Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Nov 14, 2019 at 9:49 AM Post #15,316 of 15,897
I have an irritating issue with my x5iii. If I play a track then get interrupted part way through and have to pause it, often when I return and start play again, it won't play the rest of the current track and skips to the next track. Is this a known issue and how can I stop it happening?

Nov 14, 2019 at 11:53 AM Post #15,317 of 15,897
I have an irritating issue with my x5iii. If I play a track then get interrupted part way through and have to pause it, often when I return and start play again, it won't play the rest of the current track and skips to the next track. Is this a known issue and how can I stop it happening?
?'s.... firmware version, FiiO music or other music app version?
I remember a ways back I showed that 3rd party player UAPP does what you want it to. I currently know Neutron & PowerAmp restore previously played track & progress. No idea about FiiO Music (now on version 1.1.6). It's kind of hit or miss with that app (currently opted to delete it).

Nov 14, 2019 at 12:06 PM Post #15,318 of 15,897
The issue I had with UAPP that you cleared up was when I was shutting the unit down and powering back up (still works perfect when i follow the steps you layed out!)

chasmore i think is getting this on just a standard pause and then pressing play again shortly after.
pretty sure i remember reading about this issue more than once.
my advice would be to ditch fiio music (for a number of reasons)

Nov 14, 2019 at 8:36 PM Post #15,319 of 15,897
Depending on the length of the pause, it could be issues w/ second SD card tray being unmounted ? (& remounted when resuming?) it might just skip to the next song the queue/playlist called for once the card is recognized again. I'd be curious to know if playing a song from internal storage would work without issues (pointing to the already known sd card thing).

Nov 14, 2019 at 8:54 PM Post #15,321 of 15,897
Darn, two weeks ago I got my friend to buy an X5iii from the F/S forums. He's been through an Onkyo DP-X1 (balanced connection broke) & Pioneer XDP-300R (balanced connection broke AGAIN & micro USB port fails to charge unless he perches it at an angle applying pressure the right way). $185 mint is a good deal. Hope you find a buyer!

Attachments

• tenor.gif
    tenor.gif
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Nov 14, 2019 at 9:30 PM Post #15,322 of 15,897
Darn, two weeks ago I got my friend to buy an X5iii from the F/S forums. He's been through an Onkyo DP-X1 (balanced connection broke) & Pioneer XDP-300R (balanced connection broke AGAIN & micro USB port fails to charge unless he perches it at an angle applying pressure the right way). $185 mint is a good deal. Hope you find a buyer!

Thanks! I just picked up the M11Pro and I'm selling my X5iii. MINT condition with the latest firmware and I've never had an issue with it.

Nov 15, 2019 at 8:35 AM Post #15,323 of 15,897
My device has actually been working pretty smoothly for several months now. I can use Hiby or Neutron without issues. Seems that it worked some bugs out on its own! go figure

One remaining issue though, if anyone can provide a solution. The screen always turns back on after I press the power button to put it into sleep mode. This is a pain because when I'm not using it, I am forced to power it down, else the screen will drain the battery. And we all know how long it takes to reboot!

I press the power button briefly, the screen goes dark, then in a few seconds the screen comes back. This happens in both Pure Music and Android modes.

Not sure, but it is there a motion sensor that "wakes" the screen up? I am running the custom kernal, but not sure which version.

Thanks folks!

Nov 15, 2019 at 9:48 AM Post #15,325 of 15,897
My device has actually been working pretty smoothly for several months now. I can use Hiby or Neutron without issues. Seems that it worked some bugs out on its own! go figure

One remaining issue though, if anyone can provide a solution. The screen always turns back on after I press the power button to put it into sleep mode. This is a pain because when I'm not using it, I am forced to power it down, else the screen will drain the battery. And we all know how long it takes to reboot!

I press the power button briefly, the screen goes dark, then in a few seconds the screen comes back. This happens in both Pure Music and Android modes.

Not sure, but it is there a motion sensor that "wakes" the screen up? I am running the custom kernal, but not sure which version.

Thanks folks!

This was a known bug on the original firmware. I've implemented some checks on 3.4x that eliminate some (/all?) of these random screen-on bugs

Nov 15, 2019 at 10:13 AM Post #15,326 of 15,897
got it, thanks for the quick replies!

Nov 15, 2019 at 12:11 PM Post #15,328 of 15,897
That's one issue I don't have. I use 512gb and a 400gb cards, and it works fine from a performance perspective.

Nov 15, 2019 at 3:56 PM Post #15,329 of 15,897
I had completely abandoned my X5iii due to its incredibly poor performance. But with the Jkbuha's kernel upgrade I decided to give it another go - I would encourage anyone to upgrade their kernel. Using the new kernel and Neutron and am finally happy with the X5iii's performance. I use two 400gb cards completely filled with mp3 files and it rocks! The performance is so good I was thinking of trying out a 1tb card so I can move to lossless files. Does anyone have any experience using a 1tb card in the X5iii?

Nov 15, 2019 at 4:55 PM Post #15,330 of 15,897
I wish... over 400 bones for one of them at the moment. 512gb is just over 1/3 the price. As was the case with capacity/cost at all other times in the past. It'll be worth it if you wait it out.

If at all possible before throwing money at an SD card manufacturer, perhaps pitch in to the kernel devs who brought your player back to life?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back