Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Jul 23, 2019 at 8:13 AM Post #15,196 of 15,897
Thanks for the offer, but just yesterday, I shipped it to Witzy!

Cool to know that you're in my neck of the woods. Ever make it to Daryl's House or the Ridgefield Playhouse?

When theres something worth attending I'm def interested in hitting up those venues, or the Ives. After 25yrs and 200 Phish/GD shows, I 'd say I get around. Hit me up if you need anything, 24bit File shares, etc, we can do that over my google drive or get ya an invite to FB trading groups if your active.

Jul 23, 2019 at 8:51 AM Post #15,197 of 15,897
When theres something worth attending I'm def interested in hitting up those venues, or the Ives. After 25yrs and 200 Phish/GD shows, I 'd say I get around. Hit me up if you need anything, 24bit File shares, etc, we can do that over my google drive or get ya an invite to FB trading groups if your active.
Thanks for the offer. I'm active on FB under the name Rick Pauline.

no Phish for me, but around 140+ Dead, Garcia, Weir, etc. shows under my belt, starting in '76. Did some taping myself in the mid-80's; some of my recordings can be found on the Archive. I've since turned to photography. I'm a house photog at Daryl's House, so I'm there quite frequently. Will be at Ridgefield in September for Steve Hackett.

Jul 23, 2019 at 1:59 PM Post #15,199 of 15,897
I wish I had seen the Dead a bit earlier. I missed the Pig years by a stretch. But I did make it to a few golden shows, 5/8/77 (true story!), Englishtown, Giant Stadium '78, 11/5/77, 5/16/80, 9/2/80 inclusive.

Jul 23, 2019 at 2:27 PM Post #15,200 of 15,897
I wish I had seen the Dead a bit earlier. I missed the Pig years by a stretch. But I did make it to a few golden shows, 5/8/77 (true story!), Englishtown, Giant Stadium '78, 11/5/77, 5/16/80, 9/2/80 inclusive.
I was at that show. I remember the long walk carrying a cooler that leaked most of the liquid. I remember the HEAT, beyond that I don't remember anything. I'm kind of shocked by the crowd size reported as I don't recall being cramped for space. I honestly don't remember the music. In fact I don't remember the music of any GD show (wonder why?). They were stoned, I was as well, in retrospect what a waste for me. Much prefer shows and times when I can remember stuff.

btw - found this https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1y81xGkELWMhn6eKOFO-clXCwqmbSl1FYxwv98G1uTB4/edit#gid=1

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2019 at 4:03 PM Post #15,202 of 15,897
I was at that show. I remember the long walk carrying a cooler that leaked most of the liquid. I remember the HEAT, beyond that I don't remember anything. I'm kind of shocked by the crowd size reported as I don't recall being cramped for space. I honestly don't remember the music. In fact I don't remember the music of any GD show (wonder why?). They were stoned, I was as well, in retrospect what a waste for me. Much prefer shows and times when I can remember stuff.

btw - found this https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1y81xGkELWMhn6eKOFO-clXCwqmbSl1FYxwv98G1uTB4/edit#gid=1
I assume you're referring to Englishtown. I have loads of memories from that adventure.

Arriving at about 3:00 AM, helping a bunch of folks push a huge RV that was stuck in mud. Being herded in like cattle (moooooo!!!). Finding a big vial of some really potent, um, tobacco. THE HEAT!!!!! Ducking into one of the shipping containers (used to encircle the area) to change in to shorts. Hundreds (it seemed) of frisbees sailing through the air, which I think were provided by WNEW-FM. I remember nearly every note of the show, from NRPS, to the Marshall Tucker Band, through the entire Dead's set (with Weir introducing the encore, Terrapin Station, as "a little ditty from our latest album).

The drive home was intense. How we found our car after the show, I will never know. We had parked on someone's lawn, seemed like the entire neighborhood was renting out their yards for parking space. Also, the local cops had cut deals with area towing companies. They (the cops) were telling people to park along the sides of streets. Poor saps found their cars towed after the show!

This was my 4th show.

Jul 24, 2019 at 3:30 AM Post #15,203 of 15,897

Gosh some off us weren't even born yet! . Sadly my X5 screen is non-responsive! Arghhhh

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2019 at 9:23 AM Post #15,204 of 15,897
Gosh some off us weren't even born yet! . Sadly my X5 screen is non-responsive! Arghhhh
I am continuing to have that issue, but only when I try to launch Hiby. It freezes, and I have to hold the power button down for about 15 seconds, at which point it will reboot. Have you tried that yet?

Jul 25, 2019 at 1:49 PM Post #15,205 of 15,897
I am continuing to have that issue, but only when I try to launch Hiby. It freezes, and I have to hold the power button down for about 15 seconds, at which point it will reboot. Have you tried that yet?
Thank you for the advice, I have restarted so many times, I have rebooted into TWRP but I can't tap on anything on the screen. I'm using my V30.

Jul 26, 2019 at 3:38 AM Post #15,206 of 15,897
Just reminding anyone who's got the custom kernel & TWRP installed, if you get notified of the 1.2.5 official firmware update via OTA, you cannot do the update without stock recovery in place. The 1.2.5 update appears only to integrate whatever fixes are present in the Google Play/Android version of FiiO Music (1.1.3). Nothing system-wide. You can take "miscellaneous bug fixes and improvements" at the end of patch notes to mean anything or nothing. If you use exclusively FiiO Music and need Pure Music, and want those fixes, then you will have to use the android installer tool to replace stock recovery image, before the OTA zip can be used by technical support application. Otherwise, 1.2.3/1.2.4 users with custom kernel in place, best to just skip the update. Cuz it certainly doesn't look very necessary.

Jul 26, 2019 at 1:55 PM Post #15,208 of 15,897
Just reminding anyone who's got the custom kernel & TWRP installed, if you get notified of the 1.2.5 official firmware update via OTA, you cannot do the update without stock recovery in place. The 1.2.5 update appears only to integrate whatever fixes are present in the Google Play/Android version of FiiO Music (1.1.3). Nothing system-wide. You can take "miscellaneous bug fixes and improvements" at the end of patch notes to mean anything or nothing. If you use exclusively FiiO Music and need Pure Music, and want those fixes, then you will have to use the android installer tool to replace stock recovery image, before the OTA zip can be used by technical support application. Otherwise, 1.2.3/1.2.4 users with custom kernel in place, best to just skip the update. Cuz it certainly doesn't look very necessary.
Thanks for the post, can you remind me/us how to kill the OTA from asking to update? Seems like it was easy but I don't remember the process.

Jul 27, 2019 at 3:16 AM Post #15,209 of 15,897
Thanks for the post, can you remind me/us how to kill the OTA from asking to update? Seems like it was easy but I don't remember the process.
See if under Settings->Apps->(swipe over to All)
scroll down to “technical support”-> see if “Disable” is an option (and not greyed out)

I deleted the technical support application already with titanium backup, so I can’t see for myself if that option is present by default.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back