Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Jul 27, 2019 at 5:00 AM Post #15,211 of 15,897
1. Then install titanium backup and freeze technical support application
or
2. delete its apk from system/app partition in TWRP file manager (delete system apps at your own risk)

Jul 27, 2019 at 8:58 AM Post #15,212 of 15,897
Since there is still something to fix in the FiiO firmware, I took the whole procedure from 1.2.1. I have never had a problem with sound loss when the display is turned off after an hour, neither with SPDIF nor with LineOut. I was only interested in DLNA at 192 kHz. I didn't even dream of adding the wavpack codec for * .dsf files to add FiiO Music. But through the minidlna under Linux, it plays quite smoothly even 192 kHz even in full resolution up to 5 m from the wifi router. Obviously after the first system hardening and hard reset. I applaud the engineers of FiiO !!
Obviously, after the DLNA is finished, the system freezes again and a hard reset. Even more enthusiastic applaud engineers FiiO !!

FiiO Music version 1.1.3 also works in PureMusic mode. Kernel 3.3.2 at 1.7 GHz with no problems. Coax connection to external DAC also fine, DSD64 over COAX is still just an advertising lure - neither through D2P nor through DoP is nothing but PCM 88.2 or 176 kHz
And the only really good news - I finally bought a Neutron that plays * .dsf compressed at half size into a wavpack container right after installation without entering the settings on internal DAC!! Treasure !!
Perhaps I can set it up in an hour ...

Neutron Wavpack.png

To look at it, the Neutron interface strongly resembles the Windows 95 era, but nothing is perfect. It already has 3 color themes, custom colors and font sizes.
If they were still in power and generated VU meters, I would forgive even the awful icons.

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2019 at 9:32 AM Post #15,213 of 15,897
Anyone know where/how I can get a replacement screen protector? Mine cracked when I got mad at the device and punched it.

Really

Aug 3, 2019 at 9:35 AM Post #15,214 of 15,897
Last edited:
Aug 3, 2019 at 10:08 AM Post #15,215 of 15,897
Thanks!!! I ordered two. I have anger issues.

Aug 3, 2019 at 10:09 AM Post #15,216 of 15,897
Maybe take off the brass knuckles next time :D

This is the X5iii support group right here, coffee and donuts on the way in!

Aug 3, 2019 at 1:16 PM Post #15,217 of 15,897
Maybe take off the brass knuckles next time :D

This is the X5iii support group right here, coffee and donuts on the way in!
Hi, my name is Rick, and I have audio issues.

:)

Aug 3, 2019 at 1:37 PM Post #15,218 of 15,897
Anyone know where/how I can get a replacement screen protector? Mine cracked when I got mad at the device and punched it.

Really

I had a really good laugh when I read your simple honest statement. Glad I didn't have a mouthful of java!

A few times early in my ownership days I had to really stop myself from throwing it against the wall in frustration. Remembering how much I paid for it and knowing that I would immediately regret this action stopped me mid-impulse. But the punching thing, yeah that didn't occur to me, that would have been somewhat satisfying. Saved a wall repair cost too. I guess just putting it aside and walking away worked for me. I think a lot of it had to do with its slowness and the weak Wi Fi.

After owning it a couple of years (still stock FW) and seeing that it has improved to a certain degree with the updates, these "urges" have abated. And the thing really does have such a nice musical house sound that synergizes very nicely with a simple audio-out connection with my Cayin C5. I used to wisecrack to myself after I calmed down that the X5III would be voted "DAP Most likely to get thrown against the wall". Glad you're able to get some new screen protectors.

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2019 at 3:30 PM Post #15,219 of 15,897
My x5iii has 1.24 fw and 3.2 custom kernel (much thanks to jkbuha & Co.)
It's been running error free for some time now, it's main function for me is to sit back in my easy chair, plug in my bgvp dm6's and listen to my music.

Aug 4, 2019 at 9:38 AM Post #15,220 of 15,897
Aaa, rough Preachy1 ...
I have a pretty aggressive picture in the avatar, but I wouldn't be able to do this to my angular friend.
But if he hadn't been able to save his existence by returning to his home service in China, I had secretly suggested a dignified monument ..
FiiO hrob.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2019 at 5:32 AM Post #15,222 of 15,897
Just found a bug with the latest firmware. In Fiio music, the equaliser goes from plus 5dB to plus 6dB with nothing in between. It's the same on the X7ii.
Dear friend,

Thanks for your kind feedback. But we fail to reproduce about that. And the EQ of X5III is now dynamic EQ.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Aug 16, 2019 at 3:53 AM Post #15,224 of 15,897
Aug 23, 2019 at 11:40 AM Post #15,225 of 15,897
Fiio X5s on Massdrop for $300. Basically it's the X5iii but with 64GB internal memory :-

https://drop.com/buy/fiio-x5s#overview

Apologies for the thread invasion but it's a bit pointless to start a new one for the sake of an internal memory upgrade :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back