FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Mar 25, 2015 at 3:12 PM Post #3,046 of 18,020
  Levanter makes good points but in this instance i have to agree with skerry and waynes.I recently auditioned the a15 which has 10mw if i'm not mistaken with ie800 just to see if it can sufficiently drive them and saddly it cannot.At 30 volume cap the sound was just about loud to enjoy music like classical but not enough for edtm.Add to the fact that there are lower volume  recorded albums and i'm not sure if the additional 5mw of zx2 can make a difference.Of course armature iems are a different matter.

The volume output is simply too low and i've already read some forums that people who have ie800 want to pair it with zx2.Hope they won't be dissapointed by lack of power 
frown.gif

Not sure about the A15 pairing, but i've seen people happily pairing their IE800 with ZX2 with no problems. Then again, different people have different preference/anatomy to music volumes.

I totally understand your point, @Levanter , but out of curiosity, why are you promoting zx2 in fiio x7 thread?

i understand that you really liked zx2, but i do not understand why would you say good things about it here. i belive you when you say that for you it sounds extremely good, but it cannot sound good for everybody.

use a little of my logic, when i bought my x5, the x3 was a step up from cowon j3, but x5 was much better. not due to power, but strictly speaking SQ.

i am having high hopes for x7 as it seems like it is going to have a very good SQ, but i would never consider a sony, specially the zx2. there are more than one reason, but i simply would not. at 1200$ i think i can get better. considering the price point of fiio x7, i can safely buy an x7 + ie800 for that money, or even better an x5+e12a+ie800, or x5+ultrasone signature dj. 

i am sure that there will be as many people liking the zx2 as there are liking AK daps, but both target the same marketplace, while fiio is less expensive. 

In my auditions i really liked fiio products better, but this is me, i cannot make an objective statement like this, but in my subjective opinion this is how i feel.

for getting something that is better than my actual x5, i would either upgrade to x5II, or x7. i like price/performance ratio, and SQ that fiio products are offering.

The only and absolutley only other thing that includes a DAC that i had heared to date that beats the actual x5 is hugo. the rest were side-grades, some downgrades, but it is subjective. I am yet to hear ifi products, but i also have high hopes from them.

It is good that we all hear differently, and we all have different opinions. This means that there will be different companies making different products for each one of us!

I am not promoting, i'm being objective. I defend products against ridiculous claims and similarly i take offence with hyped up exaggerated claims e.g. Layla sounding bigger than TOTL full size headphones. I've seen that ridiculous claims a few times in the Layla thread which i found ludicrous. 
It's find if you think ZX2 does not have enough power to drive "certain/few" IEMs, but claiming they can't drive "most" IEMs is something i have to make a stand against.

Mar 25, 2015 at 3:21 PM Post #3,047 of 18,020

Not sure about the A15 pairing, but i've seen people happily pairing their IE800 with ZX2 with no problems. Then again, different people have different preference/anatomy to music volumes.

I am not promoting, i'm being objective. I defend products against ridiculous claims and similarly i take offence with hyped up exaggerated claims e.g. Layla sounding bigger than TOTL full size headphones. I've seen that ridiculous claims a few times in the Layla thread which i found ludicrous. 
It's find if you think ZX2 does not have enough power to drive "certain/few" IEMs, but claiming they can't drive "most" IEMs is something i have to make a stand against.

ah, i totally get your point!

i think that i am similar to you, but still learning. Maybe i should had taken into account other factors in my journey into audio. i always thought that i needed more power, even for iems, and it was one of the reasons for which x5 sounded so amazing compared to j3.

actually, i would love to hear how zX2 sounds, but it is way too expensive to be in any showroom, which at a high price point already has hugo.

no iem can really sound as big as hd800 or ultrasone signature dj, but ie8 and ie800 do have big soundstages. 

i would not consider layla or any other TOTL iem, because i totally love how ie800 sounds, i am extremely fine with it, and can call it end game iem. it is not perfect, but i just like it, and it is the only TOTL iem i can really test in depth.

Mar 25, 2015 at 9:13 PM Post #3,049 of 18,020
  the initial UI design for X7 ( not the final version ).

Looks good. I liked the fiio x5 although I preferred the DX90 sound in the end, but @JamesFiiO, you have really sold me on this one despite the few short-comings. Now I just need to wait to listen to it. Hope its good!

Keep it up james!

Mar 25, 2015 at 10:07 PM Post #3,050 of 18,020
Oooh loving the UI... exciting times in head-fi :D

Mar 25, 2015 at 10:25 PM Post #3,052 of 18,020
Simple and clean. I love how it seems you can access the EQ from the playing screen. More small touches like this will make it very user friendl.

Quick access to information, EQ, and often used settings is always a smart idea.

Mar 26, 2015 at 2:52 AM Post #3,057 of 18,020
Beautiful looking UI, like the colours chosen. Now don't change a thing James. I love it how he ends with ( not the final version ) all the time just to keep you hanging on.

Mar 26, 2015 at 3:54 AM Post #3,058 of 18,020
  the initial UI design for X7 ( not the final version ).

it looks beautifull, i really love the new design. 

My experience with most music players UI is not that great, i have been using fiio x5 for music, but this UI looks so good. I really hope that this is going to be as good as it looks right now.

Mar 26, 2015 at 4:32 AM Post #3,059 of 18,020
Position in album, track numbers would he useful, 5/11. Also access to sample/bit rate. Sometimes when a track doesn't sound so good, it be nice to see if its DSD or mp3 320!

Looks very nice James.

Mar 26, 2015 at 4:42 AM Post #3,060 of 18,020
Finally something we can really comment on the X7.

Looks beautiful!

Now, what's up with the Bluetooth icon on the now playing screen? Is it connected to a Bluetooth speaker at the time of the screenshot?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back