FiiO X5 II Custom Themes Thread
Jun 11, 2015 at 8:46 PM Post #16 of 321
AsianInvasion, did you modify/edit the unpacking tools from the X3 II custom firmware thread?

Jun 21, 2015 at 2:58 AM Post #18 of 321
I've almost got my Analogue theme ready for the X5 II when the tour unit comes in. Going to try and have Analogue, McFiiOtosh, Star Trek, H_U_D, and X5 Classic all on the same FW. The kicker is that we can't use separate boot and shutdown sequences so H_U_D and Star Trek will lose some of their sex appeal.

Jun 21, 2015 at 3:00 AM Post #19 of 321
I've almost got my Analogue theme ready for the X5 II when the tour unit comes in. Going to try and have Analogue, McFiiOtosh, Star Trek, H_U_D, and X5 Classic all on the same FW. The kicker is that we can't use separate boot and shutdown sequences so H_U_D and Star Trek will lose some of their sex appeal.

I'm looking forward to it.  I use Analogue on my X5 and would love to have it on the X5ii!  I wouldn't mind trying the others out too.
Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Jun 21, 2015 at 3:30 AM Post #20 of 321

Arhh, just posted to next tester. Oh well, be interested to hear how they port to the much improved display of X5ii.

Jun 22, 2015 at 9:42 AM Post #21 of 321

Can't wait :) Nice of Fiio to give multiple themes on the device, even if the boot/shutdown images are limited to one.

Jun 23, 2015 at 3:17 AM Post #22 of 321
Just realized the font is also shared across themes so Star Trek and X5 Classic themes will suffer from that as well.

Jun 23, 2015 at 4:33 PM Post #23 of 321
X5 II arrived an hour ago. The screen is gorgeous. Better contrast, better sharpness, better brightness. This is what I prepared blind before the tour unit came in.

These are the same theme and it's cool I can still use the 'straight' icons when the FF/RW buttons are used to navigate the launcher (main menu). Doing this though requires moving the icons off screen for the wheel portion which makes the other themes show no icons unless navigating by the buttons.

Lockscreen fixed. The default FW uses the old X5 images for the Lockscreen.

Jun 24, 2015 at 3:05 AM Post #24 of 321
I'm sad to report that there is no separate bg for the Play settings and System Settings from the rest of the bg's in the other menus, ie. Less customization.

Jun 27, 2015 at 2:01 AM Post #25 of 321
Aaaaaaand I'm happy to report that I have my first custom FW for the X5 II :D

X5ii_RELIC_FW1.0

Analogue with text and graphic refinements.

H_U_D with text and graphic refinements.

StarTrek_TOS with text and graphic refinements.

McFiiOtosh with text and graphic refinements.

X5ii_Classic with text and graphic refinements.

You can see in each pic that there are now two main menus. One for using the scroll wheel and one for using the buttons. Some work better than others for my custom themes (McFiiOtosh is weak, StarTrek is awesome). These were pretty fun to do while I was listening to the tour unit, but a bit of work to revamp the main menus for only five icons.

There is no custom startup or shutdown animations in this theme. I may add some later but it needs to be autonomous from the rest of the themes and I haven't been able to think of anything yet.

I can't express enough how awesome it is to just flip between themes mid operation. The transition is smooth and it's definately a welcome feature despite my earlier grumblings about reduced customization.

Edit: For the Analogue and McFiiOtosh themes I used the same images for the background when navigating with buttons. The jump felt strange with the needle based themes.

Jun 28, 2015 at 4:38 AM Post #26 of 321
That's awesome Relic - can't wait to see in person on the new, brighter screen! You're a pioneer :)

Jun 28, 2015 at 4:23 PM Post #30 of 321
Aaaaaaand I'm happy to report that I have my first custom FW for the X5 II
biggrin.gif

I like your work – you're a real artist in this field.

I'm sad to report that there is no separate bg for the Play settings and System Settings from the rest of the bg's in the other menus, ie. Less customization.

Yes, I have noticed that as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back