Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Apr 10, 2017 at 11:13 AM Post #7,276 of 15,899
what synch program? Have you rebooted computer? Is X5 set for USB storage vs DAC?

I don't use a sync program.  I just plug it in and a little "transfer files" screen pops up on the Fiio.  Then I click "enable file transfer" on the Fiio and copy the files directly onto the drive from my PC.

But, yes, I've rebooted the PC.  I've also tried it with 2 other computers and the Fiio doesn't seem to detect any of them as I no longer get that "transfer files" pop up.

I double checked and the Fiio is set for USB storage.

As I said, the Fiio does indicate that it's charging when I plug it in.  It just no longer seems to detect that it's plugged in and give me that "transfer files" screen.  Is there anyway to get to that screen directly?  Or is it only an auto-pop up? 

Apr 10, 2017 at 11:16 AM Post #7,277 of 15,899
Hi, same problem with me until I save the songs to sd1. The problem also occurs when i save it to sd2.

Let me know how does it works for you.

I download the spotify from google play too with the same FW

I have tried a few different combination over the last few days and nothing seems to be better or worse. I can work out why it only happens randomly. Sometimes its fine when I reboot and other times it logs me out and deletes the downloaded content. It is annoying!!

Apr 10, 2017 at 11:19 AM Post #7,278 of 15,899
Wasn't me, Hawaiibadboy. Although the DX200 was something I looked at with all the FiiO X5iii firmware issues. It's just people who have the x5 say the sound is worth it. Must be like owning an Alfa Romeo.

Apr 10, 2017 at 11:32 AM Post #7,280 of 15,899
Sorry, the only thing I could think of. Must watch too much Top Gear.

Never thought about it before, but can we put our hands on our hearts and say that all these issues are firmware related?

Could it be possible that the X5 3rd Gen and the X7, that must share hardware similarities, could be an/the issue? Just thinking.

Apr 10, 2017 at 12:05 PM Post #7,284 of 15,899
I don't use a sync program.  I just plug it in and a little "transfer files" screen pops up on the Fiio.  Then I click "enable file transfer" on the Fiio and copy the files directly onto the drive from my PC.

But, yes, I've rebooted the PC.  I've also tried it with 2 other computers and the Fiio doesn't seem to detect any of them as I no longer get that "transfer files" pop up.

As I said, the Fiio does indicate that it's charging when I plug it in.  It just no longer seems to detect that it's plugged in and give me that "transfer files" screen.  Is there anyway to get to that screen directly?  Or is it only an auto-pop up? 

Is the cable that you are using support data transfer? Are using the cable that Fiio supply you?

Apr 10, 2017 at 12:20 PM Post #7,286 of 15,899
  You would have to be more specific, as I always seem to get bad luck. They have been great in the past, but as mentioned in the above post, it's my word against theirs. Just hope they can track everything.

I think you must be referring the two occasions I purchased a FiiO X5 2nd Gen from advancedmp3players.co.uk and they both went missing. On both occasions, they refused to refund me until they found out what had happened. The second time, I got FiiO involved and threatened them with their local trading standards before I got refunded.

I am surprised to hear that about advancedmp3players, I bought both my X5II and my X5III from them.

Both were purchased with 10% discounts plus quidco cashback on top, so I only paid £327.00 for my X5III.  My X5III even arrived next day free of charge through Amazon's shared stock system.

Apr 10, 2017 at 1:04 PM Post #7,288 of 15,899
  @Darren Cotter

damn i hope it gets solved. my utmost respect for you behaving civil, i cannot imagine my reaction if i were in your situation.

Just heard back. The guy on the phone was great, but could only offer £190 for the mk 1 X5. I can get an X5 2nd gen for £215.

So the upshot is, I have to prove I paid the import duty to Jersey and then I will get a refund. Will then have to wait the 7 days it takes for the refund to apply to my account, before I can contemplate my next purchase.

Apr 10, 2017 at 1:06 PM Post #7,289 of 15,899

​Sometimes I get the pop up "Turn on USB storage" and other times it doesn't appear but the drives (sd cards) show up in  Windows explorer. Sorry I don't have any answers.

Apr 10, 2017 at 1:09 PM Post #7,290 of 15,899

I am surprised to hear that about advancedmp3players, I bought both my X5II and my X5III from them.

Both were purchased with 10% discounts plus quidco cashback on top, so I only paid £327.00 for my X5III.  My X5III even arrived next day free of charge through Amazon's shared stock system.

I've spent over £1,300 in the last two years, with them. When things go wrong, your on your own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back