Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Mar 19, 2017 at 6:10 AM Post #5,296 of 15,899

​They really nailed it. Love the sound of these dac's . FiiO did good.

I am using stock player more than neutron on x5iii

wonder about you which you use most, and do u use viper effect with stock player? If yes, I avoid using the dynamic system in viper effect as somehow it muddies the sound

I only use viper bass ---natural bass, fire-equalizer, viper clarity

Mar 19, 2017 at 6:27 AM Post #5,298 of 15,899

wonder about you which you use most, and do u use viper effect with stock player? If yes, I avoid using the dynamic system in viper effect as somehow it muddies the sound

​I am using FiiO's stock player . Sounds fantastic. Not using and viper settings right now.

Mar 19, 2017 at 7:57 AM Post #5,299 of 15,899

Using Onkyo HF player now... very stable, sounds great, sorting works, upsampling works and EQ works (even with DSD files), and hardware buttons works! (which ruled out Neutron and Poweramp that I have). 

Mar 19, 2017 at 8:05 AM Post #5,300 of 15,899

Using Onkyo HF player now... very stable, sounds great, sorting works, upsampling works and EQ works (even with DSD files), and hardware buttons works! (which ruled out Neutron and Poweramp that I have). 

that is interesting, but why did u prefer onkyo hf player over the other players?

best wishes

Mar 19, 2017 at 8:22 AM Post #5,301 of 15,899
  that is interesting, but why did u prefer onkyo hf player over the other players?

best wishes

Mainly usability. Currently, HF works without issue for me. (stock player issue with sorting, back-track, -1 error, random crashes... Neutron/Poweramp with non-working hardware buttons). The downside of HF is that it does not support some of the file formats (e.g. ape, iso).

I don't use much sonic whistle and bells so a player that work well operationally is important to me. I figure that if X5 III is bypassing the Android sampling then there shouldn't be too much sonic differences between the vanilla versions of players.

Sorry if you are looking for sonic comparison/advantages (which I did not quite looked into) :frowning2:

Mar 19, 2017 at 9:14 AM Post #5,302 of 15,899

Hello,

I have the same issue, with firmware 1.1.3

It displays "-1'
mad.gif

At the end of the song, it goes back to the previous selected album.

It happens randomly. Sometime, it is OK for this Vangelis's album too : "1" is displayed and, it plays the album perfectly

Last time it happened, I selected an album in the "album view", clicked on the first song (count was correct : "1/7"), played some songs from this album (not all songs).
While playing a song, I selected this Vangelis's album in the "Album view",  clicked on the first song, and see that count was not correct : "-1/16"
frown.gif

I hope FiiO will read our messages about this bug and fix it soon. 

So, I'm not alone...

Yes, you have described very well the bug, here is exactly the same.
I can not explain, however, why the problem involves only a few users and not all.
I hope that the problem will soon be identified and fixed, because use the device in these conditions, is really a pain in the ass.

Mar 19, 2017 at 9:27 AM Post #5,303 of 15,899
Hey Folks,

quite sure it's been posted somewhere before, but could anyone let me know of an app to download podcasts and compatible with Neutron and/or FiiO Pure Music?

I've been trying to download TTpod from FiiO's store but hungs itself... And Beyondpod (another app from Google's market) is not compatible with these players.

Thx you so much in advance.

Enviado desde mi H1

Mar 19, 2017 at 10:32 AM Post #5,304 of 15,899

Mainly usability. Currently, HF works without issue for me. (stock player issue with sorting, back-track, -1 error, random crashes... Neutron/Poweramp with non-working hardware buttons). The downside of HF is that it does not support some of the file formats (e.g. ape, iso).

I don't use much sonic whistle and bells so a player that work well operationally is important to me. I figure that if X5 III is bypassing the Android sampling then there shouldn't be too much sonic differences between the vanilla versions of players.

Sorry if you are looking for sonic comparison/advantages (which I did not quite looked into) :frowning2:

does onkyo player support replayGain ?  i have a lot various tracks  (electronic) with different level of volume - and the viper replayGain is a piece of ...... - so im looking for something that help  me to make gain as much as possible flat for all the tracks (flacs/dsds)

Mar 19, 2017 at 10:37 AM Post #5,306 of 15,899
I have had my fiio x5 for over a week now and love it. I have been using it at work to listen to both lossless files and Spotify and it does everything brilliantly. I have been using neutron which I have also grown to really like. Just wondering as people mention synergy in these forums, what would be a good closed headphone to mostly play metal for under £300 be for this player?

Mar 19, 2017 at 10:48 AM Post #5,307 of 15,899
New UAPP version (3.4.4) update in my smartphone, and changelog says with fiio x5/x7 compatibility... Will be true? :)

"The force 16-setting now also applies to Android audio playback to solve some noises issues with the Tab S and some Android devices that not implement floating point playback like the FiiO X5/X7"

Working Config:
Settings
Play throuhg Android ON
Use USB DAC OFF
Android Sample rate: Variable rate
Force 16-bit ON

Mar 19, 2017 at 11:32 AM Post #5,309 of 15,899
New UAPP version (3.4.4) update in my smartphone, and changelog says with fiio x5/x7 compatibility... Will be true? :)

"The force 16-setting now also applies to Android audio playback to solve some noises issues with the Tab S and some Android devices that not implement floating point playback like the FiiO X5/X7"

Working Config:
Settings
Play throuhg Android ON
Use USB DAC OFF
Android Sample rate: Variable rate
Force 16-bit ON

Does that mean UAPP wont be able to play 24bit files on the x5iii?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back