Fiio X5iii Custom Kernel and Scripts | 2016MHz CPU | 20% RAM increase | Undervolting | New DAC drivers | and much more
Jun 26, 2019 at 5:14 PM Post #122 of 575
Yep - There seems to be an issue with the 1704 kernel and the new optimisations on the latest release.
2016 versions are fine, and (most of) the 1416 versions should be fine as well.

I'll need to find the offending tweak and remove it, expect a v3.31 soon.

Jun 26, 2019 at 5:23 PM Post #124 of 575
And another one here - same symptoms. I finally installed 3.3 with the lower speed version rather than balanced that I'd used with 3.2 and it seems ok now.

I'm on 3.3 with the "highest" setting and mine has been working well. In fact, I'm in the midst of packing for a home move and have been running it all yesterday and today without a glitch.

Powderphinger

Jun 26, 2019 at 8:59 PM Post #125 of 575
I have a 3.3 variant 1704 kernel, and the installation, restart, and second boot went smoothly and runs all day. But I deleted the set / Cache / Dalvik Cache / Cache / Data / System / and restored 1.2.4 via TWRP with preinstalled UAPP and Google Play. Dirty flash sometimes unpleasantly surprised.
2016 speed will never be for my processor, it will stiffen after reboot so that the display does not light up either.
But I bought FiiO variants 1,4 GHz, so it suits

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2019 at 4:56 AM Post #126 of 575
Yep - There seems to be an issue with the 1704 kernel and the new optimisations on the latest release.

Confirmed... in my X5:
1704 3.3 kernel version K.O.
2016 3.3 kernel versión O.K.

I´m now on 2016 3.3, It works fine, but my x5 is getting too hot when I use my usual streaming radio app. I guess "wifi + continuous radio stream" is not a good combination in summer :grimacing:

That's why I prefer the average 1704 kernel

Jun 27, 2019 at 5:08 AM Post #127 of 575
Confirmed... in my X5:
1704 3.3 kernel version K.O.
2016 3.3 kernel versión O.K.

I´m now on 2016 3.3, It works fine, but my x5 is getting too hot when I use my usual streaming radio app. I guess "wifi + continuous radio stream" is not a good combination in summer :grimacing:

That's why I prefer the average 1704 kernel

The same. Even with normal PCM playback without WiFi, I use the display down to cool the glass back. no charging, it would probably cook him.

Jun 27, 2019 at 7:18 AM Post #128 of 575

I had the same issue w 3.2 until I selected the "middle speed" version when flashing, the slowest I never got to boot, never tried the fastest. Also running/ran fidelizer 1.2.4.

Been using Onkyo Music lately as well vs FiiO music as I feel it offers better EQ functionality than FiiO music since the new version had abandonded Viper.

I do like the FiiO link functionality now, but it introduces frustration back into the experience for me as connecting, reconnecting, and synching my phone player is never easy, but that has also always been my experience in my car as well so I dont really use bluetooth at all.

Jun 27, 2019 at 10:55 AM Post #129 of 575
I have a 3.3 variant 1704 kernel, and the installation, restart, and second boot went smoothly and runs all day. But I deleted the set / Cache / Dalvik Cache / Cache / Data / System / and restored 1.2.4 via TWRP with preinstalled UAPP and Google Play. Dirty flash sometimes unpleasantly surprised.
2016 speed will never be for my processor, it will stiffen after reboot so that the display does not light up either.
But I bought FiiO variants 1,4 GHz, so it suits

Found the offending tweak on memory management (for some reason it affects lower clocked CPUs only). Will be releasing v3.31 later today.

Jun 28, 2019 at 3:48 AM Post #130 of 575
Version 3.31 is out, which contains a fix to the random reboots experienced on some lower-clocked players, as well as minor AROMA fixes.

Changelog

Version 3.31
Fix: Reverted Page writeback tweaks (caused random reboots)
Fix: Minor AROMA fixes

Download here:
http://bit.ly/FiiOX5iiiV331

Install via TWRP as per usual.

Enjoy :)

Jun 28, 2019 at 5:54 AM Post #131 of 575
Version 3.31 is out, which contains a fix to the random reboots experienced on some lower-clocked players, as well as minor AROMA fixes.

Changelog

Version 3.31
Fix: Reverted Page writeback tweaks (caused random reboots)
Fix: Minor AROMA fixes

Download here:
http://bit.ly/FiiOX5iiiV331

Install via TWRP as per usual.

Enjoy :)

Uff, you're quick like my FiiO X5-3. I had no problems with 1.7 GHz version or with Aroma, but I will try .. The biggest joy of the new Aroma is the choice to launch FiiO Music into silicon hell.
Have you been in the sea this year ??

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2019 at 1:37 PM Post #132 of 575
Can't recall if this just started with this version as I might not have been using balanced IEM's recently. Loud crackle/pop sound on pause button using PowerAmp with 3.31 mid speed kernel and balanced output.

Jun 28, 2019 at 2:11 PM Post #133 of 575
Can't recall if this just started with this version as I might not have been using balanced IEM's recently. Loud crackle/pop sound on pause button using PowerAmp with 3.31 mid speed kernel and balanced output.

Wouldn't have been due to v3.31 as very little has changed in this version. Have you tried with another player eg Neutron?

Jun 28, 2019 at 3:49 PM Post #134 of 575
Wouldn't have been due to v3.31 as very little has changed in this version. Have you tried with another player eg Neutron?
OK, tested it with FIIO player, seems to be a PowerAmp only problem with balanced output. Regular output seems fine. I can't seem to find a player that does everything I need without glitches. PowerAmp was a winner for me except for this. Probably just switch to non balanced cable.

Jun 28, 2019 at 4:54 PM Post #135 of 575
Yeah you’re not going to be getting past resampling with PowerAmp unless you use 3.5mm headphone output, for now. That’s the only output that gets 32bit/192kHz Direct HD to show up. Everything else (balanced, line out) reverts to OpenSL ES 16/48 output. Also PowerAmp can’t seem to recognize embedded album art that even FiiO Music/UAPP/Neutron can. A random assortment of albums come up blank. Every. Time.

BUT... it’s got a visualizer perfectly synced with audio. Decisions decision, always!

v3.31 kernel @ 2016 MHz still serving me well, thankfully.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back