FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Mar 26, 2015 at 5:27 AM Post #3,061 of 18,020
I guess I'm the only one who is not that blown away by the UI design so far. There are lots of nice touches, but there are other things that stop me from loving it.

The colors look a bit dull to my eyes, so I think there could be issues with contrast when using the X7 outdoors.

Mar 26, 2015 at 6:07 AM Post #3,062 of 18,020
From initial impressions of these screenshots, the UI is definitely one of the better ones I've seen from all these Android-based DAPs. It's not as simple as the one in the Astell&Kern ones, but not quite as confusing as the Linux-based one in the Cowon P1. To me, it also seems more intuitive and to-the-point than the one on the Calyx M.

So all in all, it definitely feels like a nice balance of intuitiveness and utility!

What I love is the evolution that FiiO has undergone; they went from a super-simple UI in the original X3 to a UI that was way too complicated with a single wheel in the X5, and they've made iterative refinements here and there with the X1 and X3-II, and now the X7 looks like a big leap forward.

Great job, FiiO!

Mar 26, 2015 at 6:24 AM Post #3,063 of 18,020
Finally something we can really comment on the X7.

Looks beautiful!

Now, what's up with the Bluetooth icon on the now playing screen? Is it connected to a Bluetooth speaker at the time of the screenshot?

it is just my idea cause sometimes I used blutooth speakers and headset, so I have to access the bluetooth switcher quite a lot. not sure whether it is a common situation for everyone. 

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Mar 26, 2015 at 6:31 AM Post #3,065 of 18,020

it is just my idea cause sometimes I used blutooth speakers and headset, so I have to access the bluetooth switcher quite a lot. not sure whether it is a common situation for everyone. 

Beautiful looking UI, like the colours chosen. Now don't change a thing James. I love it how he ends with ( not the final version ) all the time just to keep you hanging on.

I want pink! :wink:

Mar 26, 2015 at 6:32 AM Post #3,066 of 18,020
  I guess I'm the only one who is not that blown away by the UI design so far. There are lots of nice touches, but there are other things that stop me from loving it.

The colors look a bit dull to my eyes, so I think there could be issues with contrast when using the X7 outdoors.

I would actually agree, I like more "pastel" eyes catching themes. Something more "poping" and contrasty.

Mar 26, 2015 at 6:33 AM Post #3,067 of 18,020

Its good idea! I have also bluetooth setup and not only speakers, bluettoth is useful, example: you drive in your sisters car and you wanna switch bad music :wink:

Mar 26, 2015 at 7:22 AM Post #3,068 of 18,020
popcorn.gif
yeah bluetooths a good idea for car use or wireless speakers/headphones.   Hopefully i see it in the final product.  Nice 1 Fiio..
Great UI to,  liking the meduim dark colours to keep battery power lasting .   Nice 1..

Mar 26, 2015 at 8:48 AM Post #3,069 of 18,020
Well folks you know what this means...................the hardware side is finished, now tweak the software and were done.........countdown to zero has begun.

Mar 26, 2015 at 9:38 AM Post #3,071 of 18,020

Everyone has a different usage pattern. I always choose my output device before start playing music, so a Bluetooth switch right there on the now playing screen wouldn't be my first choice.

What about a two or three finger swipe to access an user selectable function?? That would be able to start the Bluetooth screen, or the WiFi, or many others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back