Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Mar 19, 2017 at 12:28 PM Post #5,315 of 15,897
I think... yes :)
When show "white text" is because is playing at that rate, when "orange text" not.

The trick is this config setting:
Android Sample rate: Variable rate

no you are wrong i asked the dev about that and he said that is not the case and its down sampled to android sample rate even if you use variable rate 

the text written is only applicable and valid with usb dacs 

Mar 19, 2017 at 12:30 PM Post #5,317 of 15,897
  ok so no way to play high res flacs and dsd outside of Fiio Music, disappointing. 

until now u are bound to android bit rates

i was excited like u but the dev said that is not the case 

Mar 19, 2017 at 12:53 PM Post #5,319 of 15,897
:frowning2:

Nevertheless, Uapp EQ (no volume drops), parametric EQ, working arts, and showcast (internet radio) are a must have, at least if you have paid this app in your phone, like me. And sounds really well :wink:

i adore uapp with its parametric eq and i care less about bit rates, and uapp sounds great

Mar 19, 2017 at 1:02 PM Post #5,320 of 15,897
i have yet to hear a better combo than fiio x5iii amped by alo mk3-B+

I am totally admiring this combo 

alo mk3-B+ without any doubts is a gem of an amp and I own 2 , I never bought 2 of the same thing

, I feel I am listening to a desktop set up using my oppo pm1

Mar 19, 2017 at 1:06 PM Post #5,321 of 15,897
  ok so no way to play high res flacs and dsd outside of Fiio Music, disappointing. 

until now u are bound to android bit rates

i was excited like u but the dev said that is not the case 

Gents, don't worry so much about sample-rate and bit-depths.

check this out : http://www.samma3a.com/tech/en/objective-sampling-rate/

Mar 19, 2017 at 1:13 PM Post #5,322 of 15,897
Amazon uk get stock in tomorrow (apparently), my free 1 month trial of prime expires tonight.  Figures.   That said I'll probably order it from amp3 and save 10% anyway.

Mar 19, 2017 at 1:23 PM Post #5,323 of 15,897
So, I had originally had problems getting the Fiio x5 III usb dac workign with my windows 10, I installed the driver and made sure to have the DAP in USB DAC mode while installation asked for it. Then it showed up on my playback devices list, but nothing was happening when testing and trying to configure. So, I then unplugged reinstalled driver and this time around it asked me to reboot my pc, so I did so. Then it would not register if it was plugged in it was only showing up via Bluetooth, so I then unplugged turned off  both bluetooth and wifi just to be safe, from there I reinstalled the driver since it was acting like it wasn't installed, and made sure everything was good on my end... Finally able to get audio out of device up to it seems 192khz / 24bit. Now, I was able to test it with both my flac's via Media Monkey I, playing flacs at your more standard 44.1/16-24 bit to something like my remastered Rush discography which is 192khz/24bit I believe. All music playing via the X5III sounds great, I actually think the DAC is fantastic, via iBasso PB2 to Audiofly AF-1120. I then went ahead to streaming from Tidal, just to check to see how the playback on that is, and I selected Emiliana Torrini, who I really enjoy her music from back like 8 years ago when I was in my early 20s I got into her Fisherman Daughter cd, and it went flawless as far sound quality, latency, and enjoyment. 

I can say without hesitation as far as needing a DAP for higher res audio flac files, streaming and files from sd card, and a DAC for at home listening from pc or laptop this is a great value from my ears and IMO. (don't want to step on anyones toes, lol) Give it a chance if you like a detailed, musical and smooth sound that doesn't stray to far from neutral then this is definitely something that may be for you, especially if you have multiple reasons of purposed for it's use it could be killing 2 to 3 birds with one stone.

Mar 19, 2017 at 1:27 PM Post #5,324 of 15,897
  1. One of our friend also informed us that EQ is not working in the Spodify, our engineer will look into it .
2. For setting up a " launcher" as a standard screen, we did disable it ,  since it will affect the operation for Pure mode.
3. We will improve it .
4.For the blue light, our engineer told us that it will not waste too much power, but we will consider to make a icon for the Blue light , and then you can choose to open it or not in the future.

Cool, thanks a lot for your replies! 

I hope you can solve the Spotify problem! :)

But in general I am very happy with the X5! 

Mar 19, 2017 at 1:31 PM Post #5,325 of 15,897
:frowning2:

Nevertheless, Uapp EQ (no volume drops), parametric EQ, working arts, and showcast (internet radio) are a must have, at least if you have paid this app in your phone, like me. And sounds really well :wink:

uapp does not work for me at all,  i get static noise, its updated but it does not work at all

can u confirm it works for u

onkyo hf player soumds good wish it had folder view which is a must for me

I still need to dial in the eq in neutron to perfection before giving final judgement which app i like most

Users who are viewing this thread

Back