FiiO X5 preview world tour--tour members, claim your souvenir for the X5 tour! p.123
Jan 2, 2014 at 3:48 PM Post #106 of 1,895
frown.gif
I'm always unlucky
frown.gif

Give it some time and post more on the forum.  Also, you can start some impression threads of your own equipment.  That will help build credibility and a presence on the site.  Believe me, it took awhile for me to get to the point where someone would trust me with something like this.  BTW, did I mention that this is the first time I have ever been picked to preview a piece of Head-Fi gear? 
wink_face.gif

Don't give up trying!
biggrin.gif

Cheers and Happy New Year!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Jan 2, 2014 at 8:34 PM Post #111 of 1,895
frown.gif
I'm always unlucky
frown.gif

have faith in yourself man, i am always unlucky in "lucky draws", but for global review rounds i haven't missed out much, 3/4 hits,1 for shonyun, 1 for burson audio, 1 is now, not selected for the 2nd round burson audio round though, so keep on trying, punch through those email to companies, 1/10 might give you one to review

Jan 2, 2014 at 10:34 PM Post #113 of 1,895
:frowning2: I'm always unlucky :frowning2:

Like others said, start posting reviews of stuff you already own or have tried, we like to get an idea of what we'll be getting out of sending you a unit for preview/review :) No, not everyone selected has posted reviews but it is an important criterion :xf_eek:

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jan 2, 2014 at 10:48 PM Post #114 of 1,895
  Give it some time and post more on the forum.  Also, you can start some impression threads of your own equipment.  That will help build credibility and a presence on the site.  Believe me, it took awhile for me to get to the point where someone would trust me with something like this.  BTW, did I mention that this is the first time I have ever been picked to preview a piece of Head-Fi gear? 
wink_face.gif

Don't give up trying!
biggrin.gif

Cheers and Happy New Year!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Yep, just post another 30,000 times and then the world of Head-Fi will be yours

MWAHAHAHAHAH

Jan 2, 2014 at 11:03 PM Post #115 of 1,895

MWAHAHAHAHAH

LOL.
Your post count is just crazy!!

Anyway, can't wait to try this one out. I'm actually converting all of my CDs to FLAC ... ugh painful BUT all of these new players seem to shine with High-Res. Want to be ready when the X5 arrives. (yeah, I still had most of my collection in 320kbps mp3s... not bad in anyway but we'll see! :wink:).

Jan 3, 2014 at 12:14 AM Post #118 of 1,895
  @HK_sends 

How do you personally know if someone 'starts' trusting you?

I've had a plethora of people thank me for my reviews, but never have I noted a distinction from when I first started out to where I am now.

I'm not really sure there was a specific moment.  It was more when people started asking my opinions about different Head-Fi subjects (like tube rolling in the Schiit Lyr) and actually following my suggestions.  I would say that's an indication of trust and credibility.  I am well aware I could undermine my reputation at any time so I try real hard to remind folks that the opinions and perspectives are mine and their mileage may vary.

I'm sure there are many folks on the forum that trust your opinions as well...

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Jan 3, 2014 at 12:20 AM Post #119 of 1,895

MWAHAHAHAHAH

LOL.
Your post count is just crazy!!

Anyway, can't wait to try this one out. I'm actually converting all of my CDs to FLAC ... ugh painful BUT all of these new players seem to shine with High-Res. Want to be ready when the X5 arrives. (yeah, I still had most of my collection in 320kbps mp3s... not bad in anyway but we'll see! :wink:).

What does CD ripping have to do with high-resolution audio which is typically 24/96+?
Unless you mean SACDs...which is a totally different thing.

Jan 3, 2014 at 12:40 AM Post #120 of 1,895
What does CD ripping have to do with high-resolution audio which is typically 24/96+?
Unless you mean SACDs...which is a totally different thing.

Nothing. But these new players seem to be "finnicky" when creating their database library with a mix of MP3 files, WAVs and high-resolution FLACs, etc. At least the FiiO X3 does NOT create a library with all of my songs and I have to use an "incomplete" music collection on the microSD card. Same thing happened with the HiSound Studio V where I even went so far as to fix ALL of my tags... The AK100 MK2 doesn't seem to have this problem though... Anyway, I'm getting everything as FLACs and hope for the X5 to recognize everything without problems.

Aaaahhh I see what I wrote now! LOL Nevermind that! The reason for creating the files as FLAC is due to the above paragraph... (it's late here!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back