Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Jun 30, 2019 at 2:31 PM Post #15,138 of 15,899
I use the custom kernel version 3.11 2016. When I launch the es explorer application, the player hangs on a black screen. Sometimes it can hang up until a full reboot from the button. There is no such problem on version 3.2.
ES explorer suggests to you - install Solid Explorer or Root Explorer instead of me. I'm waste and destroy me right after installing another explorer

Jul 1, 2019 at 6:01 AM Post #15,139 of 15,899
This is a question for Brooko. On the X7ii thread, you recently mentioned your X5iii gets more use than your X7ii because of it's warmer tonality and smaller size. In your review of the X5iii you said it was slightly let down by its amp section. Have you changed your opinion, or just learned to live with it?

Jul 1, 2019 at 6:33 AM Post #15,140 of 15,899
This is a question for Brooko. On the X7ii thread, you recently mentioned your X5iii gets more use than your X7ii because of it's warmer tonality and smaller size. In your review of the X5iii you said it was slightly let down by its amp section. Have you changed your opinion, or just learned to live with it?

Nope - different uses. X5iii for IEMs and earbuds. X7ii for harder to drive full sized cans. Still love my X5iii - one of the best DAPs FiiO released IMO - especially with JK's kernel.

Jul 1, 2019 at 8:15 AM Post #15,143 of 15,899
My fiio X5 III does not turn on. I have tried to press and hold the power button for long periods of time and it does not work or plugged into the network or by usb. Can somebody help me?
Would you characterize your player's power button as mushy or as clicky?
If you have ever turned on the USB-Debugging option in Developer Options (enabled by clicking build number several times in "About Device" try connecting it with usb and in a terminal window enter "adb reboot" .
If that was never done, can you confirm that you've left it connected to a wall-usb charger for a period of time with an assortment of cables, so we know it's not the cable falling to charge it?
I'd hope your microUSB socket wasn't damaged in some way. If your power button is mushy, with the button facing downwards, take some high % rubbing alcohol and lightly soak a Q-tip, rub it around the button, and then spray some compressed air tightly around it.
Best of luck.

Jul 1, 2019 at 8:35 AM Post #15,144 of 15,899
Would you characterize your player's power button as mushy or as clicky?
If you have ever turned on the USB-Debugging option in Developer Options (enabled by clicking build number several times in "About Device" try connecting it with usb and in a terminal window enter "adb reboot" .
If that was never done, can you confirm that you've left it connected to a wall-usb charger for a period of time with an assortment of cables, so we know it's not the cable falling to charge it?
I'd hope your microUSB socket wasn't damaged in some way. If your power button is mushy, with the button facing downwards, take some high % rubbing alcohol and lightly soak a Q-tip, rub it around the button, and then spray some compressed air tightly around it.
Best of luck.
I've tried everything and nothing

Jul 1, 2019 at 12:52 PM Post #15,145 of 15,899
My fiio X5 III does not turn on. I have tried to press and hold the power button for long periods of time and it does not work or plugged into the network or by usb. Can somebody help me?
This happened to me, I tried everything I could think of. New cables, chargers, etc. Finally I opened the back of the unit, jiggled some things around to make sure everything was seated correctly and closed it back up. It started right up. Not sure if it was coincidence or real. I suspect that the battery connection isn't good or the battery is starting to fail. Worth a try if you have the proper tools.

Jul 1, 2019 at 1:17 PM Post #15,147 of 15,899
This happened to me, I tried everything I could think of. New cables, chargers, etc. Finally I opened the back of the unit, jiggled some things around to make sure everything was seated correctly and closed it back up. It started right up. Not sure if it was coincidence or real. I suspect that the battery connection isn't good or the battery is starting to fail. Worth a try if you have the proper tools.
What type of tools I need? thanks!

Jul 1, 2019 at 1:40 PM Post #15,148 of 15,899
Jul 1, 2019 at 7:03 PM Post #15,149 of 15,899
What type of tools I need? thanks!

Don't waste your time disassembling the player. The same thing happened to me 2 days ago. FiiO refused to wake up after normal shutdown - battery level about 85%. I have a 5V charger with a display that shows the charging current. After 6 hours, the charging current did not move even by 0.01 A. It also occurred to me that the battery had died. After disconnecting the FiiO charger, he was dead for about 10 hours. He tried to connect him to Windows 10, Mac OS X, Linux Arch for firmware flash - no response. The next day he started after 5 seconds and since then he has been fine. Kernel 3.3.1 - 1.7 GHz. Again, I made a flash firmware 1.2.1, just 1.2.4, TWRP, SU, kernel and everything is fine. I absolutely have no idea what was the cause or what helped.

But I have a similar set for about 20 Euros for about 10 years. Without it, you're not even a man. The basic thing
And once comes the time to replace the battery

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2019 at 10:03 PM Post #15,150 of 15,899

Users who are viewing this thread

Back