Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Sep 28, 2017 at 6:13 AM Post #11,613 of 15,899
@FiiO , This is the 3rd time I say the same thing. Please FIIO, add fade of songs (cross fade), this function is very important for those who do not like the silence between song and song and we want everything followed without interruptions. I do not think it's that difficult to implement, is it?

Sep 28, 2017 at 6:16 AM Post #11,614 of 15,899
Installed via manual download as the OTA servers didn't work for me. Gapless seems to be working for now. I am currently testing it by listening to a full album (DSoTM)
It could be placebo but the UI is snappier. I have a good feeling about this. I hope this is a step in the right direction. Back to testing.

Sep 28, 2017 at 6:34 AM Post #11,615 of 15,899
They put a lot of work into this - including transitions between operations (optimising). Testing was actually quite fun because I could see the improvements as they were happening. I hope people find the improvements worth the wait :)

@Kasios - FiiO are having to prioritise things - ie targeting the most requested improvements / features. Proper gapless is one of the highest importance one (it is seamless on lossless now, but still has a micro gap on lossy files - they are still working on it). They've also had a lot of requests for replay gain, which again will be a higher priority. If its really important to you (crossfade), can I suggest you look into using an app like Neutron? It has crossfade and its configurable. It'll make you happier - until FiiO can get around to implementing it in Pure Music.

Sep 28, 2017 at 6:40 AM Post #11,616 of 15,899
They put a lot of work into this - including transitions between operations (optimising). Testing was actually quite fun because I could see the improvements as they were happening. I hope people find the improvements worth the wait :)

@Kasios - FiiO are having to prioritise things - ie targeting the most requested improvements / features. Proper gapless is one of the highest importance one (it is seamless on lossless now, but still has a micro gap on lossy files - they are still working on it). They've also had a lot of requests for replay gain, which again will be a higher priority. If its really important to you (crossfade), can I suggest you look into using an app like Neutron? It has crossfade and its configurable. It'll make you happier - until FiiO can get around to implementing it in Pure Music.

I understand that FIIO has priorities, but like the others, I have also spent € 500 on this player thinking that the crossfade would come standard, and it does not have it. For me it is something very important, as much or more than what others ask for in other improvements. The time is passing ........ and basic functions and improvements that should have been on day 1 of product launch are not, as the crossfade and everything you claim. In short ..., the neutron that admits to listen to songs by folders ?, because I remember trying it many months ago and I did not have, or did not have reinforcement of blunt bass, I no longer remember.

Sep 28, 2017 at 6:54 AM Post #11,617 of 15,899
Neutron has working crossfade - which is what you are after. Its one of the most configurable Android players on the net - I'd suggest giving it a go.

Also where did you get the idea that cross fade is one of the features FiiO advertised? They've never (as far as I know) talked about it being on their Android players. I'm not sure why you're disappointed in FiiO when it was never a feature that was planned. This idea of "should have been there on day 1" is a bit of a strange one.

Sep 28, 2017 at 6:55 AM Post #11,618 of 15,899
Also - what is blunt bass? And what do you mean by "neutron that admits to listen to songs by folders ?".

Neutron has ability to play by folder (browse) or by tags. Much the same as Pure Music.

Sep 28, 2017 at 7:02 AM Post #11,619 of 15,899
FW1.1.8 for X5III is now avialable:
The following changes and improvements have been made to the FW1.1.8 compared to the FW1.1.7:

System:

1. Added a new method to restore Google Play service (After uninstalling Google Play service, perform a factory restore then re-update the current firmware);
2. Updated the UI translation for some new functions.

APP:
1. Fixed issue where the display of the Now Playing list would not refresh after switching songs;
2. Changed the UI of the VU meter and lyrics search;
3. Fixed issue where the Gapless playback function might not work in a few cases;
4. Fixed issue where the change of the playback mode could not be saved or the Resume function could not remember the correct song/location if shutting down the player without exiting FiiO Music app first;
5. Fixed issue where the albums under the Artist category might be displayed in incorrect order;
6. Fixed issue where the default sorting method of a newly created playlist would be Alphabetical order;
7. Fixed issue where the DSD file might fail to play when output via Bluetooth in some cases;
8. Improved the jitter issue when fast forward/rewind or play/pause music;
9. Fixed issue where the sound might be abnormal when playing some mono or 5.1 channel tracks;
10. Fixed issue where some MP3 files could not be played;
11. Fixed issue where the embedded album art of some APE tracks could not be displayed;
12. Fixed issue where the playback would not restart form the begging when pressing the Previous button after playing the first track in a CUE sheet for more than 10 seconds;
13. Added notification ("Music file does not exist") for playing a deleted song in the playlist;
14. Miscellaneous bug fixes.

X5 3nd gen FW1.1.8:click here
How to upgrade:Click here

If you are having any other suggestion or meeting any problem, please feel free to contact us.

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Sep 28, 2017 at 7:37 AM Post #11,621 of 15,899
It works - but its hit or miss depending on the device you're connecting to. I've had it working with FiiO's Q1 Mkii yesterday. The only way to know for sure is to try it. Given there are so may different devices, and many people have less than perfect USB implementations, it would be kind of hard to cover everything. Note that Pure Music mode was flaky with it though - Neutron was rock solid.

Sep 28, 2017 at 7:54 AM Post #11,622 of 15,899
But I was under the impression that USB audio out would be a standard implementation and not Device specific with which it is connecting (I may be wrong). I had tried X5-III-FW 1.1.7 with FiiO-Q1 and Oppo-HA2-SE, both not working. My Cayin N3 works well with these two. I have not checked with 1.1.8 (first i have to download it :) ).

Sep 28, 2017 at 8:07 AM Post #11,623 of 15,899
Neutron has working crossfade - which is what you are after. Its one of the most configurable Android players on the net - I'd suggest giving it a go.

Also where did you get the idea that cross fade is one of the features FiiO advertised? They've never (as far as I know) talked about it being on their Android players. I'm not sure why you're disappointed in FiiO when it was never a feature that was planned. This idea of "should have been there on day 1" is a bit of a strange one.
I have not said that FIIO has said it, I said it is something basic and it exists in most mp3 players, and in this 500 € I think it should have come from basic.

Sep 28, 2017 at 8:26 AM Post #11,624 of 15,899
Most of the players I have don't actually have it - so its not as common place as you think (crossfade)

Again though - that is the beauty of Android. Use a player interface which does have it - easy :wink:

Sep 28, 2017 at 8:36 AM Post #11,625 of 15,899
But I was under the impression that USB audio out would be a standard implementation and not Device specific with which it is connecting (I may be wrong). I had tried X5-III-FW 1.1.7 with FiiO-Q1 and Oppo-HA2-SE, both not working. My Cayin N3 works well with these two. I have not checked with 1.1.8 (first i have to download it :) ).

I wish it would work with more devices too. What I would suggest is using coax for digital out with anything that isn't working (if you have that option) - its much simpler. Hopefully FiiO will do more to unlock the USB out eventually. In the meantime, the Q1 Mkii is definitely working.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back