Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Mar 29, 2017 at 8:26 PM Post #6,346 of 15,899
I know I read this already but has anyone used a card formatted as ExFat that the X5iii will read properly?

Mar 29, 2017 at 8:30 PM Post #6,347 of 15,899
  Agreed.  We should probably stop venting now.  The mods might not like it.

Cheers

Riley

This is the sort of post I really don't understand.  The Mods moderate on the posts according to the rules.  I happen to like the X5ii - in fact of all the DAPs I've ever tried, it would be second in SQ behind the LP5 Gold, but first in terms of features offered, and miles ahead of anything I've ever tried in terms of value for money.  Yes - for me it is that good.  But I would never stop people from having a valid opinion voiced.

What gets my goat is the amount of "noise" on this thread.  There is the occasional user (and I say this compared to the actual amount of owners!) who has posted with an issue which pertains to them, and maybe some others.  Someone will have an issue with crashes - so one or two jump in and the cry becomes "the UI is buggy and incomplete - we're being used as beta testers".  Yet we don't know if those one or two are because of their cards, or their files, or a myriad of other things they may be trying to do which may not be the norm.  I can only quote myself and Chris (HBB) - haven't had a crash yet for the last 4-5 software updates.  It's pretty much flawless.

The issue is people who have not held the product, used the product, heard the product - making noise in the thread, and perpetuating claims that their are serious issues with it.  That is the ongoing noise.  And its frustrating - because its drowning out the reality.

My reviewing career is coming to an end because of my work load.  I will buy this from FiiO, and I'm quite happy to return all their other DAPs once I pull the pin.  But this is the one.  My end-game.

Mar 29, 2017 at 8:37 PM Post #6,348 of 15,899

Dear JoeA1010,

Sorry to hear about that. Can you take the card out using the tweezers for help? 

Best regards

Tweezers don't fit into the tiny hole.  I tried a tiny nail to try to move the card into reach, but I can't seem to find anything tiny enough to make the card move at all.  I don't know exactly what the other people have used to get this done, but I can't seem to find anything small enough.  

Paper clip straightened and bent. I am embarrassed to say it, but I completely ignored the included tool...had no clue why it was there. The only thing I have used is a formed paper clip. Straight for maybe 1/2 inch  (~14 cm) then 90 degree angle to allow some pressure to be applied

Mar 29, 2017 at 8:42 PM Post #6,349 of 15,899
  I know I read this already but has anyone used a card formatted as ExFat that the X5iii will read properly?

I took two brand new 200 gig cards formatted in ExFat from the factory ...loaded them up, and it has worked fine

Mar 29, 2017 at 8:50 PM Post #6,350 of 15,899
Re:  Playlists --  I have been using Foobar to make my playlists for the X5-2.  Anyone have experience with that on the X5-3?   I have used MediaMonkey in the past but have found Foobar to be simpler and more intuitive.  Maybe not as flexible.

Mar 29, 2017 at 8:53 PM Post #6,351 of 15,899
I've seen a lot of people  wanting an A5 and wandered why till I hooked up my old E17 to my Oppo P3's. OMG this gave me more volume than I could ever need and quick access to bass and treble and the A5 is way more powerful than this. I can only imagine.

Mar 29, 2017 at 9:00 PM Post #6,352 of 15,899
I've seen a lot of people  wanting an A5 and wandered why till I hooked up my old E17 to my Oppo P3's. OMG this gave me more volume than I could ever need and quick access to bass and treble and the A5 is way more powerful than this. I can only imagine.

I rather enjoy the A5/x5iii combo. The ability for a quick "jolt" of bass at the flick of a switch is quite nice. As is the ability of Lo/Hi gain on a switch, too.

And I'm on 1.1.4, with absolutely no problems ever. Add me to the "no problems and love the device list," please Brooko. And I will miss your reviews, immensely. You have influenced my writings here, beyond what I could thank you for...

:thumbsup_tone2::beers:

Mar 29, 2017 at 9:12 PM Post #6,355 of 15,899
my 2 cents....I have a dp-x1 and like the smaller form factor of the x5 3rd gen....in the end the dp-x1 stayed and the x5 didn't....sound seemed more detailed and open on the dp-x1 but the android software seem more quickly responsive in processing actions....otherwise I love the size and fiio interface is getting better each round!

Mar 29, 2017 at 9:20 PM Post #6,357 of 15,899
  Re:  Playlists --  I have been using Foobar to make my playlists for the X5-2.  Anyone have experience with that on the X5-3?   I have used MediaMonkey in the past but have found Foobar to be simpler and more intuitive.  Maybe not as flexible.

Foobar works well for me. I keep my folder structure the same on my computer as i do on my X5iii. Make my playlists in foobar and save them as Mu38 playlists. move the Mu38 files to the X5 were the music folders are. I can then open them in folder view and play the list that way, or after opening a playlist there is an option to import to the player.  then the playlist will show up as a fiio playlist on the fiio main menu. I have about 20 playlists in foobar and they are now all on my player. really pretty easy especially if you already have foobar playlists. I can then delete the M3u8 files if i want.

Mar 29, 2017 at 9:25 PM Post #6,358 of 15,899
Paper clip straightened and bent. I am embarrassed to say it, but I completely ignored the included tool...had no clue why it was there. The only thing I have used is a formed paper clip. Straight for maybe 1/2 inch  (~14 cm) then 90 degree angle to allow some pressure to be applied
Paper clip is great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back