Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Mar 8, 2017 at 10:13 PM Post #4,366 of 15,899
  i have cover art embedded in music files which are up to 1000x1000 and still no problems.

So what the heck gives? At the least, and no offense meant to FiiO believe me, seeing as how there are some without issues, and plenty with issues, there has to be a reason, some way to diagnose the issue and tell users that if you have tagged in such a manner, images over size X will be a problem. It just can't be random. Now if it is some really complicated interaction then nobody is at fault, but this image thing is really hard to believe. I don't recall this being an issue on other Android based DAPs, but I could be incorrect. I say this not to be harsh or critical, believe me, I'm actually a FiiO fan, I just can't believe this issue is still so prevalent.

Hopefully those having issues are able to tell how their files were tagged and provide that to FiiO. There must be an underlying cause/pattern to detect.

Mar 8, 2017 at 10:20 PM Post #4,367 of 15,899
  i have cover art embedded in music files which are up to 1000x1000 and still no problems.

How many tracks in your library?

So what the heck gives? At the least, and no offense meant to FiiO believe me, seeing as how there are some without issues, and plenty with issues, there has to be a reason, some way to diagnose the issue and tell users that if you have tagged in such a manner, images over size X will be a problem. It just can't be random. Now if it is some really complicated interaction then nobody is at fault, but this image thing is really hard to believe. I don't recall this being an issue on other Android based DAPs, but I could be incorrect. I say this not to be harsh or critical, believe me, I'm actually a FiiO fan, I just can't believe this issue is still so prevalent.

Hopefully those having issues are able to tell how their files were tagged and provide that to FiiO. There must be an underlying cause/pattern to detect.

Check my above question

Mar 8, 2017 at 10:31 PM Post #4,368 of 15,899

How many tracks in your library?

About 7100 on Sandisk 128 and 64 gig mSD cards. Files are a mix of mp3, flac, wav, wv (foobar), dsf, dsd, iso. I will say this that not all my files are tagged with embedded cover art. But i will say this the ones that are play fine for me, however i forgot to mention the most important thing.. I always use the folder view and it works flawlessly for me.

Mar 8, 2017 at 10:36 PM Post #4,370 of 15,899
I just copy my album folders onto the X5III. Copy and paste. I have three folders filled with random tracks from various albums in flac. I have like 40 gigs of random MP3 Tracks in two folders. No issues.

Mar 8, 2017 at 10:44 PM Post #4,371 of 15,899

About 7100 on Sandisk 128 and 64 gig mSD cards. Files are a mix of mp3, flac, wav, wv (foobar), dsf, dsd, iso. I will say this that not all my files are tagged with embedded cover art. But i will say this the ones that are play fine for me, however i forgot to mention the most important thing.. I always use the folder view and it works flawlessly for me.

Well, yeah, that would be it then. You're browsing through the folder views..so the library is irrelevant. 

Anyways, 7100 tracks isn't all that much. so perhaps the embedded album arts that you do have aren't enough to fill up the folder which stores those images after scanning the library

Mar 8, 2017 at 10:58 PM Post #4,372 of 15,899
  The apps will not use the dual DACs direclty, but all the audio signals will be processed by the underlying audio architecture, which will work with the DAC's and other related chips. There might be a little difference between the sound from the FiiO Music and other apps, since they could use different codec or sound effect.

Thanks

It would be great if UAPP could get fixed so we can use that as our 3rd party player whilst the stock one is having the embedded art issue fixed

Mar 8, 2017 at 11:14 PM Post #4,373 of 15,899
Yes. Me. Wiggling? Difficult to dock? The X5ii docks very easy, however, it's a nightmare to dock the X3ii...

It was easy to dock and sits in securely. Note that it takes up the whole width of the dock recess on its own so you won't be able to dock it with either of the supplied cases still on.

Mar 9, 2017 at 12:26 AM Post #4,377 of 15,899
  guys... got my X5 iii... 

i tried a batt test... 8hours tops ... nonstop playing... but it takes around 3-4 hours to charge... 

How many hours you charge your X5 guys???

Battery life will largely depend on what files you're playing (DSD, mp3, 192/24 flac) and if you've got wifi and bluetooth on

Mar 9, 2017 at 12:36 AM Post #4,378 of 15,899
guys... got my X5 iii... 

i tried a batt test... 8hours tops ... nonstop playing... but it takes around 3-4 hours to charge... 

How many hours you charge your X5 guys???
i get 9 hrs and less than 2 hrs to charge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back