Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares
Jan 23, 2015 at 1:38 PM Post #1,006 of 2,614
All new mods were added to the first post with corrections around the Plasma and Tesla II because I made a mistake when listing them originally.

Jan 23, 2015 at 2:39 PM Post #1,008 of 2,614
  Thanks for all the summary work. The link to "Plasma" is directed to McFiioish instead of Plasma.
Thanks,

Thanks for the heads-up. I removed the link since x RELIC x has removed it himself from his post. He says that he's in the process of updating the firmware.

Jan 24, 2015 at 2:18 AM Post #1,009 of 2,614

Thanks for the heads-up. I removed the link since x RELIC x has removed it himself from his post. He says that he's in the process of updating the firmware.

I've edited the post for the beta Plasma theme to access it again.

Thanks.

Jan 24, 2015 at 2:34 AM Post #1,010 of 2,614
I looked at the X1 FW and they are able to change the text colour in all levels of the interface. I'm sad to see this is not available with the X5 FW customization. ARE YOU LISTENING JamesFiiO or Joe Bloggs?! It would be truly awesome to change the theme config.ini file and it actually changed the text colours like on the X1.

Jan 24, 2015 at 2:52 AM Post #1,012 of 2,614
@x RELIC x : Great suggestion!

Pro tip - use the @ symbol, so James & Joe are more likely to notice
beerchug.gif

Yeah, oops!

Jan 24, 2015 at 3:03 AM Post #1,013 of 2,614
Not really a user/customizer of fonts so is there anything to be aware of if I want to replace the font in the FW?

Jan 24, 2015 at 3:06 AM Post #1,014 of 2,614
Not really a user/customizer of fonts so is there anything to be aware of if I want to replace the font in the FW?

Make sure it's a full font.

Characters like áéèëòôö etcetera should be in there.

Jan 24, 2015 at 5:08 AM Post #1,016 of 2,614
Thanks to all the wonderful people who have spent many (happy?) hours creating new customised firmware.

Can i ask if it is possible to have larger fonts for the displays esp folders/artists

for the

modern simplicity

or

LIM

themes

and also i would appreciate the darker Simplicity for 2.4 if possible

Some of us have challenged eyesight and it would be good to read with out glasses!

all the best

david

Jan 24, 2015 at 5:10 AM Post #1,017 of 2,614

i wanted to add support to read arabic in the songs list, i added ana arabic font .ttf in the fonts folder, but honestly didnt find somewhere in the config files to point to it.

So i just tried like this and it didnt work, then i end up replacing the 2 available fonts with the arabic one,
It is not the right solution but it worked.

anyway it showed arabic characters with the legendary problem of non connected characters but anyway it worked..

Jan 24, 2015 at 6:15 AM Post #1,018 of 2,614
i wanted to add support to read arabic in the songs list, i added ana arabic font .ttf in the fonts folder, but honestly didnt find somewhere in the config files to point to it.

So i just tried like this and it didnt work, then i end up replacing the 2 available fonts with the arabic one,
It is not the right solution but it worked.

anyway it showed arabic characters with the legendary problem of non connected characters but anyway it worked..

Literally just want to know if there is a format to use/avoid as I've never added/used extra fonts before........ Ever. Who would have thought in today's day and age right?

I'll place the fonts in the appropriate folder, as you did.

Jan 24, 2015 at 8:12 AM Post #1,019 of 2,614
I've finally had the chance to try out McFiiOtosh and can confirm that it will warm up much quicker with the English Only fonts and does feel a bit snappier.
Bug report - charging screen (charge/bg) needs to be full frame in order to avoid white line at bottom.

From the initial teaser, I was expecting thgis to replace the volume control, and 120 different pointer angles to draw would be quite a task!. Nobody yet seems to have changed the original FiiO volume apart from colour.

The enlarged battery/charging indicator does a great job of blocking out FiiO's red text and will allow for a modern style all white top bar for future themes or for your final Plasma and Tesla versions.

Great work @x RELIC x - looking forward to your future releases...

Edit: Your battery looks great in white as part of an all white top bar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back