Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Mar 8, 2017 at 2:02 PM Post #4,337 of 15,897
So for the time being, I've been using the Neutron app for my music purposes, all files have read through just fine. I haven't been able to do too much testing, but I'm really enjoying the sound from tracks I've tested. I'll do more in depth testing when I get home, but overall I'm very happy with this DAP. My only concern at this point is the volume wheel. Does anyone else have a problem where the wheel gets stiff at a certain part of the wheel? I can turn with ease for mostly, but one section of the wheel requires pressure to turn. Is this normal? If so, I'm not too worried about it, I was just wondering if anyone else has had this issue.

Mar 8, 2017 at 2:31 PM Post #4,338 of 15,897
I addition to the issues some have been experiencing, I am unable to play most of the music (all FLAC) on my first SD card slot. I am using 2x256GB Samsung microSD cards, with around 6000-8000 songs on each. The scan function only identifies the first 1000 and it would seem that any after this can't be played even when using the folder browser. I have even tried manually launching the files from ES File Explorer to no avail. PowerAmp finds and plays them just find, and even the FiiO Music app has no issues with songs in the second card slot. I have reported this to FiiO Support and am awaiting a response.

Mar 8, 2017 at 2:32 PM Post #4,339 of 15,897
Got mine today. Moto G4 plus quick charger works.Loaded my 2-256gb cards in from my x5 ii and scanned them with no problem 8117 files with in-bedded art at 240x240,and mixed formats. pure music works fine. Back to work,play with it tonight.

Mar 8, 2017 at 2:41 PM Post #4,340 of 15,897
How often does Fiio typically release generational updates to their DAPs?

I'm just wondering when we might reasonably expect to see the release of X7 2nd generation?

My primary headphones are the HD600.
I like what I'm reading about the X5 3rd gen, but am worried that it's not powerful enough to bring out the best in my HD600.
The X7 with the AM5 amp module (or the AM3 balanced) is probably the best match for the HD600, but I feel like I want to wait until the 2nd generation of the X7 (so that they can implement everything they've learned from the success of the X5 3rd gen: dual SD slots, an arguably better UI, etc).

What do you guys think?

Mar 8, 2017 at 2:42 PM Post #4,341 of 15,897

So that means any 3rd party player (poweramp, neutron, hiby, UAPP) will use dual DACs and sound the same as the Fiio built in player?

Is there some tag editing software that can bulk/batch extract embedded art and save as jpg in the album folder?

MP3Tag [free] can do that. You can create an action to copy the artwork to the folder of the album.
You can drag & drop multiple folders in MP3Tag.
If there's multiple audiofiles in a folder it will overwrite the first one, so you get one picture in each folder.
When you're done you can select all files in MP3Tag, rightclick on the artwork of one file and delete the artwork by selecting remove artwork. Then save all your tags [cntr+S].
Test first with a copy of a part of your library ofc!

Mar 8, 2017 at 3:33 PM Post #4,343 of 15,897
Can someone please advise on m3u playlists with the stock FiiO app - how do you load them? Thanks.

Mar 8, 2017 at 4:50 PM Post #4,344 of 15,897
So...did not realize neutron was just a trial haha, though it does make sense. Would anyone know of a good, free alternative to the FiiO music app while the album art issue is being looked into? I'd rather not go through my library and remove the art if I don't have to. If I end up having to do that, I guess I really can, but I'd like to avoid that if I can.

Mar 8, 2017 at 5:15 PM Post #4,345 of 15,897
If 3rd party apps utilise the DAC hardware like the stock fiio app (like fiio confirmed in the embedded art post earlier), then poweramp would probably be the best free one? I suppose that would be down to personal preference though...

UAPP is great but not currently working also isnt free

Mar 8, 2017 at 5:32 PM Post #4,346 of 15,897
  If 3rd party apps utilise the DAC hardware like the stock fiio app (like fiio confirmed in the embedded art post earlier), then poweramp would probably be the best free one? I suppose that would be down to personal preference though...

UAPP is great but not currently working also isnt free

Poweramp is not free either.

Mar 8, 2017 at 5:36 PM Post #4,347 of 15,897
Damn... this hype train is running stong.

AND I GOT MY TICKET!

one thing though.   is neutron running wonky for anyone esle?   physical buttons don't work, when i'm in the app the volume wheel doesn't respond until i'm in the home screen and neutron is running in the background, and its kind of glitchy when going in and out of app.

Mar 8, 2017 at 5:49 PM Post #4,348 of 15,897

Indeed...it does seem to be...:sunglasses:
X5iii + A5 + Nightowl

Mar 8, 2017 at 5:52 PM Post #4,350 of 15,897
  Damn... this hype train is running stong.

AND I GOT MY TICKET!

one thing though.   is neutron running wonky for anyone esle?   physical buttons don't work, when i'm in the app the volume wheel doesn't respond until i'm in the home screen and neutron is running in the background, and its kind of glitchy when going in and out of app.

Yap, volume only goes up and the other buttons doesn't work like they have to

Users who are viewing this thread

Back