Fiio X5iii Custom Kernel and Scripts | 2016MHz CPU | 20% RAM increase | Undervolting | New DAC drivers | and much more
Dec 13, 2023 at 1:40 PM Post #573 of 578
@solanahtari

(see here) Android auto requires at minimum, Android Oreo (8.0) or newer.

We're lucky the custom kernel works as well as it does, but it's not in active development anymore. Likewise, FiiO is no longer putting out firmware updates for it. The last update, 1.2.5, came out in July of 2019.

Dec 14, 2023 at 11:17 AM Post #574 of 578
Shortly, what can use with apple carplay? For example fiio btr5 dac amfi connect it to iphone with cable. İphone is on carplay. İ don't want to send music with bluetooth from fiio. I want to fioo process the music and back to iphone and send with carplay. Is it possible or suggest to me like this.

Dec 14, 2023 at 2:17 PM Post #575 of 578
Shortly, what can use with apple carplay? For example fiio btr5 dac amfi connect it to iphone with cable. İphone is on carplay. İ don't want to send music with bluetooth from fiio. I want to fioo process the music and back to iphone and send with carplay. Is it possible or suggest to me like this.
Not possible or remotely relevant to this thread, sorry.

Apr 26, 2024 at 5:26 PM Post #576 of 578
Is there a way to completely reset to stock? I mean remove the bootloader and such. I'm trying to upgrade the custom firmware from several years ago, (3.01 I think) and I'm finding extreme difficulty in parsing the instructions as well as having difficulty with my the X5 even interfacing with my PC. If I could start from square one, I would at least have an easier starting point.

Apr 26, 2024 at 6:25 PM Post #577 of 578
Is there a way to completely reset to stock? I mean remove the bootloader and such. I'm trying to upgrade the custom firmware from several years ago, (3.01 I think) and I'm finding extreme difficulty in parsing the instructions as well as having difficulty with my the X5 even interfacing with my PC. If I could start from square one, I would at least have an easier starting point.
Whose custom firmware? Do you mean the custom kernel project? My signature has instructions, are those the ones that you found extreme difficulty with?

Apr 26, 2024 at 6:27 PM Post #578 of 578
I'm trying to upgrade the custom firmware from several years ago, (3.01 I think)
Latest official firmware version is 1.2.5, and latest custom kernel is version 3.4.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back