FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Sep 5, 2016 at 4:12 AM Post #14,131 of 18,020

​For your first question, when you're at the app's main screen (the one you're in when you first enter the app), tap the gear on the top left. A menu should come up on the left, and under the "Play" section there should be a gapless playback switch.

As for your second question, no unfortunately it isn't possible, as this is a bug that FiiO themselves have said they will try to fix in a future update.

actually, gapless fails for me in v2.0 as well, and i believe this too was acknowledged by FiiO.

Currently the gapless might not work for some lossless formats, and we're still analyzing it.

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Sep 5, 2016 at 7:05 AM Post #14,133 of 18,020
  You need to fix the damn Google Play Services has stopped bug.  It's really starting to make this device a paperweight.  Yes I've tried all the suggested fixes.

this bug is really starting to take it toll on me as its non stop bug 

i tried everything mentioned here and on private message from Fiio 

we need from you guys at Fiio to fix this is, as this bug has been going on for quite some time now

Sep 5, 2016 at 8:49 AM Post #14,134 of 18,020
This is the curse of Android as the OS for a player. Or at least I suspect all of these Gremlins are related to Android integration. I noticed that Sony opted to not use Android for their new DAPs. Pros and cons I'm sure to either approach.

Sep 5, 2016 at 8:51 AM Post #14,135 of 18,020
  this bug is really starting to take it toll on me as its non stop bug 

i tried everything mentioned here and on private message from Fiio 

we need from you guys at Fiio to fix this is, as this bug has been going on for quite some time now

Clearing the cache/factory reset (by holding power+down button) worked for me.

Of course - it means that I am not able to install/use any application from android store..which of course sucks.

Sep 5, 2016 at 11:49 AM Post #14,138 of 18,020
  exactly. Don't understand why FiiO is suggesting this as a solution. Solution would allow us to use apps from the playstore without this error. Their suggestion gets rids of both - error AND apps.

By other words, no solution
blink.gif

September is the month of the new mostly antecipated firmware, acording with some posts from FiiO on their website forums. If we get the new firmware as expected I will ask someone skilled enough to disassemble X7 and make it gold plated to sound even better...

Regards

Sep 5, 2016 at 11:50 AM Post #14,139 of 18,020
  exactly. Don't understand why FiiO is suggesting this as a solution. Solution would allow us to use apps from the playstore without this error. Their suggestion gets rids of both - error AND apps.

Yeah I live with it for now since I bought the X7 mainly for streaming Tidal so I'm not tied to my computer.  Plus I don't like using my phone since the battery drains rapidly when streaming.  This is the problem when they release a product and don't use beta testers.  We the consumers become their beta testers which shouldn't be the case for a $600 DAP IMO.

Sep 6, 2016 at 4:55 AM Post #14,141 of 18,020

Yeah I live with it for now since I bought the X7 mainly for streaming Tidal so I'm not tied to my computer.  Plus I don't like using my phone since the battery drains rapidly when streaming.  This is the problem when they release a product and don't use beta testers.  We the consumers become their beta testers which shouldn't be the case for a $600 DAP IMO.

I don't know it's just me but the only bug free DAP i've tried is the iPod............Questyle, Fiio, A&K, Lotoo, it doesn't matter.....the more you pay the more critical the bugs.

Sep 6, 2016 at 5:28 AM Post #14,142 of 18,020
  My (new) X7 freezes when I boot it and then reboots automatically and everything is fine. It's weird, has anyone experienced this and is there a solution? I'll probably have to clear the cache
bigsmile_face.gif

Thanks!

I (and others) had that problem when I erased my 200gb card on X7, aparentely due to the format of file system (FAT32).
Try ejecting your card and format it in PC windows using ExFat format ... I'm pretty confident you'll see the problem solved.

Regards

Sep 6, 2016 at 5:44 AM Post #14,143 of 18,020

I (and others) had that problem when I erased my 200gb card on X7, aparentely due to the format of file system (FAT32).
Try ejecting your card and format it in PC windows using ExFat format ... I'm pretty confident you'll see the problem solved.

Regards

Thanks Paulo (obrigado
normal_smile .gif
), I'm gonna give it a try at home tonight. I think it's the 200gb card indeed.

Sep 6, 2016 at 5:45 AM Post #14,144 of 18,020
I don't know it's just me but the only bug free DAP i've tried is the iPod............Questyle, Fiio, A&K, Lotoo, it doesn't matter.....the more you pay the more critical the bugs.

I guess those TOTL DAPs (including X7) take so much time to design and build that when ETA approaches the comercial Depts. tend to press "a bit too much" for things to happen, and they happen indeed before time....at the cost of stability and sometimes compromising what was (well) done before. I'm not referring specifically to any brand.

My 2 cents

Sep 6, 2016 at 5:48 AM Post #14,145 of 18,020

Thanks Paulo (obrigado
normal_smile%20.gif
), I'm gonna give it a try at home tonight. I think it's the 200gb card indeed.

dank u wel !

Regards

Users who are viewing this thread

Back