Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Sep 28, 2017 at 3:52 PM Post #11,641 of 15,897
What are you even asking for with Crossfade? Blending between ending and start of tracks? Or increase in crosstalk to add "depth" to hard panned masters like OG E12 Mont Blanc did?

Sep 28, 2017 at 3:53 PM Post #11,642 of 15,897
Hey Kasios - I understand why you're asking - its important to you, so hopefully FiiO will implement at some stage. It is in their X3iii (different OS platform) so its not like they don't have an idea of what you want. But in the meantime - try that Neutron alternative, at leats until FiiO get it in Pure Music.

Sep 28, 2017 at 4:01 PM Post #11,644 of 15,897
1.18 is still sluggish on shuffle mode with big collections. Why is this @FiiO? Album art takes a sec or two to refresh to the current song when you hit next

Guessing its the RAM/processor and the size of your library. I think the one thing that FiiO may not have been envisaging with their players is how large collections would be. Mine has about 6500 tracks (about 450ish) albums - and I don't notice any signs of sluggishness. How large is your colelction. Also - do you often look at the screen when you are shuffling? Must kill your battery life.

Sep 28, 2017 at 4:03 PM Post #11,645 of 15,897
Anyone can get Pinball Deluxe: Reloaded
to work on Fioo X5 III i like this game but it crash on my X5 III
is a little nice game.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.greencod.pinballdeluxereloaded

If a update can be made in the future to make Fioo X5 III work with this game
i be happy

Um - the X5iii is a music player - I don't think they designed it as a game platform. And I'd think the last thing on their radar is fixing something for a game which 99% of their users won't play.

Sep 28, 2017 at 4:06 PM Post #11,646 of 15,897
Guessing its the RAM/processor and the size of your library. I think the one thing that FiiO may not have been envisaging with their players is how large collections would be. Mine has about 6500 tracks (about 450ish) albums - and I don't notice any signs of sluggishness. How large is your colelction. Also - do you often look at the screen when you are shuffling? Must kill your battery life.
I have over 11,000 tracks. Its only sluggish when the shuffle icon is on. When the normal playing icon is on. It's fine. Weird. Also Black player ex and Hibymusic with no problem. Yes I look at my screen sometimes

Sep 28, 2017 at 4:10 PM Post #11,647 of 15,897
I know some of their other players are pretty good in normal operation, but as slow as heck with shuffling. It makes sense too - what you're essentially doing is loading a lit of xxx track titles into memory and randomising them. The larger the collection, the slower it will be. It is quicker on X7ii - but that has double the RAM.

I guess some of the other apps are using a different method to get their speed. Wonder if FiiO could talk to someone like Hiby.

Sep 28, 2017 at 5:14 PM Post #11,649 of 15,897
I'm pretty sure this was sarcasm... :)
Unfortunately it wasn't - I've seen other posts from this user. It was a serious comment / request.

As a Moderator I get to cover a lot of threads :wink:

Sep 28, 2017 at 6:03 PM Post #11,650 of 15,897
Being old, I have to laugh a bit when people complain about sluggish behavior. I can recall having to insert 20 or so floppy disks into my Mac to install
1.18 is still sluggish on shuffle mode with big collections. Why is this @FiiO? Album art takes a sec or two to refresh to the current song when you hit next
1 to 2 seconds? Being old, I guess that lag time doesn't mean much, I remember when it took 20-30 floppy disks to install some Mac programs on my computer.
Unfortunately it wasn't - I've seen other posts from this user. It was a serious comment / request.

As a Moderator I get to cover a lot of threads :wink:
Maybe you can't play Pinball on the X5iii, but the Pinball Wizard sounds excellent on it. Many of the old rock classics sound better than they ever did.

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2017 at 6:29 PM Post #11,651 of 15,897
Hey Kasios - I understand why you're asking - its important to you, so hopefully FiiO will implement at some stage. It is in their X3iii (different OS platform) so its not like they don't have an idea of what you want. But in the meantime - try that Neutron alternative, at leats until FiiO get it in Pure Music.
Yes, you finally understand me :grinning:. I'll try the neutron to see how it works ...

Sep 28, 2017 at 9:25 PM Post #11,652 of 15,897
I think asking nicely and demanding while espousing negativism about the player and Fiio in general are quite different things.

Maybe it is all about the approach...

This. Sweet LORD this. Not just Kassios, so many people. If I were Fiio's PR person on here, I'd lose my poop frequently. Some of the users here come across like ravenous, just-born cuckoos. As soon as they get one thing, they immediately demand something more, or bitch and moan because the 10 bug-fixes or new features don't include that one they wanted (seriously, Kassios, I'm not aiming this at you I promise, this is a general rant. I haven't read your posts)

I know a device should be error free when it is released, but as things get more complicated, so too does the likelihood of errors and bugs creeping through to production models. This, plus the multitude of use-cases leads to consumers desiring the opportunity to make their requests heard (whether for a new feature or a bug-fix) and that's perfectly fine.

Here we have a company which makes a genuine effort to be present for its customers, to listen to them and to do their best to apply the advice or requests they have received, and do so in a pleasant and timely manner.
And so few people just say 'Thanks Fiio, feature A is working much better now' or 'Thanks for giving five of us the option to remove Google Play Services and then later reinstall it'

It makes me sad.

Meanwhile I'm walking around listening to music at a frankly ridiculous level of quality for a pocketable, portable rig, feeling that I'm incredibly lucky to be able to do so, with a big smile on my face.

Thank you Fiio.

tl:dr - give a little love while you're asking for stuff.

Sep 28, 2017 at 9:48 PM Post #11,653 of 15,897
If only I could have said it so well.
It is what it is, but I often shake my head vigorously when confronted by anyone who feels like they can demand anything based on simply purchasing a device.
Please exclude the features that were advertised as being available when the item was purchased. Those are truly owed to everyone that purchased under those terms.

I have to believe that Fiio is aware of those additional requests for undocumented features. I certainly hope that they are.
The previously described "advertised" are priority items. Those not included in this list are secondary.
It is what it is. Continual complaints will not likely change that.

All I was trying to do was to put that out there, never to disparage any one asking. Rather to try to set expectations.
Really.

Sep 28, 2017 at 10:52 PM Post #11,655 of 15,897
@FiiO FW 1.1.8 is a great step in the right direction. Keep up the good work.
I want to point out that the Fiio Music app crashes while trying to change the track using the hardware keys. The keys work with HF Player though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back