Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Apr 10, 2017 at 1:17 PM Post #7,291 of 15,899
  Hi FiiO

I currently have an X5 3rd Gen on order, having owned 5 FiiO DAPS before from the X3 to the X7. I would like to know however, when the next firmware update is to be released and what issues it addresses.

I think a lot of people who have actually purchased their X5iii and potential owners would also like to know also.

Darren

Fiio wouldn’t/shouldn’t do that until the engineers have thoroughly tested the new innovations for conflicts and new bugs.

As the rep would put it “not to disappoint”.

Apr 10, 2017 at 2:34 PM Post #7,294 of 15,899
[snip]
As I said, the Fiio does indicate that it's charging when I plug it in.  It just no longer seems to detect that it's plugged in and give me that "transfer files" screen.  Is there anyway to get to that screen directly?  Or is it only an auto-pop up? 

You should be able to access the USB connection screen manually after plugging in your X5III by pulling the notification bar down from the top of the screen and tapping the white box that reads "USB connected. Touch to copy files to/from your...". When you tap that, is displays the USB mass storage screen that normally pops up automatically when you first connect the X5III to a USB connection.

Apr 10, 2017 at 3:45 PM Post #7,295 of 15,899
Hi There

Just arrived the Fiio X5, it's not exactly the worst stuff I have heard but ... in the pole position of worst yes.
It's screaming, more with FLAC less with MP3, the interface seems to have been designed from someone coming from far planet ... like pluton.

It's not slow as someone told ... not really slow but is a huge buggy 

The DLNA woldn't work
The digital ou wouldn't work too

I guess I send it back tomorrow to amazon with my best wishes

Cheers

Apr 10, 2017 at 4:06 PM Post #7,297 of 15,899
Very strange, terriblenewby ... 

Screaming with FLAC?
Maybe you should change your headphone or your songs :) 
Can't imagine, that you're the only one with that behaviour ...

I really love the way, my FLACs are reproduced on X5 III ...

Apr 10, 2017 at 4:12 PM Post #7,298 of 15,899

I am surprised to hear that about advancedmp3players, I bought both my X5II and my X5III from them.

Both were purchased with 10% discounts plus quidco cashback on top, so I only paid £327.00 for my X5III.  My X5III even arrived next day free of charge through Amazon's shared stock system.

I used them often too.
Did you pre order yours?
My topcashback still not tracked.

Apr 10, 2017 at 4:14 PM Post #7,299 of 15,899
  Hi There

Just arrived the Fiio X5, it's not exactly the worst stuff I have heard but ... in the pole position of worst yes.
It's screaming, more with FLAC less with MP3, the interface seems to have been designed from someone coming from far planet ... like pluton.

The DLNA woldn't work

Cheers

Wow! I couldn't get DNLA to work either, but many people did. I solved my problem by installing Foobar. Maybe you are being a little hasty?
Pluton? I guess you mean Pluto - I admit I can be a bit of a wise-arse, but Pluto is no longer recognised as a planet.....

Apr 10, 2017 at 5:33 PM Post #7,301 of 15,899
  Hi There

The DLNA woldn't work

Cheers

Did you burn in for a few hours? I'd suggest at least a 100hrs in balanced to decide.

Apr 10, 2017 at 5:38 PM Post #7,302 of 15,899
Well you guys have to understand there will always be guys that don't like a sound for whatever reason it may be. I have never read a thread that has 100% satisfied users on any dap I have ever read up on. 

I have been using my X5iii with my CKR10. Modest little portable get up but this combo has been crazy good for me. As good as my IDSD BL is I can't tell much of a difference when I am using the CKR10 SQ wise. That says a lot about the X5iii SQ.  

It is only when I am using full sized cans there is much more difference. 

Apr 10, 2017 at 5:57 PM Post #7,303 of 15,899
Well you guys have to understand there will always be guys that don't like a sound for whatever reason it may be. I have never read a thread that has 100% satisfied users on any dap I have ever read up on. 

I have been using my X5iii with my CKR10. Modest little portable get up but this combo has been crazy good for me. As good as my IDSD BL is I can't tell much of a difference when I am using the CKR10 SQ wise. That says a lot about the X5iii SQ.  

It is only when I am using full sized cans there is much more difference. 

It's true that there will always be different opinions of DAPs (different audio preferences, IEM's, headphones, equipment faults etc) but terriblenewbys comments were so extreme and at variance with pretty well any post on this forum that it was bound to generate a "shocked" response. Maybe it's a language thing?

Apr 10, 2017 at 6:13 PM Post #7,304 of 15,899
I guys I come from IBASSO DX 80 wich is better ... (I speak about sound, power, and musicality), AK100 wich is better, IDSD  nano is better  ... 

About DLNA I have Synology offering DLNA service for audio and video .... so a kind of standard ...Yes, I can install foobar on PC as well but I wouldn't make my life more complex than already is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back