Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares
Apr 17, 2015 at 10:57 PM Post #2,026 of 2,614

I just hope that 1/2 complete theme is done before the summer comes - no mre distractions like this
beerchug.gif

I did the quick bar and finished the launcher.
It's on it's way..
biggrin.gif

Apr 18, 2015 at 1:41 PM Post #2,029 of 2,614
@Romani

I'd like to send it to you for a second set of eyes.

It is a theme in concept so it's images won't change but any ticks or nuances of pixel or the like could use a set of eyes before I release it. The eq is still being finished so it's a beta but that might take time for me to settle on so till then I can do nothing or get another set of eyes.

Surf it while listening...as it's a theme. Enjoy it. My no album art is better than any album art.
biggrin.gif

77 flashes from dream to reality. The X5 is awesome. I give this thing a damn workout and it never looked more awesome.

This **** is fun as hell!! Woooooooo Hooooooooooo!!!

Apr 18, 2015 at 2:12 PM Post #2,030 of 2,614
I had finished both a shade of elegance, and a shade of black.

What is the same: category browsing, charging, usb dac and some backgrounds because they were great, [a big thanks to @AsianInvasion for making such great ideeas in the first place!]

Pretty much everything else has been adjusted. 

A shade of elegance is as elegant as possible, where a shade of black is the same thing, but with black browsing background, because some peple like dark while some like light. i preffer both, each has a use.

Also, teaser, a new launcher, very modified from modern simplicity of @TheoS53 

Both UIs are very modified versions of modern simplicty and vortex from @TheoS53 and @AsianInvasion. Thanks a lot for the great themes, and i hope that everyone will fiind a use for mine as well.

Total time it took me to just polish other themes to the extent that i would be content with them :80 hours.

I am very interested in opinions.

Links:

A shade of black

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5uief6v1t7zssny/x5.fw?dl=0

A shade of elegance:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g02cr0nilzxhauf/x5.fw?dl=0

I have no ideea if the links stay the same, but i am sure they should.

Very important aspects of change

Browsing
Playing
Launcher
Browsing background
Categories
Font colors
Eq
Speed - should be fast, not the fastest, i had to make a few compromises along the way, but i am pretty pleased that it is still fully usable, without many quircks from this POV.
If anyone can help me make the korean fonts file smaller, and anything else smaller, without degrading quality, i am interested, speed is an important aspect.
I am still not 100% content with the fact that i am still using the stolen background images from other themes, i am looking forward to change this in the future.

Apr 18, 2015 at 5:21 PM Post #2,031 of 2,614
need some help changing the names of the Equalizer Settings files.  When I open the    \str\english\eq.ini   file and change the names of a couple of the files such as   <style_dance>Dance</style_dance>   to   <style_headphone>Headphone</style_headphone>   Headphone does not show up when I reboot the altered firmware.   Is there another file that has to be altered? 

Apr 18, 2015 at 5:37 PM Post #2,032 of 2,614
need some help changing the names of the Equalizer Settings files.  When I open the    \str\english\eq.ini   file and change the names of a couple of the files such as   Dance   to   Headphone   Headphone does not show up when I reboot the altered firmware.   Is there another file that has to be altered? 

You just need to change the text between the descriptors < style_dance > ONLY CHANGE THIS TEXT < style_dance >.

If you change the text within the <> then the system doesn't know what to look for and will not display anything.

Apr 18, 2015 at 5:39 PM Post #2,033 of 2,614
You just need to change the text between the descriptors < style_dance > ONLY CHANGE THIS TEXT < style_dance >.

If you change the text within the <> then the system doesn't know what to look for and will not display anything.

Yup, easy-peasy! And then save the eq file in the str -> english folder on your hard drive so you can copy / paste into new fw as you upgrade.

Apr 18, 2015 at 6:21 PM Post #2,035 of 2,614
H.U.D. update...... Almost complete, just working out battery charging and warning messages. Got busy with work so next week sometime for release.

The packed FW is hovering at 45mb. The complete opposite of light, lol! I'm doing two versions, one with and one without album art (my graphic covering all album art).

The one without is 'as the artist intended' for this theme. It just feels more cohesive to me.

Apr 18, 2015 at 6:26 PM Post #2,036 of 2,614
Oops.  Made those changes.  Now when I cycle through the options it goes

Off<>Rock<>Classical<>Jazz<>Pop<>Headphone<>Headphone<>Headphone<> Headphone<>Headphone<>Off

and if I go in the reverse direction it goes

Off<>Off<>Off<>Off<>Off<>Headphone<>Pop<>Jazz<>Classical<>Rock<>Off

Apr 18, 2015 at 6:33 PM Post #2,037 of 2,614
Oops.  Made those changes.  Now when I cycle through the options it goes

Off<>Rock<>Classical<>Jazz<>Pop<>Headphone<>Headphone<>Headphone<> Headphone<>Headphone<>Off

and if I go in the reverse direction it goes

Off<>Off<>Off<>Off<>Off<>Headphone<>Pop<>Jazz<>Classical<>Rock<>Off

Something went south here!! Re-open the default one and start again. Don't change the order of the text and only change the text as noted previously. It should work every time without issue. Have the original file open so you have an idea of what order the names are on the X5 when scrolling through settings.

Apr 18, 2015 at 6:48 PM Post #2,038 of 2,614
@Romani

I'd like to send it to you for a second set of eyes.

It is a theme in concept so it's images won't change but any ticks or nuances of pixel or the like could use a set of eyes before I release it. The eq is still being finished so it's a beta but that might take time for me to settle on so till then I can do nothing or get another set of eyes.

Surf it while listening...as it's a theme. Enjoy it. My no album art is better than any album art.:D

77 flashes from dream to reality. The X5 is awesome. I give this thing a damn workout and it never looked more awesome.

This **** is fun as hell!! Woooooooo Hooooooooooo!!!
Absolutely HBB. PM me the link when you're ready. You know how much I enjoy doing the testing side of things :)

Apr 18, 2015 at 8:21 PM Post #2,040 of 2,614
Yup, didn't notice that the "Vocal" setting actually reads   <style_voice>Vocal</style_voice>  so when I went to change it back I wrote    <style_vocal>Heaphone</style_vocal>  .  Corrected that and everything works.  It's those little details!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back