FiiO X5 3rd gen Review Tour starts right now!!---Android based,Mastering Quality Lossless Playback Hi-Res Music Player
Mar 20, 2017 at 4:20 PM Post #556 of 677
Mar 20, 2017 at 6:21 PM Post #558 of 677
Mar 20, 2017 at 6:39 PM Post #559 of 677
@PinkPowers

Did you try stacking the X5-3 with the A5 amp?  I'm wondering if that would give the dynamics need to make this a good pairing with the HD6xx?

I'm thinking of pairing this with the HD600's...

The A5 stacked with the x5iii is a fabulous combo. I sold all of my other portable amps as a result (which were not much). I currently have he RHA tour gear, and sound-wise the A5 is quite close (to ME) to the DacAmp L1. The am very impressed with the A5.

Mar 20, 2017 at 6:56 PM Post #560 of 677
The A5 stacked with the x5iii is a fabulous combo. I sold all of my other portable amps as a result (which were not much). I currently have he RHA tour gear, and sound-wise the A5 is quite close (to ME) to the DacAmp L1. The am very impressed with the A5.

What headphones did you use the X5-3 + A5 combo with?  Anything high impedance?

And how did the bass boost sound?

Mar 20, 2017 at 7:37 PM Post #561 of 677
What headphones did you use the X5-3 + A5 combo with?  Anything high impedance?

And how did the bass boost sound?

FLC8S, Vibro Labs Aria, Nightowl, and RHA CL1. The first three sounded fantastic. The RHA's are hard to drive, even harder than my P1's, IMHO. Very V-shaped, in sound.

Bass Boost is not as big as my older A3, but still quite acceptable. And I like a good bass sound.

Mar 21, 2017 at 3:02 PM Post #562 of 677
Just received my X5iii from BHVideo. 

I'm such a sucker for "pretty, new and nice".  <sigh>

Mar 25, 2017 at 3:29 PM Post #566 of 677
Finally picked up my tour set from the local post office (been waiting there since Wednesday unfortunately) - initial impressions are... well, impressive. Nice design, solid UI and functionality and a very good match with both the sets of listening gear I have tried with it so far (Campfire Audio Lyra II and Blue Microphones Ella over-ears). Off to a pretty good start!

Mar 25, 2017 at 3:45 PM Post #567 of 677
  Finally picked up my tour set from the local post office (been waiting there since Wednesday unfortunately) - initial impressions are... well, impressive. Nice design, solid UI and functionality and a very good match with both the sets of listening gear I have tried with it so far (Campfire Audio Lyra II and Blue Microphones Ella over-ears). Off to a pretty good start!

Mine arrived in the mail today. Took forever to update the firmware. Had to set it to not sleep or timeout to get it to complete the download. Still in music only mode, trying out different genres and gapless playback. Gapless is soso, better than my other DAPs, except DSOTM in DSD, I thought the thing quit playing between tracks 1 and 2. Sure wish I had that as a single file. Listening via balanced on my Ether C 1.1. Great synergy. Really enjoying this. I'll be trying it with my Shure SE535s soon and will let my buddy bigro have a listen as well.

Mar 25, 2017 at 9:24 PM Post #568 of 677
Has anyone used the Neutron player? Having some odd issues with the volume knob and Play/Pause button. The volume will only go down to far with the knob. That lower level seems to change depending on how high the volume was when you begin to lower the volume. The Play/Pause button appears to fast forward. Really weird. I love the interface in Neutron. The level of customization is wonderful and it plays DSD which Poweramp, n7player and PlayerPro cannot. If I get stop listening long enough, I'll post on the Neutron forum and see if they are aware of the issue.

Mar 26, 2017 at 2:25 PM Post #569 of 677
Has anyone used the Neutron player? Having some odd issues with the volume knob and Play/Pause button. The volume will only go down to far with the knob. That lower level seems to change depending on how high the volume was when you begin to lower the volume. The Play/Pause button appears to fast forward. Really weird. I love the interface in Neutron. The level of customization is wonderful and it plays DSD which Poweramp, n7player and PlayerPro cannot. If I get stop listening long enough, I'll post on the Neutron forum and see if they are aware of the issue.

Can you stream tidal with neutron?

Mar 26, 2017 at 2:27 PM Post #570 of 677

Users who are viewing this thread

Back