Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares
Jan 24, 2015 at 11:03 AM Post #1,021 of 2,614
Literally just want to know if there is a format to use/avoid as I've never added/used extra fonts before........ Ever. Who would have thought in today's day and age right?

I'll place the fonts in the appropriate folder, as you did.

thats nothing compared to what you have done with your themes, kudos for that !

Alternate MCFIIOTOCH is my theme from now on, great effort you put in,

Thanks

Jan 24, 2015 at 1:53 PM Post #1,022 of 2,614
Literally just want to know if there is a format to use/avoid as I've never added/used extra fonts before........ Ever. Who would have thought in today's day and age right?

I'll place the fonts in the appropriate folder, as you did.

I think as long as it's a ttf font it should work. Look for a full unicode font if you want to keep all the languages usable. A font that is english only will be much smaller, and possibly faster, but you might end up loosing all the accent marks, and such. 

Jan 24, 2015 at 4:00 PM Post #1,024 of 2,614
I've finally had the chance to try out McFiiOtosh and can confirm that it will warm up much quicker with the English Only fonts and does feel a bit snappier.
Bug report - charging screen (charge/bg) needs to be full frame in order to avoid white line at bottom.

From the initial teaser, I was expecting thgis to replace the volume control, and 120 different pointer angles to draw would be quite a task!. Nobody yet seems to have changed the original FiiO volume apart from colour.

The enlarged battery/charging indicator does a great job of blocking out FiiO's red text and will allow for a modern style all white top bar for future themes or for your final Plasma and Tesla versions.

Great work @x RELIC x
- looking forward to your future releases...

Edit: Your battery looks great in white as part of an all white top bar.

Yeah, I just caught the BG in the battery charge screen. Oops! I'll fix it today.

I literally deleted the names first and then changed the battery indicator. Two separate edits. I did find there is some text peeking out behind the indicator when choosing the lock screen but can't find the text to delete for the life of me.

I wish we could change the volume indicator but there is simply nothing to access. The X1 has font sizes available to edit as well as the color. This ability would make the X5 customization complete IMO.

Jan 24, 2015 at 5:12 PM Post #1,025 of 2,614
Bug report - charging screen (charge/bg) needs to be full frame in order to avoid white line at bottom.

Fixed. Thanks for the report.

I overwrote the files in Dropbox so no need to update posts, just re-download.

:beerchug:

Jan 25, 2015 at 3:57 PM Post #1,029 of 2,614
Very, very nice!

Jan 25, 2015 at 3:58 PM Post #1,030 of 2,614
Jan 25, 2015 at 4:27 PM Post #1,031 of 2,614
Jan 25, 2015 at 5:28 PM Post #1,032 of 2,614
I'm sorry, I don't understand what you're asking.

I think he's asking if you are happy for your battery to be incorporated in his theme.
I am sure many of us have already done this for our own personal use
etysmile.gif

As I said earlier it looks good in white as part of an all white top bar.

Jan 26, 2015 at 12:31 AM Post #1,034 of 2,614

Users who are viewing this thread

Back