Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Jun 26, 2019 at 5:46 AM Post #15,123 of 15,899
Would anyone be willing/able to upgrade my X5-iii with JK's magical powder? I have neither the time nor the stomach to take this on myself. I'll gladly cover shipping in both directions and will provide reasonable compensation to whichever kind soul is willing to end my frustrations!!!!

TIA!!!!

Jun 27, 2019 at 6:46 AM Post #15,125 of 15,899
Preachy1....

You are a hop and a skip from me (Danbury) it was not that hard, a little bit of a learning curve via trial and error. You mess up its just matter of flashing back to stock and starting over. PM me to discuss, its def worth a shot.

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2019 at 6:50 AM Post #15,126 of 15,899
Would anyone be willing/able to upgrade my X5-iii with JK's magical powder? I have neither the time nor the stomach to take this on myself. I'll gladly cover shipping in both directions and will provide reasonable compensation to whichever kind soul is willing to end my frustrations!!!!

TIA!!!!

See my reply above...forgot to quote ya...

Jun 27, 2019 at 6:59 AM Post #15,127 of 15,899

If you are not cooking your kernal yet, run and don't walk over to this thread and start tinkering. Not uber techie but I got it done with a little patience and help from jkbuha and a few others in that thread. Kind souls making life easier. Absolutley ZERO crashes since upgrading, player is like lightning now, crisper cleaner sound.

Jun 27, 2019 at 8:57 AM Post #15,128 of 15,899
See my reply above...forgot to quote ya...
Thanks for the offer, but just yesterday, I shipped it to Witzy!

Cool to know that you're in my neck of the woods. Ever make it to Daryl's House or the Ridgefield Playhouse?

Jun 28, 2019 at 3:50 AM Post #15,129 of 15,899
Jun 28, 2019 at 5:35 PM Post #15,131 of 15,899
anyone been able to fix the issue with neutron randomly closing itself after track ends?
dev dont reply to emails and he has known for over 6 months about it and no fixes

I got it to work by deleting the stock. FIIO music app. I didn’t like the app anyway.

1. In settings/ about device click on the kernel version I believe 7 times. This will delete stock app and pure music mode will be gone.

2. Uninstall and reinstall neutron

That’s how I got it to stop the random crashes. You may or may not want to go this route depending on your love/hate for the stick app/Fiio pure music

Jun 28, 2019 at 6:14 PM Post #15,132 of 15,899
anyone been able to fix the issue with neutron randomly closing itself after track ends?
dev dont reply to emails and he has known for over 6 months about it and no fixes
Are you using jkbuha's kernel? I use Neutron a lot and I don't have crashes on my X5iii.

Jun 28, 2019 at 7:33 PM Post #15,134 of 15,899
Yup using custom kernel.
Latest version of neutron from play store.
Still closes itself after while.
Do you do any tweaks using kernel manager?
I don’t know if I had your particular pausing problem (after a single track completes or after several) but I did uninstall, wipe dalvik/cache, reboot, reinstall from google play, and afterwards I installed on top of that the neon.apk from here: http://neutronmp.com/downloads/category/3-google-play.html
should be the third one on that list.

Jun 28, 2019 at 10:20 PM Post #15,135 of 15,899
Yup using custom kernel.
Latest version of neutron from play store.
Still closes itself after while.
Do you do any tweaks using kernel manager?
Nope no particular tweaks. I wonder what is different ti exhibit such different behaviours?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back