FiiO X5 II Custom Themes Thread
Feb 23, 2017 at 6:22 AM Post #287 of 321
Installed in my X5 2nd Gen - Worked Great - Thank You.

Is this theme (same file) going to work with X1 1st Gen also ? Anybody can confirm ? 

No, you can't use themes from the X5ii with the X1. Different firmware, different screen size, different device.

Feb 23, 2017 at 4:38 PM Post #288 of 321
Hey, @x RELIC x ,  can you attach the few firmwares we developed to the first post? 
biggrin.gif

When you have the time, but it might be useful for newcomers. 

I think this was the link to @XVortex 's work 

https://mega.nz/#!Y0sDjSJL!xetgjoeQcDpFW4yzhnjj6ZtUGlxqyqQD-JQFUxlds2g

Feb 24, 2017 at 7:15 AM Post #289 of 321
  Hey, @x RELIC x ,  can you attach the few firmwares we developed to the first post? 
biggrin.gif

When you have the time, but it might be useful for newcomers. 

I think this was the link to @XVortex 's work 

https://mega.nz/#!Y0sDjSJL!xetgjoeQcDpFW4yzhnjj6ZtUGlxqyqQD-JQFUxlds2g

Thanks, @Dobrescu George posting the picture of your X5-2 at the discussion thread - never knew this beautiful theme (XVortex) exists.

Thank You.

Feb 27, 2017 at 2:26 PM Post #290 of 321
  I've updated VTX-Lite v2.1 for X5II: link

Hi XVortex

Thank you for sharing your excellent Lite firmware for the X5ii. I was wondering if it is possible to reactivate the USB OTG functionality in the 2.1 firmware? And/or re-post the USB driver for your 1.2 firmware?

The file download has been removed from Mega, of the USB DAC driver used by Lite 1.2 firmware. I need both OTG and DAC support, this is a deal breaker for me, and I would like to use your Lite firmware if possible.

Many thanks :)

Feb 27, 2017 at 7:32 PM Post #291 of 321

Hi XVortex

Thank you for sharing your excellent Lite firmware for the X5ii. I was wondering if it is possible to reactivate the USB OTG functionality in the 2.1 firmware? And/or re-post the USB driver for your 1.2 firmware?

The file download has been removed from Mega, of the USB DAC driver used by Lite 1.2 firmware. I need both OTG and DAC support, this is a deal breaker for me, and I would like to use your Lite firmware if possible.

Many thanks :)

Indeed, thanks for the updated Lite Firmware.

Aug 12, 2017 at 6:36 PM Post #293 of 321
Did you try a search? If I was to answer this, that is what I would have to do. But I can tell you that there is a thread on modified themes using quite a few different versions of the firmware.
This is themes though rather than basic firmware changes. Fiio never released the firmware so that people could make basic changes.

Aug 12, 2017 at 6:55 PM Post #295 of 321
You are welcome... good luck !

Mar 18, 2018 at 2:29 AM Post #296 of 321
No, you can't use themes from the X5ii with the X1. Different firmware, different screen size, different device.

Relic...

I've been making my own themes with the 1.2 VTX version as a starting point.
But before my next move I'm hoping you can answer a question about increasing picture sizes.
I've already had success reducing png sizes and having them stay where I want.
But I'm concerned about control, and more importantly, the dreaded white screen if I increase any size.
(I've already had a few scares where the Fiio took awhile to turn off)

I noticed with your great steam punk theme the category (etc) take up the full 400 x 360 screen.
Can this be done with the 1.2 VTX version?

I'm also wondering if all of the themes need to be on the DAP.

Mar 18, 2018 at 3:01 AM Post #297 of 321
Relic...

I've been making my own themes with the 1.2 VTX version as a starting point.
But before my next move I'm hoping you can answer a question about increasing picture sizes.
I've already had success reducing png sizes and having them stay where I want.
But I'm concerned about control, and more importantly, the dreaded white screen if I increase any size.
(I've already had a few scares where the Fiio took awhile to turn off)

I noticed with your great steam punk theme the category (etc) take up the full 400 x 360 screen.
Can this be done with the 1.2 VTX version?

I'm also wondering if all of the themes need to be on the DAP.

Hi,

To be honest, I can’t remember what, exactly, I did for my themes... that is to say it’s been too long for me to remember specific resolutions for my themes. Please feel free to open up my themes and see what I’ve done for reference. As for the VTX theme it should behave like my themes do as the functionality must remain the same, but I haven’t ever looked at it so I can’t be sure.

Specifically, if I recall correctly, for all my themes I did a custom banner that overlays the full resolution background image on the screen so it may seem like the whole thing is one image being used but there is a banner that sits on top.

Regarding having all the themes loaded I think you can copy the sub-folders from theme1 in to the other theme folders so that all 5 themes look the same. The way the firmware works is it looks for theme 1-5, but I don’t know what happens if you have the other theme sub-folders blank... I never tried that. It may fail, I don’t know.

Mar 18, 2018 at 3:54 AM Post #298 of 321
Hi,

To be honest, I can’t remember what, exactly, I did for my themes... that is to say it’s been too long for me to remember specific resolutions for my themes. Please feel free to open up my themes and see what I’ve done for reference. As for the VTX theme it should behave like my themes do as the functionality must remain the same, but I haven’t ever looked at it so I can’t be sure.

Specifically, if I recall correctly, for all my themes I did a custom banner that overlays the full resolution background image on the screen so it may seem like the whole thing is one image being used but there is a banner that sits on top.

Regarding having all the themes loaded I think you can copy the sub-folders from theme1 in to the other theme folders so that all 5 themes look the same. The way the firmware works is it looks for theme 1-5, but I don’t know what happens if you have the other theme sub-folders blank... I never tried that. It may fail, I don’t know.

Thanks for replying, Relic.

Yes, I have your steam punk opened for dissecting :)
It's very impressive

That's how I noticed, with the launcher, you gave each setting (explorer, playing etc) the full screen.
I imagine this was accomplished by leaving the launchers bg transparent.
I guess I'll give it a try

Can I ask what program you used to create the launcher?
The glass watch-like casing has me scratching my head.
As a novice I haven't gone beyond Paint.net

Cheers

Mar 18, 2018 at 5:22 AM Post #299 of 321
That's how I noticed, with the launcher, you gave each setting (explorer, playing etc) the full screen.

Ah, now I remember! Yes, I found it easier to do that instead of messing around with the coordinates for each icon. I had a layered photoshop image with the different icons in different positions and then just saved out each layer as a full screen image. I believe I also adjusted the coordinates so the images would display in the correct position as full screen instead of the default positions, so be sure to check the coordinates out as well if you want to go that route.

I’m not sure if the VTX theme is doing the same or not.

Can I ask what program you used to create the launcher?

Photoshop. Lots of photoshop, and some 3D software. It’s my profession so I have a lot of tools at my disposal.

I love your avatar by the way! I think it’s very creative (being nothing more than soap bubbles and a drain). Love it!

Mar 18, 2018 at 9:59 AM Post #300 of 321
Ah, now I remember! Yes, I found it easier to do that instead of messing around with the coordinates for each icon. I had a layered photoshop image with the different icons in different positions and then just saved out each layer as a full screen image. I believe I also adjusted the coordinates so the images would display in the correct position as full screen instead of the default positions, so be sure to check the coordinates out as well if you want to go that route.

I’m not sure if the VTX theme is doing the same or not.

Photoshop. Lots of photoshop, and some 3D software. It’s my profession so I have a lot of tools at my disposal.

I love your avatar by the way! I think it’s very creative (being nothing more than soap bubbles and a drain). Love it!

Cheers!

I increased the size of the bottom Fiio icon and as I suspected it didn't stay centered.
It shifted to the right with the "F" in Fiio staying centered.

Anyways this full screen option will open up a whole new world for me.
Thanks, Relic :beerchug:

btw~ I can't take credit for my avatar since I found the picture somewhere on the internet many years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back