FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Jun 26, 2016 at 6:39 AM Post #12,664 of 18,020
  i have trolling??   man, waiting for 6 month of new FW... where is trolling here? your X7 works correctly?

It's understandable, but think about how hard it actually is to create the firmware. Writing software that interacts with the hardware at low level (directly) is one of the hardest things to do. This is not a reason to not do it, but to do it perfectly, it can take time. 

X5ii's firmware was made much better recently, and I enjoyed X5ii before the final version and after.

Try to enjoy it now before it's ready, and then, when it's ready.

Jun 26, 2016 at 6:41 AM Post #12,665 of 18,020

MacPilot can do that. 

If you know how to use the terminal, this works as well, if you change NAMEOFDRIVE to the one that appears on the desktop when the card is mounted. Don't screw up this command though, as it deletes things.

Thank you!

Those commands should be kept somewhere easy to see for Fiio DAP users, or rather for any company's DAP users as the problem has been observed with many non apple products. 

(I wonder if it would be complicated to make an app that erases those things automatically after an Android DAP was disconnected from a mac PC)

Jun 26, 2016 at 7:49 AM Post #12,667 of 18,020

MacPilot can do that. 

If you know how to use the terminal, this works as well, if you change NAMEOFDRIVE to the one that appears on the desktop when the card is mounted. Don't screw up this command though, as it deletes things.

Thank you!

Those commands should be kept somewhere easy to see for Fiio DAP users, or rather for any company's DAP users as the problem has been observed with many non apple products. 

(I wonder if it would be complicated to make an app that erases those things automatically after an Android DAP was disconnected from a mac PC)

MacPilot might possibly have a setting for the system that prevents those files being written to FAT-formatted drives or somesuch. 

Jun 26, 2016 at 12:12 PM Post #12,669 of 18,020

MacPilot might possibly have a setting for the system that prevents those files being written to FAT-formatted drives or somesuch. 

Amos, since you are also a mac user I thought I might ask you this question. Seem the only way to avoid audio lag is to run the X7 in 24/196 all the time in dac mode. In the midi options its locked to 24 bit anyway, and I used to run in in 44.1 - but that induces the lag. So my question is, by keeping it at an up sampled rate, will it have a negative effect on audio quality? 

Jun 26, 2016 at 12:26 PM Post #12,670 of 18,020

OMG IT WORKED. How did I not know this before?

this should be added somewhere. i didn't know either.
Now to see how i can force my GNU/Linux machine to do that...

Jun 26, 2016 at 1:14 PM Post #12,672 of 18,020
Sadly, Fiio seems to have stopped producing the AM1. I can´t see it anywhere on the Fiio website.
After I´ve lived with the AM2 for a while, I´ve returned to the AM1 because of it´s liveliness and sheer musicality. In comparison, I´ve found the sound of the AM2 too slow and boring.  I guess, the AM2a will likely be a compromise between the naturalness and flow of the AM1 and the meaty sound of the AM2.

Jun 26, 2016 at 3:45 PM Post #12,673 of 18,020
  Sadly, Fiio seems to have stopped producing the AM1. I can´t see it anywhere on the Fiio website.
After I´ve lived with the AM2 for a while, I´ve returned to the AM1 because of it´s liveliness and sheer musicality. In comparison, I´ve found the sound of the AM2 too slow and boring.  I guess, the AM2a will likely be a compromise between the naturalness and flow of the AM1 and the meaty sound of the AM2.

i really can't find myself at all in what you said.

The AM1 compared to the AM2 makes the X7 a very expensive mp3 player (i use the term mp3 player specifically) instead of a hi fidelity audio player.

I suppose it depends on your headphones though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back