Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Aug 23, 2019 at 11:56 AM Post #15,226 of 15,897
Is it just me, or does anyone else think they could've used a better pic in the image below (referring to the Low Battery screen!):

fiio.JPG

Aug 23, 2019 at 2:23 PM Post #15,228 of 15,897
Is it just me, or does anyone else think they could've used a better pic in the image below (referring to the Low Battery screen!):

:) No it’s not only you

Aug 26, 2019 at 12:57 PM Post #15,230 of 15,897
That's a good deal and I'm actually tempted to buy one, to start over with a fresh device.

Because I love pain. :)

Aug 26, 2019 at 1:03 PM Post #15,231 of 15,897

Are these any good?
Anyone have experience with any specific supplier. I've seen some bad reviews here and there.
Right now i have no protection and didn't know these existed for this Fiio!

Aug 26, 2019 at 1:12 PM Post #15,232 of 15,897
Are these any good?
Anyone have experience with any specific supplier. I've seen some bad reviews here and there.
Right now i have no protection and didn't know these existed for this Fiio!
I ordered two of the protectors shown from the eBay seller you've noted above. They took maybe 8-10 days to arrive from China. Very well packed, and the product seems to be of very good quality. I haven't punched the device since I've installed the new screen protector! hehe

PS Always use protection. hehe again

Aug 26, 2019 at 3:06 PM Post #15,234 of 15,897
So it fits and applies well and no extra issue with the interface then???
A winner?

I'll get from that same vendor if so
Yes, yes, and yes. Does not add to any issues that already exist with this wonderful piece of kit. <tongue through cheek>

Aug 27, 2019 at 1:21 PM Post #15,236 of 15,897
lol mine has started acting weird out of nowhere lately.
using UAPP and sometimes the artwork just freezes even though it plays into the next song/album

i mean if it's playing music i guess i won't complain lol

I have the same issue at times using UAPP on a stock 1.25 firmware X5III. I find that if I try to do too much forwarding, especially in random mode, it will play the subsequent song but the artwork for the previous will stay in place. Only way to fix is give it a few moments and forward to another tune and it'll re-normalize. IMO it's basically just the result of slow hardware and crummy WiFi.

Aug 27, 2019 at 2:33 PM Post #15,237 of 15,897
lol mine has started acting weird out of nowhere lately.
using UAPP and sometimes the artwork just freezes even though it plays into the next song/album

i mean if it's playing music i guess i won't complain lol
I'm over the complaining stage. Now it's just pure comedy!

Denial>Anger>Bargaining>Depression>Acceptance

Aug 28, 2019 at 3:14 PM Post #15,238 of 15,897
This is probably redundant... but I have to ask. I have had very little if any real issues with my X5. I am running it with only the Fiio software and using the Viper effects. I really have no need for any other playback software or Apps. Like I said I do like the Viper plug in's, but if giving it up gets me better sound and performance, I'm willing to give it a try. A lot of the upgrades and "fixes' discussed through the threads are intriguing, but before I do so I have a couple of questions:

1. Is it true that the latest firmware update does away with Viper effects?
2. What is the difference between the Kernal updates, Fidelizer and the others?
3. I assume the unit has to be rooted to apply any of these updates.
4.What would be the recommendation for the best updates if I want to keep the standard Fiio Player App (or a newer modded version)?
5. Where can I find a list of the latest utilities and software that I will need and directions so I don't have to hunt through 15000+ posts to find the appropriate ones?

If it fails, can I put it back to where I am now?

Thanks for any help - a list of the appropriate posts that I will need to read would be helpful and appreciated - probably by more than just myself.

Enjoy the Music!

Aug 28, 2019 at 3:37 PM Post #15,239 of 15,897
This is probably redundant... but I have to ask. I have had very little if any real issues with my X5. I am running it with only the Fiio software and using the Viper effects. I really have no need for any other playback software or Apps. Like I said I do like the Viper plug in's, but if giving it up gets me better sound and performance, I'm willing to give it a try. A lot of the upgrades and "fixes' discussed through the threads are intriguing, but before I do so I have a couple of questions:

1. Is it true that the latest firmware update does away with Viper effects?
2. What is the difference between the Kernal updates, Fidelizer and the others?
3. I assume the unit has to be rooted to apply any of these updates.
4.What would be the recommendation for the best updates if I want to keep the standard Fiio Player App (or a newer modded version)?
5. Where can I find a list of the latest utilities and software that I will need and directions so I don't have to hunt through 15000+ posts to find the appropriate ones?

If it fails, can I put it back to where I am now?

Thanks for any help - a list of the appropriate posts that I will need to read would be helpful and appreciated - probably by more than just myself.

Enjoy the Music!
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/fii...-new-dac-drivers-and-much-more.906004/page-15 Start at the beginning.
It is very easy to do the upgrade. HOWEVER if your happy with the player now, don't do anything and don't do the FIIO updates either. I believe the Viper went away in new Music App.

The Kernel update is amazingly faster and comes into play for me when using the internet. Also touch screen works faster and the slowness that was apparent from the bogged down FIIO updates is now gone. I've never used Fidelizer so can't comment.
No rooting is needed. Going back to stock is easy.

Aug 28, 2019 at 4:00 PM Post #15,240 of 15,897
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/fii...-new-dac-drivers-and-much-more.906004/page-15 Start at the beginning.
It is very easy to do the upgrade. HOWEVER if your happy with the player now, don't do anything and don't do the FIIO updates either. I believe the Viper went away in new Music App.

The Kernel update is amazingly faster and comes into play for me when using the internet. Also touch screen works faster and the slowness that was apparent from the bogged down FIIO updates is now gone. I've never used Fidelizer so can't comment.
No rooting is needed. Going back to stock is easy.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/fii...rs-and-much-more.906004/page-13#post-15098999

^condensed instructions^

& https://www.head-fi.org/threads/fii...rs-and-much-more.906004/page-13#post-15102028

^fiio music 3.4.3 w/ viper that can be installed on new firmware alongside existing FiiO Music application^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back