FiiO X5 II Custom Themes Thread
Jun 28, 2015 at 6:22 PM Post #31 of 321
Thanks guys! I need to update the first post with links and provide the FW unpacking tools. I really hope more people can jump on board with customizing the X5ii as it really is great to have 5 custom themes on one device. I'm still blown away by how smooth the transition is when changing themes.

It really is easy to transfer themes over. The biggest thing to remember is the coordinates are shared and most of the bg images are now 400x360 (some exceptions like the Fast Pickng bg) instead of 400x328.

Edit: Be sure to check out all the shortcuts and different charging screens, etcetera. There is a lot of customization going on in this one FW. :) Also, my custom FW came out at around 5mb smaller in size. I found a lot of Photoshop files FiiO left in the FW and removed them.

Jun 30, 2015 at 7:46 PM Post #32 of 321
Can anyone tell me how to change the color of the text in the «Now playing» screen? Particularly the one indicating file properties, but also the song title. I guess it's defined by the config.ini.

Jun 30, 2015 at 11:34 PM Post #33 of 321
Can anyone tell me how to change the color of the text in the «Now playing» screen? Particularly the one indicating file properties, but also the song title. I guess it's defined by the config.ini.

Added instructions to the third post, or click this LINK

Edit: Also updated the first and second posts with instructions and links to the two themes done so far.

Jul 1, 2015 at 3:03 AM Post #34 of 321
Added instructions to the third post, or click this LINK

Edit: Also updated the first and second posts with instructions and links to the two themes done so far.

Thank you!
smile.gif

Jul 1, 2015 at 3:04 AM Post #35 of 321
Jul 1, 2015 at 2:32 PM Post #36 of 321
Jul 1, 2015 at 3:36 PM Post #37 of 321
Hoping they are staying installed on the tour unit? :) Unless ofc someone complains they affect the SQ.......:veryevil:

I'll be putting the official FW on the tour unit before I send it to you. Not fair to review something without its default UI.

You can always flash the custom themes when you receive the unit. :wink_face:

Jul 1, 2015 at 4:50 PM Post #38 of 321
I'll be putting the official FW on the tour unit before I send it to you. Not fair to review something without its default UI.

You can always flash the custom themes when you receive the unit.
wink_face.gif

Sounds wise - and ofc a link in the review to this thread is too 
wink_face.gif

Jul 8, 2015 at 5:25 PM Post #39 of 321
Just a heads up I did a minor tweak to the McFiiOtosh theme for the main menus and adjusted the top bar to be more unified with the sleep icon showing up next to the gain indicator.

Same file and location found in the second post of this thread.

Jul 19, 2015 at 5:12 AM Post #41 of 321
Jul 21, 2015 at 1:15 AM Post #43 of 321
Jul 22, 2015 at 3:36 PM Post #44 of 321
Aaaaaaand I'm happy to report that I have my first custom FW for the X5 II
biggrin.gif

X5ii_RELIC_FW1.0

Analogue with text and graphic refinements.

H_U_D with text and graphic refinements.

StarTrek_TOS with text and graphic refinements.

McFiiOtosh with text and graphic refinements.

X5ii_Classic with text and graphic refinements.

You can see in each pic that there are now two main menus. One for using the scroll wheel and one for using the buttons. Some work better than others for my custom themes (McFiiOtosh is weak, StarTrek is awesome). These were pretty fun to do while I was listening to the tour unit, but a bit of work to revamp the main menus for only five icons.

There is no custom startup or shutdown animations in this theme. I may add some later but it needs to be autonomous from the rest of the themes and I haven't been able to think of anything yet.

I can't express enough how awesome it is to just flip between themes mid operation. The transition is smooth and it's definately a welcome feature despite my earlier grumblings about reduced customization.

Edit: For the Analogue and McFiiOtosh themes I used the same images for the background when navigating with buttons. The jump felt strange with the needle based themes.

Now I'm not only happy with the sound improvement, it also looks gorgeous now. Thanks a lot man, I'm very glad you do this, because I have no knowledge about it and I'm too lazy to learn it 
rolleyes.gif
. Keep up the good work and I'll keep using it!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back