommend using this version, or older if possible. the newer versions auto-update and iirc add more bloat and stuff you generally don't need or want.

(Fiio, as you sort-of are okay with rooting, could it be possible to disable package signing of bootloader? or add another way to do it within android? i realise this can create a security hole, but at the same time, using this way too slick looking rooting tool, does that too.)

Sep 3, 2016 at 1:15 PM Post #14,124 of 18,020
  i recommend using this version, or older if possible. the newer versions auto-update and iirc add more bloat and stuff you generally don't need or want.

(Fiio, as you sort-of are okay with rooting, could it be possible to disable package signing of bootloader? or add another way to do it within android? i realise this can create a security hole, but at the same time, using this way too slick looking rooting tool, does that too.)

I while back they posted that rooting doesnt void warranty so I assume they dont mind it 

Sep 3, 2016 at 5:26 PM Post #14,125 of 18,020
With the FiiO music player, I can't remember how to turn on gapless. Also, is there anyway to disable the volume decrease then increase when you change headphones? 

Sep 3, 2016 at 5:41 PM Post #14,126 of 18,020
  With the FiiO music player, I can't remember how to turn on gapless. Also, is there anyway to disable the volume decrease then increase when you change headphones? 

​For your first question, when you're at the app's main screen (the one you're in when you first enter the app), tap the gear on the top left. A menu should come up on the left, and under the "Play" section there should be a gapless playback switch.

As for your second question, no unfortunately it isn't possible, as this is a bug that FiiO themselves have said they will try to fix in a future update.

Sep 3, 2016 at 7:09 PM Post #14,127 of 18,020

​For your first question, when you're at the app's main screen (the one you're in when you first enter the app), tap the gear on the top left. A menu should come up on the left, and under the "Play" section there should be a gapless playback switch.

As for your second question, no unfortunately it isn't possible, as this is a bug that FiiO themselves have said they will try to fix in a future update.

Got it. Thanks for the refresher. 

Sep 4, 2016 at 5:21 AM Post #14,128 of 18,020

actually, gapless fails for me in v2.0 as well, and i believe this too was acknowledged by FiiO.

Sep 4, 2016 at 7:39 AM Post #14,129 of 18,020
if I like fiio x7 what other dacs daps should I look into which are cheaper?

Sep 4, 2016 at 9:31 AM Post #14,130 of 18,020
actually, gapless fails for me in v2.0 as well, and i believe this too was acknowledged by FiiO.

Me too, but it seems to be intermittent, which may explain why some of us are having a problem, while others think it's working fine. For example, if you hear a gap transitioning from track A to track B, rewind to the end of track A and try again. Second time around it usually works :) I suspect it's a buffering issue, which may be dependent on the tracks' file sizes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back