FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Nov 28, 2015 at 5:36 PM Post #6,766 of 18,020
Sry, if the question has been asked before, but is there a timeframe when the medium power module will be released? In the very distant future or in the near future (e.g. first half of 2016).?

Nov 28, 2015 at 9:04 PM Post #6,767 of 18,020
For a more holographic wide soundstage the X7 is better. That's specifically what the original poster was asking for so that's why I recommended the X7. I had the Mojo, X7, and AK240 in the house at the same time and in my opinion the Mojo is the best of the three for overall resolution, impact, and sound quality, but the X7 is very good. Also, the Mojo should power more headphones even with the different amp modules coming in from FiiO. The AK240 and the X7 are different but both are good. I prefer the AK interface over the X7 but the X7 has more detail and separation, or at least the minute details are easier to hear on the X7.

The AK240 is massively overpriced though :p 

Nov 28, 2015 at 9:22 PM Post #6,768 of 18,020
The AK240 is massively overpriced though :p 

[sarcasm] Jeez, I didn't know that, thanks! [sarcasm] :D

I bought mine used, and yes it's still a lot of money but I paid less than a new AK120ii for mine. I try not to bring the cost in to the equation if people just want to know about the sound quality. It's up to the individual to decide if they have the spare change to purchase an item or not (individuals have different value gauges). The concern was about sound quality between the X7, Mojo, and AK DAPs. I happened to have all three at once and did comparisons and testing to come to my conclusions and share my information to be helpful to those that ask.

That said, the X7 is very well positioned to be considered a great value product for the sound quality it delivers IMO. I just hope they can get the UI more polished.

Nov 29, 2015 at 2:07 AM Post #6,769 of 18,020
[sarcasm] Jeez, I didn't know that, thanks! [sarcasm]
biggrin.gif

I bought mine used, and yes it's still a lot of money but I paid less than a new AK120ii for mine. I try not to bring the cost in to the equation if people just want to know about the sound quality. It's up to the individual to decide if they have the spare change to purchase an item or not (individuals have different value gauges). The concern was about sound quality between the X7, Mojo, and AK DAPs. I happened to have all three at once and did comparisons and testing to come to my conclusions and share my information to be helpful to those that ask.

That said, the X7 is very well positioned to be considered a great value product for the sound quality it delivers IMO. I just hope they can get the UI more polished.

Well said. Can't to pit the X7 against the Mojo when I have them both in the house. Might have the JDS Elements in house then as well!

I am not really experienced in DAPs, and aside from my BlackBerry and iPod classic the X7 is my first DAP but I can say that I have greatly enjoyed my experience with it thus far. If you are the type of person who relies on streaming services (except the google music app) such as Spotify and Tidal, the X7 is a very good investment in my opinion. And it will continue to get better with improvements and different amp modules. But there are plenty of room for improvement in my opinion as well. 

I think some people are expecting a black or white verdict on which one is definitely "better." But as more time goes on in this hobby of ours, I am realizing more and more how little the term "better" means. Too many times I went into stores expecting one headphone to blow away the competition,based on impressions I read on here, only to be astonished by how little difference there appears to be between the two opposing headphones. That is happening more and more often these days.

At this level of gear, the differences aren't as night and day as some people would like it to be. Which makes it tricky when pitting the various DAPs against each other imo. Not an easy task imo, I am glad I don't have to review the X7 haha.

Nov 29, 2015 at 4:30 AM Post #6,770 of 18,020
I'm so excited you guys, I know I'm not contributing much here, but I really can't wait to hear the sound out of these.

I want to install the Q5 and see how better it gets, I'll have to stick with the vanilla amp first when I get it though.

I can't wait to hear soundcloud on it, although, that might be like underpowering it, I just can't wait to listen to music in general on it.

Nov 29, 2015 at 9:31 AM Post #6,771 of 18,020

Well said. Can't to pit the X7 against the Mojo when I have them both in the house. Might have the JDS Elements in house then as well!

I am not really experienced in DAPs, and aside from my BlackBerry and iPod classic the X7 is my first DAP but I can say that I have greatly enjoyed my experience with it thus far. If you are the type of person who relies on streaming services (except the google music app) such as Spotify and Tidal, the X7 is a very good investment in my opinion. And it will continue to get better with improvements and different amp modules. But there are plenty of room for improvement in my opinion as well. 

I think some people are expecting a black or white verdict on which one is definitely "better." But as more time goes on in this hobby of ours, I am realizing more and more how little the term "better" means. Too many times I went into stores expecting one headphone to blow away the competition,based on impressions I read on here, only to be astonished by how little difference there appears to be between the two opposing headphones. That is happening more and more often these days.

At this level of gear, the differences aren't as night and day as some people would like it to be. Which makes it tricky when pitting the various DAPs against each other imo. Not an easy task imo, I am glad I don't have to review the X7 haha.

What's wrong with the Google Music App?

Nov 29, 2015 at 11:50 AM Post #6,772 of 18,020
  So quick heads-up for anyone in UK looking to pre-order; ea-audio.co.uk has a 10% discount off everything in their online store on all orders before 1 Dec (9 am) including the X7, so £49.99 off the price. You also there is a free L16 cable thrown in for orders over £50 and free delivery. If anyone has not heared of them they are listed on the Fiio site as UK distributors. 

I bought my x5ii from EA and am contemplating the X7, but I'm dithering over the ONKYO DP-X1, decisions, decisions before the prices go up again 
rolleyes.gif

Nov 29, 2015 at 9:57 PM Post #6,776 of 18,020
  Is it possible to install the paid (unlocked) version of Onkyo HF Player onto the X7?
Can it play the high res PCM and DSD natively?

Not untill FiiO gets the PlayStore to work on X7 in future firmware.

Yes, it does play hi-res music on the stock music app already.

Nov 29, 2015 at 10:16 PM Post #6,777 of 18,020

Not untill FiiO gets the PlayStore to work on X7 in future firmware.

Yes, it does play hi-res music on the stock music app already.

OK Thanks. It would be nice if I could use the HF Player since I'm used to it, but I've heard that the stock app is pretty good so it's not a big deal.

I was just curious how the X7's DAC section is detected by the apps like the HF player, whether it will show up as a "DoP compatible OTG USB DAC" etc.

Nov 29, 2015 at 11:04 PM Post #6,779 of 18,020
Hi James !
Does fiio has any plans to release X5 like X7 ( I mean Android , touch screen , no scroll wheel etc. ) in the near future ?

Hi mcr1, yep, we have such plan to upgrade our X5 in the near future.  any other good suggestions you have , please feel free to tell us . thanks.

:eek:

The end of an era.

Nov 29, 2015 at 11:10 PM Post #6,780 of 18,020

Users who are viewing this thread

Back