Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Sep 28, 2017 at 9:32 AM Post #11,626 of 15,897
I wish it would work with more devices too. What I would suggest is using coax for digital out with anything that isn't working (if you have that option) - its much simpler. Hopefully FiiO will do more to unlock the USB out eventually. In the meantime, the Q1 Mkii is definitely working.
I briefly tired usb out to the iDSD BL and it worked though a bit flaky on Fiio Music, however that was on 1.1.7. Since i can do coax out i might just try that too but last time fiio music did falter when playing 24/192 files. Wonder why. The additional ease of usb out is that people already have the necessary cable solutions handy.

Regarding gapless on lossless files, i can confirm that it works. As you rightly pointed out it is still work in progress on lossy files. All in all a decent FW update.

Sep 28, 2017 at 11:13 AM Post #11,628 of 15,897
I wish it would work with more devices too. What I would suggest is using coax for digital out with anything that isn't working (if you have that option) - its much simpler. Hopefully FiiO will do more to unlock the USB out eventually. In the meantime, the Q1 Mkii is definitely working.
hello, what is with the native support for files above 192khz, thier are upsampled ... "***Fiio's music player converts Britten_352k-24b_flac.flac
data into 176.4 kHz! So basically they have max 192 kHz on the level
of software."
can anyone tell, has 1.1.8 changed it?

Sep 28, 2017 at 12:22 PM Post #11,632 of 15,897
hello, what is with the native support for files above 192khz, thier are upsampled ... "***Fiio's music player converts Britten_352k-24b_flac.flac
data into 176.4 kHz! So basically they have max 192 kHz on the level
of software."
can anyone tell, has 1.1.8 changed it?

Yup that is super annoying.
They got a High Res player that cant play 352 files native.
I wonder if the Onyko can.

Sep 28, 2017 at 12:57 PM Post #11,633 of 15,897
^ you realize you can't hear the difference, right...

Onkyo DP-X1 & X1A cannot be used as a stand-alone USB-DAC so more power to you but it loses a feature even if it plays unnecessary formats.

Sep 28, 2017 at 2:45 PM Post #11,634 of 15,897
I understand that FIIO has priorities, but like the others, I have also spent € 500 on this player thinking that the crossfade would come standard, and it does not have it. For me it is something very important, as much or more than what others ask for in other improvements. The time is passing ........ and basic functions and improvements that should have been on day 1 of product launch are not, as the crossfade and everything you claim. In short ..., the neutron that admits to listen to songs by folders ?, because I remember trying it many months ago and I did not have, or did not have reinforcement of blunt bass, I no longer remember.
I believe that Brooko was trying to tell you in very nice terms that though this functionality is important to you, it is not , or at least has not ben reported as being, very important to many others.
I know that often some hold the idea that "it is all about me". In this case, Fiio must do the things that make the most people happy while fixing the most prevalent bugs.

I am sorry that you feel it is a deal killer. But, for me (and apparently others) it is not important.

This is just my opinion, but judging by the length of time that Fiio spent actively developing for past DAP models, and the number of items left to do that are important to the majority, I would guess that they X5III will never get crossfade. This leaves you with not many choices. You can accept that and enjoy the positive features that the X5III does possess. Embrace a work around such as Neutron. Or replace the unit with something that does what you want.

Of course you could select to maintain the status quo. Continue feeling that you have been poorly treated by Fiio and ranting about it here (Such negativism seldom motivates anyone to help you...BTW).
Unfortunately this will just use your mental energy in a nonproductive fashion, and be very unlikely to change anything.

Your choice. Good luck.

Sep 28, 2017 at 2:54 PM Post #11,635 of 15,897
But I have the right to ask FIIO to implement it, right?:wink:
I think asking nicely and demanding while espousing negativism about the player and Fiio in general are quite different things.

Maybe it is all about the approach...

Sep 28, 2017 at 3:02 PM Post #11,636 of 15,897
I'm still on FW: 1.1.6, and it is working pretty darn well as my USB DAC... I really haven't unplugged it to use as a DAP in about 1.5wks, lol. Ah well... maybe when I actually get to leave the house.

Sep 28, 2017 at 3:43 PM Post #11,637 of 15,897
I believe that Brooko was trying to tell you in very nice terms that though this functionality is important to you, it is not , or at least has not ben reported as being, very important to many others.
I know that often some hold the idea that "it is all about me". In this case, Fiio must do the things that make the most people happy while fixing the most prevalent bugs.

I am sorry that you feel it is a deal killer. But, for me (and apparently others) it is not important.

This is just my opinion, but judging by the length of time that Fiio spent actively developing for past DAP models, and the number of items left to do that are important to the majority, I would guess that they X5III will never get crossfade. This leaves you with not many choices. You can accept that and enjoy the positive features that the X5III does possess. Embrace a work around such as Neutron. Or replace the unit with something that does what you want.

Of course you could select to maintain the status quo. Continue feeling that you have been poorly treated by Fiio and ranting about it here (Such negativism seldom motivates anyone to help you...BTW).
Unfortunately this will just use your mental energy in a nonproductive fashion, and be very unlikely to change anything.

Your choice. Good luck.

Hello, I'm not negative (just like you think so, it's your respectable free opinion). I just said my opinion and I will continue to say every time I FIRE to get a new firmware and not the crossfade. Why? Because I am in my right. So do not be scared, we are in a free forum where we can express ourselves without disrespect, and each asks and claims what you want or see necessary in your X5 III. It also does not help the fact that you are using "google translator" to write these lines (it is what you have not knowing English well). A greeting.:wink:

Sep 28, 2017 at 3:51 PM Post #11,640 of 15,897
I am still considering if to return my Fioo X5 III and get another new Fioo X5 III from the store
Is lovely player but it has this Black dead pixel which i notice in white background
Is the only thing right now i am disapointed with X5 III, it came in Sealed and New and should not have a Black dot or dead pixel on screen
it look like a Black particle but is inside the screen.

Btw I love Playing with Poweramp and Neutron best player out there, I also like the Fiio App
but it had some issue taking time to recognize my album art it took many hours until i finaly got it to work
in Poweramp and neutron i had no problem.

I Purchased both Poweramp and Neutron and highly recomend it, atleast they very good for me.
I also purchased over 20 Poweramp themes and have many nice Wallpaper

I can not use Animated GIF as background , seem like Live wallpapers can only be purchased from Google android store.
But i am fine with static wallpaper.

Since the Screen is so bright and fine on X5 III i think maybe i made by Samsung the screen itself.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back