FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Sep 6, 2016 at 6:12 AM Post #14,146 of 18,020

I guess those TOTL DAPs (including X7) take so much time to design and build that when ETA approaches the comercial Depts. tend to press "a bit too much" for things to happen, and they happen indeed before time....at the cost of stability and sometimes compromising what was (well) done before. I'm not referring specifically to any brand.

My 2 cents

Also it seems once they've nailed the sound quality everything else falls by the wayside..........just look at any other DAP's thread and they're all absolutely littered with annoying bugs.

Fiio I actually think is way better than the others as far as functionality

Sep 6, 2016 at 7:35 AM Post #14,147 of 18,020
I'm planning on ordering the AM3 module for use with my Angie II universals, however I do have two slight concerns about it. I'm sure there are other members using the same combination, so I'd like to hear experiences from other users before purchasing.

Seeing that the Angie II is a sensitive IEM, I'm worried that it may hiss when combined with the AM3 using the balanced cable. Has anybody had hiss when using this combination?

Since the AM3 is a powerful amplifier module for a portable player, how much usable volume range will I have left when running the Angie II in balanced mode? For reference, using AM1 I tend to listen to the Angie II on about 20 - 35 volume, which is quite a low volume already.

Sep 6, 2016 at 9:46 AM Post #14,148 of 18,020
  I'm planning on ordering the AM3 module for use with my Angie II universals, however I do have two slight concerns about it. I'm sure there are other members using the same combination, so I'd like to hear experiences from other users before purchasing.

Seeing that the Angie II is a sensitive IEM, I'm worried that it may hiss when combined with the AM3 using the balanced cable. Has anybody had hiss when using this combination?

Since the AM3 is a powerful amplifier module for a portable player, how much usable volume range will I have left when running the Angie II in balanced mode? For reference, using AM1 I tend to listen to the Angie II on about 20 - 35 volume, which is quite a low volume already.

Hi,

The only hiss I hear is the one from the recordings background, it goes from virtually black to some audible hiss in a few tracks, which I would agree AM3 doesn't forgive much...

I got X7 with AM1, then AM2 and finally AM3 - IMHO, Angie II is a fantastic match to X7 with AM3 balanced, dynamics, layering, its all there. Take in consideration I'm no more a 20 year old boy (51
cool.gif
), if I want it to play reasonably loud I have to dial X7 volume do 45-50 with AM3 (low gain), 55-60 with AM1. I would say you'll have a damned pretty good range of volume with AM3 but then where is the problem? I might be afraid of not having volume on my AMP, not of having in excess... with Angie II you're confortable.

[Edit] Just noticed its your 1st post, welcome!

Regards

Sep 6, 2016 at 12:04 PM Post #14,150 of 18,020
  Amen to that! 

because only apple seems to care about user experience.

after working with corebooted/librebooted thinkpads (f*k you lenovo)+linux i start to consider to get new macbook (hello, apple) just because it will save me some time and everything will be (kind of) bug-less. atleast at the cover and won't be noticeable to users until they dig in to the core.

Sep 6, 2016 at 12:36 PM Post #14,152 of 18,020
because only apple seems to care about user experience.

after working with corebooted/librebooted thinkpads (f*k you lenovo)+linux i start to consider to get new macbook (hello, apple) just because it will save me some time and everything will be (kind of) bug-less. atleast at the cover and won't be noticeable to users until they dig in to the core.

20160818 release of libreboot fixed a lot of things for me :wink:

Anyway, the reason apple seems to be bugfree is because they have been doing this simce the 70's, and have a lot of users.

regarding the 200gb micro-sd double-boot issue, for some reason i don't have that issue?

Sep 6, 2016 at 12:38 PM Post #14,153 of 18,020
regarding the 200gb micro-sd double-boot issue, for some reason i don't have that issue?

Maybe its already as ExFAT? It was only after "erasing" on X7 that I got the problem.

Regards

Sep 6, 2016 at 2:33 PM Post #14,154 of 18,020
Maybe its already as ExFAT? It was only after "erasing" on X7 that I got the problem.

Regards

Mine hasn't been formatted since i did so in my X5 (1st gen)

Sep 6, 2016 at 5:47 PM Post #14,155 of 18,020
this is how i got rid of the annoying google services error message

i downloaded the firmware from fiio site then i installed it using the update app

then i did factory reset twice with deleting everything from setting in android

then i went to recovery did 3 times factory reset, 3 times clear cache

then downloaded all apps i needed, rooted it 

so far so good

Sep 7, 2016 at 2:43 AM Post #14,157 of 18,020
this is how i got rid of the annoying google services error message

i downloaded the firmware from fiio site then i installed it using the update app

then i did factory reset twice with deleting everything from setting in android

then i went to recovery did 3 times factory reset, 3 times clear cache

then downloaded all apps i needed, rooted it 

so far so good

That seems enormously excessive o_0

Can anyone tell me if there are any killer apps for the X7? I have Poweramp now. What am I missing?

Thanks!

What do you mean exactly with "killer apps"?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back