FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Jun 25, 2016 at 10:57 PM Post #12,646 of 18,020

Yeah waiting sucks big time, but software can be finicky to work with at the best of times, and coordinating many internal projects at the same time isn't a walk in the park. Don't get me wrong I am not giving them a free pass over this because believe it or not, I purchased the X7 to use as a dac first and foremost so I am dying for an update. At the same time I feel they have so much on their plate, I would rather they not half ass it and resolve all reported bugs in one fell sweep. Knawamsayin?

Yeah, but - that thing about how much they have on their plate - many of us are waiting somewhat patiently while new awesome product after new awesome product get pushed in front.
Meanwhile is anybody left to work on the updates?
The update we were waiting for was actually in May - yes? But the AM5 compatibility was the only thing we got....grrr.
A priority shift would make many an X7 owner happy.

Jun 25, 2016 at 11:02 PM Post #12,647 of 18,020
Does it stop at the end of a song or half way through it? If it's at the end - check to see you haven't inadvertently changed the play mode from shuffle or play through to play once. Done that myself a couple of times. User error rather than X7 - but gets you scratching your head for a minute before you realise.

Unfortunately, it happens at random times. Beginning, middle, end., etc. It's still not as bad as it was. Just really mind boggling. James said they are aware of the problem and it would be fixed in next firmware update, via pm to me. It's not a user error, confirmed by Fiio.

Jun 25, 2016 at 11:16 PM Post #12,648 of 18,020
Unfortunately, it happens at random times. Beginning, middle, end., etc. It's still not as bad as it was. Just really mind boggling. James said they are aware of the problem and it would be fixed in next firmware update, via pm to me. It's not a user error, confirmed by Fiio.

Thanks.  I've only had one thing weird recently - track stopped at the end and wouldn't advance to the next one.  Only happened once so far. Hope you get yours fixed with the next fw.
beerchug.gif

Jun 26, 2016 at 1:26 AM Post #12,652 of 18,020

Yeah, but - that thing about how much they have on their plate - many of us are waiting somewhat patiently while new awesome product after new awesome product get pushed in front.
The update we were waiting for was actually in May - yes? But the AM5 compatibility was the only thing we got....grrr.

how do you think I feel when I purchased the X7 to mainly use as a dac? :wink:  Trust me, no one wants this new update more than me.

They are more than aware of the issue, and has allocated enough resources to tackle the issue, trust me they ain't slackin. It also looks like we will be getting a new OS version as well, so that might be the main cause for delay?

Jun 26, 2016 at 1:27 AM Post #12,653 of 18,020

how do you think I feel when I purchased the X7 to mainly use as a dac? :wink:  Trust me, no one wants this new update more than me.

They are more than aware of the issue, and has allocated enough resources to tackle the issue, trust me they ain't slackin. It also looks like we will be getting a new OS version as well, so that might be the main cause for delay?

Are you talking about the issue with the lag when being used as a DAC? Have you tried the workaround where you set everything to play at 24 bit 192 kHz?

Jun 26, 2016 at 5:30 AM Post #12,657 of 18,020
  If I remember correctly, when using a mac based laptop, and connect a player to it, you need to cleanse the temporary files that mac OS writes. there are software that do this automatically, and should solve all problems 
L3000.gif

MacPilot can do that. 

If you know how to use the terminal, this works as well, if you change NAMEOFDRIVE to the one that appears on the desktop when the card is mounted. Don't screw up this command though, as it deletes things.

/usr/bin/find "/Volumes/NAMEOFDRIVE" ( -name ._* -o -name __MACOSX -o -name .DS_Store -o -name .Trashes -o -name .fseventsd -o -name .Spotlight-V100 ) -depth -exec srm -rf {} ;

Jun 26, 2016 at 5:45 AM Post #12,658 of 18,020

This is something that annoys be immensely about Fiio (and many other companies too, to be fair). I simply don't understand how/why you would release a product that has "easy-to-fix" issues which can be fixed via an update. I would imagine that one would take pride in your work, to release the product in a state that reflects your pride and that you are releasing it to the public in a software state that is to the best of your ability. In my line of work too, I simply cannot expect someone to pay me if I haven't given them my best.

Releasing other products while software bugs are constantly being reported on current products is kind of like spending money on a new playstation while you still owe your friend money (if that makes sense)

Jun 26, 2016 at 5:47 AM Post #12,659 of 18,020
  i have trolling??   man, waiting for 6 month of new FW... where is trolling here? your X7 works correctly?

1.8 was released on the 31st of January, that is 5 months ago. 1.91 was released on 29th of April - that's 2 months ago. You claimed waiting for six months last month. Either you are not familiar how months work or you are trolling.
@ClassicGOD I don't care for his use of punctuation, but it's obvious English is not his first language, hardly makes him a troll.

I'm not questioning his grammar or the choice of words. There is no language on earth that uses punctuation in the way he used it in his post. And by the way - English is not my first language either. 

Jun 26, 2016 at 6:01 AM Post #12,660 of 18,020
  This is something that annoys be immensely about Fiio (and many other companies too, to be fair). I simply don't understand how/why you would release a product that has "easy-to-fix" issues which can be fixed via an update. I would imagine that one would take pride in your work, to release the product in a state that reflects your pride and that you are releasing it to the public in a software state that is to the best of your ability. In my line of work too, I simply cannot expect someone to pay me if I haven't given them my best.

Releasing other products while software bugs are constantly being reported on current products is kind of like spending money on a new playstation while you still owe your friend money (if that makes sense)

You have to look at it from another perspective. Most People who are perfectly content with their product won´t waste their time on forums like this. We are a small minority here. Fiio would´t have such an excellent reputation, if their products and software would be of a ****ty quality. I own some Fiio gear, and have nothing to complain about. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back