Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares
Jan 23, 2015 at 1:14 AM Post #991 of 2,614
This is really bothering me, I went back to version 2 and sure enough the sound is better, so why this? And how can this be fixed?

No body in charge has come forward to explain, and this is obserd to disable the sound quality of the x5 in revised updates.

But I'm flogging a dead horse, I know. I guess this is one way to make sure the x7 sounds better.

Yes, the firmware 2.0 player plays best of all, all the reviews on the Internet were written on it, if the reviews were written at a later firmware, I think that the positive reviews about the sound of this player was a little
Worst of all sounds 2.4

Jan 23, 2015 at 1:31 AM Post #992 of 2,614
When is the McBomb dropping??

Right NOW!!

Like I said earlier I LOVE THIS THEME. At first I thought the green-ish color would be too much, but given the intended brand emulation it works exceedingly well. Also helps with readability.

I went wild with the menu text and used CAPS for everything like the brand that shall not be named. I think it really works.

I also changed the names of the equalizer presets to just read 'EQ-#' which is much more generic. There's no USB screen issues and I'm quite happy with the startup and shutdown animations (nothing special but they suit the theme).

There are two versions in case someone doesn't like the McFiiOtosh label, but I feel it represents the intended brand as you see the logo on all their gear, front and center.

McFiiOtosh link

The original is with the logo and the alt is without.

:D

Edit: I left the missing album art out on purpose as I feel it's much more in line with the simple design of the theme.

Jan 23, 2015 at 1:33 AM Post #993 of 2,614
Yes, the firmware 2.0 player plays best of all, all the reviews on the Internet were written on it, if the reviews were written at a later firmware, I think that the positive reviews about the sound of this player was a little

Worst of all sounds 2.4

never mind

Jan 23, 2015 at 1:56 AM Post #994 of 2,614
Right NOW!!

Like I said earlier I LOVE THIS THEME. At first I thought the green-ish color would be too much, but given the intended brand emulation it works exceedingly well. Also helps with readability.

I went wild with the menu text and used CAPS for everything like the brand that shall not be named. I think it really works.

I also changed the names of the equalizer presets to just read 'EQ-#' which is much more generic. There's no USB screen issues and I'm quite happy with the startup and shutdown animations (nothing special but they suit the theme).

There are two versions in case someone doesn't like the McFiiOtosh label, but I feel it represents the intended brand as you see the logo on all their, gear front and center.

McFiiOtosh link

biggrin.gif

Edit: I left the missing album art out on purpose as I feel it's much more in line with the simple elegance of the theme.

I went with the brand one
biggrin.gif
. I'm about to teach so I'll be rocking this later

Thank you!!
beerchug.gif

Jan 23, 2015 at 2:41 AM Post #995 of 2,614
Yeah, I have the logo one on mine with custom EQ names for my headphones. I have one more theme to come based on a more analog idea but it'll have to wait for a while.

Enjoy! :)

Jan 23, 2015 at 3:59 AM Post #996 of 2,614
i have a question for all modders. i cannot fiind it, and i need help. how do i unpack the firmware to edit it?...

also, is it possible for me to change the cover that is there when here is no cover? for example, if i shall want to put other images that should change randomly if i don't have album cover for a song?

Jan 23, 2015 at 4:04 AM Post #997 of 2,614
  i have a question for all modders. i cannot fiind it, and i need help. how do i unpack the firmware to edit it?...

Look at the first post of this thread (under "Other Tools").  Links to software and instructions.

Jan 23, 2015 at 5:09 AM Post #998 of 2,614
Right NOW!!

There are two versions in case someone doesn't like the McFiiOtosh label, but I feel it represents the intended brand as you see the logo on all their gear, front and center.

McFiiOtosh link

biggrin.gif

Edit: I left the missing album art out on purpose as I feel it's much more in line with the simple design of the theme.

Fantastic and again thank you!

Jan 23, 2015 at 7:26 AM Post #1,000 of 2,614

also, is it possible for me to change the cover that is there when here is no cover? for example, if i shall want to put other images that should change randomly if i don't have album cover for a song?

Download Paint.net and when you have the firmware exploded you can right click anything inside the folders and edit and save them where they are at and as long as the files is the same size and type (400x328 PNG mostly I think) ...you replace you can do anything there will be no issue. It's very very easy. Being creative and having the time to make that dream come true is another story.

That newest Relic theme has hours and hours of work written all over it.

This vid is for the X3 but the same basic steps are identical

Jan 23, 2015 at 8:20 AM Post #1,001 of 2,614
https://developer.apple.com/library/ios/documentation/UserExperience/Conceptual/MobileHIG/BarIcons.html

I'm changing my artist icons  since I realized the ones on the FiiO X5 are in the apple ios library?

I already have a better alternate but while looking found the Fiio one...in the ios library

Relic's uber mod prompted me to change some stuff and in doing realized some stuff wasn't "FiiO" as much as maybe licensed stuff?
I got a better one lined up.

EDIT:
I updated my theme and removed the frank sinatra apple inspired stuff.

Jan 23, 2015 at 9:03 AM Post #1,002 of 2,614
  https://developer.apple.com/library/ios/documentation/UserExperience/Conceptual/MobileHIG/BarIcons.html

I'm changing my artist icons  since I realized the ones on the FiiO X5 are in the apple ios library?

I already have a better alternate but while looking found the Fiio one...in the ios library

Relic's uber mod prompted me to change some stuff and in doing realized some stuff wasn't "FiiO" as much as maybe licensed stuff?
I got a better one lined up.

i thought i recognised them. uh-oh.

Jan 23, 2015 at 10:21 AM Post #1,003 of 2,614

Pretty sure you can't get it to change randomly, since X3's looking for a specific file.

Jan 23, 2015 at 10:28 AM Post #1,004 of 2,614
Pretty sure you can't get it to change randomly, since X3's looking for a specific file.

thanks!
then it is all for nothing. i thought that it would have been awesome to have a folder with custom covers that would play if i would not had set a cover in the folder of a specific band. this would had came in usefull specially for bands that don't have great covers.

Jan 23, 2015 at 10:52 AM Post #1,005 of 2,614
Just got my X5 today and tested a bunch of these themes out. It took me a full 1.5 hours to decide which theme I wanted to keep because all of them are so nice!
In the end, I was between Modern Simplicity and McFiiOtosh, eventually went with McFiiOtosh because it looks very unique and I feel that it matches the X5 physical look as well.

Thank you guys for all the awesome themes, I may try to make something in the future!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back